Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who is currently YOUR first choice for the job ?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    As said elsewhere for me it's between

Big Sam - good track record but dodgy, allegedly

Di Canio - big impact but untried and untested. Would need a good "Director of Football" to help him out

Parkinson - Still rate him but accept that he maybe, or at least be seen as, too close to the current regime to be a new broom sweeping clean.
  • Options
    I love the fact that some are seriously debating whether or not to go for Ranieri. He is the current Juventus manager, and has just beaten Real Madrid in the champions league. I think your opinion of whether he'd be capable of the job are secondary to the fact that he'd not consider taking it in a million years.
  • Options
    Oh John Collins for my realistic vote, Fat Sam for my more fanciful one. Can't see him wanting to come to us though
  • Options
    Tillson is a good choice.
  • Options
    I think the dates on the Ranieri and Collins comments are quite old.

Tilson does sound like a good shout if you are looking for a lower league manager to step up but expect a chorus of "Steve who? - Charlton doing things on the cheap/means we want a manager for the lower division as we are going down" comments.
  • Options
    I would have said sir Alex Ferguson but by the time he had built a team he would be about 87.......And I doubt whether he would want to move from Old Trafford mid season ;o)
  • Options
    I would say Les reed and Lawrie Sanchez would be a good combination.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I love the fact that some are seriously debating whether or not to go for Ranieri. He is the current Juventus manager, and has just beaten Real Madrid in the champions league. I think your opinion of whether he'd be capable of the job are secondary to the fact that he'd not consider taking it in a million years.

They're from just after we sacked Dowie, when we might have had a chance of getting him.
  • Options
    Really liked Sanchez when he was at Northern Ireland.

But spunked a load of cash at Fulham and don't think he did a good job there at all.
  • Options
    Kelvin Mckenzie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was looking for info on what Jorge Costa was up to these days & a guy from a Portuguese website emailed me saying although he thought he was destined for a good future in management, he didn't think Jorge would be interested in leaving Portugal. He reminded me of a quote from Tanque that he 'Didn't have the heart of an emigrant'. Shame. The website was Portugoal, it's english language.
  • Options
    We need Jesus - a fecking miracle and some still won't be happy...
  • Options
    Keith Peacock with Kinsella assisting till the end of the season. Hopefully Keith will keep us up and steady the whole club down.
  • Options
    ABP
  • Options
    Think I've said it before on loads of threads but its Billy Davies for me.

Can do a job on the type of budgets we have, and has a pretty decent track record as a manager. Nearly got Motherwell into European, got Preston to 2 successive play-offs and then got Derby promoted. He's seem to take every team he manages forwards, and its also worth pointing out that they tend to go backwards after he leaves, so he must have something about him that gets things out of players that other managers can't.

Also he is available, so no compensation to clubs for taking their manager.
  • Options
    Some of the names that come up in these debates never cease to amaze me-why the hell would Mark Bowen be a success? Just because he played a few games for us? Do any of us even know whether he wants to be a manager? Or if he'd leave Man City? Or if we could afford him? Given our worsening plight, I really don't think a novice manager is a good idea and someone like Tilson would be ideal because he'd be relatively cheap and he clearly knows how to get the best out of his players.
  • Options
    If their takeover goes through and they look for a big name manager, what about getting Joe Kinnear? He's certainly turned Newcastle round.
  • Options
    For me it's between Tilson, Di Canio, Mark Bowen, Kinnear or Billy Davies.

* Tilson is Curbs-lite for me and one Curbs was enough thanks
    * Bowen is unproven and we can't afford that
    * Billy Davies would get stuck into em and wheel and deal. And would be the sensible option.
    * I'd go for Di Canio personally but think the board would be too scared of him!
    * The interesting thing watching Joe Kinnear last night is that the staff he surrounds himself with seem very positive and committed and have got the right response from the toon players. I doubt I'd even recognise Phil Parkinson if he walked past me!

Whoever came in I'd bring in Les Reed back as coach, as he was wrong place, wrong time previously and a got made a scapegoat.

Also maybe we could bring in Curbs' old 25 stone goalkeeping coach again. . . . ?

ANYWAY PARDOO AIN'T GOING NOWHERE TIL HE GETS HIS BUNCE!
  • Options
    Please stop with this Di Canio talk - the bloke is a clown full of hot air bravado with no experience of management let alone management in the CCC with a struggling club.

Bowen has stated on many occassions he does not want to be a number 1

Personally I'd got for Joe Kinnear he's done a great job at Newcastle has no prospect of being taken on and think he would jump at the chance of managing us. He has the experience we desperately need.
  • Options
    Alan Pardew.

(til xmas at least).