Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who is currently YOUR first choice for the job ?

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Lets hear you views.

Of what is available, i could warm to a Lawrie Sanchez / Les Reed combo

PS. Dave Jones is a non-runner for me, can't see him leaving Cardiff now.

Comments

• Options
    What about Ranieri, I dont agree with all this " must be young english etc"! We need a manager who has proved himself in a top league.
  • Options
    I really don't have a first choice which in my opinion is really worrying.
  • Options
    anyone but hoddle or o'leary
  • Options
    I agree Ranieri has proved himself at a top level - but is he capable of pulling-off a "great escape" style two thirds of a season?
  • Options
    Lawrie Sanchez.

Proven motivation skills, has got the best of a bad bunch.

We have more quality than the Northern Ireland side.

if we appoint a proven failure, Hoddle, Robson etc etc then Reading will be my last away game.
  • Options
    Im with Lawrie sanchez......
  • Options
    First choice I would go for Alex McCleish but would nt mind Raneri or Sanchez

A firm fuck off to hoddle , o'leary , graham
  • Options
    Now's his chance to prove it, if you bring in a well known manager then it gives the players alot of confidence and thats half the battke, we have the class in our side!
  • Options
    i like Ranieri, but don't rate him. Had had Scott Parker, and stuck him right wing. If it wasn't for his superb personality he would of been hounded out of Chelsea long before he was.

We can't have a manager coming in who knows next to nothing about our current squad, or have unrealistic plans for Jaunary signings. We simply do not have the time, or the money.
  • Options
    Iain Dowie -

Oh he's gone.

Fuctifino -

Sanchez is a good shout

What about Chris Powell with Reed - he'd certainly have the respect of the players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So what your saying is We are F****d!
  • Options
    TT
    edited November 2006
    If i could pick anyone it would be Boothroyd at Watford (but he won't come to us), at least he knows that he can't out football the top sides with the weakest team in the league so instead plays to their strengths. Our strengths? Teamwork, a striker, a couple of half decent wingers, Pace = Play wide & on the break.

Billy Davies is another who could do the goods, Sven, McGleish or maybe Jesus of Nazareth who might be able to save us?!
  • Options
    Who would realy want a job that they have to work with someone else's squad and cannot buy anyone in Jan?
  • Options
    Boothroyd?

Blimey, not sure I could watch that every week
  • Options
    les reed as caretaker until the new year...then see where we are
  • Options
    Perhaps the question should be not who we would want but who would want to take it?

No money to spend or opportunity to spend it, rock bottom in the table and seemingly at the point where if the players/backroom staff don't like you, you're out.

Not the most enticing of opportunities.....
  • Options
    TT
    edited November 2006
    Last year Watford played some lovelly stuff, played with two wingers and played slick attractive passing football. On Winning the Play Off he realised the squad he has isn't strong enough and he knows he's not going to be able to out football sides in Prem league so adapts their tactics accordingly... The blokes smart and can adapt to a situation. Throw him in anywhere and he'll get the best out of players and the strengths of the squad with little money to spend
  • Options
    Same as the summer for me, and that was Billy Davis, if not then Sanchez
  • Options
    Les Reed or Hoddle
  • Options
    Don't wanna think about a new man, whoever we get in now has little/no chance of making any real difference. Sorry if I sound negative, really think we have ballsed this up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm with Ketman on this, I think the club have made a huge f*** up.
  • Options
    Laurie "Dirty" Sanchez para mi
  • Options
    They may have made a mistake, on the other hand they may not have. It depends how they react to this. Putting Les Reed in temporary charge is a good move and probably the only thing they could do. But he's a short-term replacement and buys some time...

Candidates...
    Pardew might be out of a job soon...
    Sanchez...has worked with Reed

I reckon one of these two with Murray perhaps waiting to see what happens with Pardew.

I can't see Billy Davies/Parkinson leaving their current clubs which they've just joined.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Lets hear you views.

Of what is available, i could warm to a Lawrie Sanchez / Les Reed combo
    Are you Fulham in disguise? Areeeee you Fulham in disguise?
  • Options
    Pardew, Pardew and then Pardew. We've had a dodgy month but please let's keep a bit of a grip on reality.

Sanchez and Reed? Blimey people have got short memories.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Pardew, Pardew and then Pardew. We've had a dodgy month but please let's keep a bit of a grip on reality.

Sanchez and Reed? Blimey people have got short memories.
    Look at the dates Heath of the post...
  • Options
    Pardew, but we need to sort out the defensive lapses that seem to cost us goals every game, too many unforced errors and too many cheap goals conceded.
  • Options
    We are poor at the back at the moment, but our inability to score many goals is surely our biggest weakness?
  • Options
    Pardew, I guess, is the man motivator.

Who's responsible for organising defence & set pieces?
    Maybe it's 1st team coaching that needs review?
  • Options
    November the 14th 2006 - this is an old thread!