Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kevin Lisbie

1235»

Comments

• The bastard just scored for the scum. I hate him!
  • Thats morelike it!
  • edited August 2010
  • Have you borrowed OohAah's phone, Falcs ....?
  • Am in France. Reckon that cost £8 that post!
  • Millwall like last week prove they are nothing more than a bunch of hard working League One cloggers who play as a team.
  • lol, if you'd have seen them today...... haven't seen football like that at the Valley for about ten years. It was absolutely quality championship play; mind you Hull were even worse than our lowest ebb in 2008-2009. Lisbie's finish was quality even if the goalie seemed to fold in on himself. And Trotter was absolute class again.

Lisbie actually looks like an all round player now. A couple of times he head downed it, when a quick galnce might have meant Morrison getting away. But his movement and layoffs under pressure were sharp and clever, including his linking the play for their fourth goal.
  • I hope you were well paid to go to that ground colin ..... ... I mean .....
  • If it was any other club, I'd be the first to wish Lisbie well. As it's Millwall, I hope he scores occasionally, and sets up the odd goal, but they lose anyway.
  • I wonder if we'll ever have a humble pie thread for Lisbie? No, for most of our supporters he'll always be sh*t no matter how well he performs elsewhere!
  • Sponsored links:

• Lisbie was breaking through when we had a wealth of forwards.Curbs patience with Lisbie was not misplaced.As soon as he established himself Lisbie would go through lenghty
    injuries culminating in that dreadful sickness which he bravely fought.It was a frustrating period of stops and starts but Curbs knew that although Lisbie was not a natural finisher
    he is the type of player that with a jinx,dribble,touch or a nod creates and gets others to score.Anyone who wants to trawl through Charlton goal archives is bound to notice this trend.
    The last time I saw him in a Charlton shirt was in a reserve match at the Valley soon after his rehabilitation.It was a time when the Premiership was giving some of our new found
    supporters delusions of grandeur.During this match I had to endure a constant loud mocking of Lisbie by this Charlton Lady supporter which was well over the top.
    She was going on sarcastically at the top of her voice 'Darren Bent must be shaking Kevin' and then going on to call him rubbish again and again.Anyone on here that has attended
    reserve matches would straight away understand that a voice like that would sound like a bolt of lightning in such an eeriely quiet atmosphere.What made it even more embarassing was that Lisbies wife and young kids were seated just a couple of rows down from where this piece of garbage was launching her vile tirade.Lisbies wife was visibly
    offended.I was saying to myself this cant be Charlton.It was so uncommon that I dismissed it as an unsavoury incident.
    My memory of Kevin Lisbie will always be that hattrick against Liverpool especially the third goal.The stewards had to prise me off my seat in the upper North 15 minutes after fulltime.I was in cloud nine and savouring every minute.To me I had just witnessed a piece of great Charlton history.
  • [cite] queensland_addick [/cite] He needs to play alongside a goalscorer who can take advantage of the chances he creates. That's something he never had in all the years he was at Charlton and why the fans always expected him to provide the goals, which he was never capable of providing. He would have been great alongside Darren Bent for example but he was never given the chance.

Im not sure I buy into that qa.
    My recollection is that he rarely looked for a teammate to play in.

Curbs lauded his ability to create his own chances not the chances he created for others.
    It might be interesting to see stats on how many assists he provided for Jason Euell and others
  • [cite]Posted By: Paul Walsh 79[/cite]Lisbie was breaking through when we had a wealth of forwards.Curbs patience with Lisbie was not misplaced.As soon as he established himself Lisbie would go through lenghty
    injuries culminating in that dreadful sickness which he bravely fought.It was a frustrating period of stops and starts but Curbs knew that although Lisbie was not a natural finisher
    he is the type of player that with a jinx,dribble,touch or a nod creates and gets others to score.Anyone who wants to trawl through Charlton goal archives is bound to notice this trend.
    The last time I saw him in a Charlton shirt was in a reserve match at the Valley soon after his rehabilitation.It was a time when the Premiership was giving some of our new found
    supporters delusions of grandeur.During this match I had to endure a constant loud mocking of Lisbie by this Charlton Lady supporter which was well over the top.
    She was going on sarcastically at the top of her voice 'Darren Bent must be shaking Kevin' and then going on to call him rubbish again and again.Anyone on here that has attended
    reserve matches would straight away understand that a voice like that would sound like a bolt of lightning in such an eeriely quiet atmosphere.What made it even more embarassing was that Lisbies wife and young kids were seated just a couple of rows down from where this piece of garbage was launching her vile tirade.Lisbies wife was visibly
    offended.I was saying to myself this cant be Charlton.It was so uncommon that I dismissed it as an unsavoury incident.
    My memory of Kevin Lisbie will always be that hattrick against Liverpool especially the third goal.The stewards had to prise me off my seat in the upper North 15 minutes after fulltime.I was in cloud nine and savouring every minute.To me I had just witnessed a piece of great Charlton history.

Great post Paul, agree 100% with all of that. It became almost fashionable amongst Charlton supporters to slag off Lisbie. I know for a fact that he was well aware of all the crap that was said about him, so I wasn't at all surprised that he didn't come back. As you say, anyone who questions his abilty or contribution to the team should get out their season highlights DVD's from around 2003/4. I was amazed just how many goals he was directly involved in when I looked at them again recently. Anyway welcome to the Kevin Lisbie appreciation society. That's me, Len, Oggy and yourself.
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Paul Walsh 79[/cite]

Anyway welcome to the Kevin Lisbie appreciation society. That's me, Len, Oggy and yourself.

and 12,500 Millwall fans....
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

Really? I was told that some sections of the Millwall crowd booed him?
  • [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

Really? I was told that some sections of the Millwall crowd booed him?

Some absolute divs did against Hearts, god knows why, perhaps they have a more intense hatred of all things Charlton that most of us do...against Bristol & Hull I didn't hear any boos and got a standing ovation as he was subbed Saturday.

Did miss a very good opportunity to feed Morison for a goal, but overall his workrate and all round play has been impressive so far.

For some reason I had the impression of him being a big time charlie and someone who swanned around the place, why I thought that I'm not sure, but he certainly isn't like that and if he continues the way he is going he'll be a good asset for this season.
  • I'm glad he's doing okay for you - I don't have any bad feelings towards him and I'm also glad he's not playing for a team in the same division as us as he'd be bound to score against us!
  • https://youtu.be/Mh0Rnb7Wr-E

An interesting interview with Lisbie.

He's very openly honest.

Talks about curbs a lot and dressing room private matters
  • edited April 2021
    Enjoying it so far. Interesting when he said under Curbs there were “no bad eggs”. I’m sure that was true for 95% of them but I wonder if there were any he wanted to mention, eg. Carlton Cole. Maybe he wasn’t including loan players though.
  • I managed to get through this up until the part where he's released. I would listen to the rest, but my god, the guy interviewing him is fucking awful. He sounds like a dodgy copper interviewing a suspect and trying to get him to dish the dirt on his mates and starts every question with "Tell me about..................".
  • Sponsored links:

• Do a shot every time Lisbie says “implement”.
  • I managed to get through this up until the part where he's released. I would listen to the rest, but my god, the guy interviewing him is fucking awful. He sounds like a dodgy copper interviewing a suspect and trying to get him to dish the dirt on his mates and starts every question with "Tell me about..................".

He is a bit weird that bloke
  • JaShea99 said:
    Enjoying it so far. Interesting when he said under Curbs there were “no bad eggs”. I’m sure that was true for 95% of them but I wonder if there were any he wanted to mention, eg. Carlton Cole. Maybe he wasn’t including loan players though.
    Why was Carlton a bad egg? We wanted him
    for another season and someone close to him advised him to sign for Villa instead.