Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kevin Lisbie

Comments

• A very dissappointing signing. A career of failure everywhere except Colchester, seemed to have spent a decade being regarded as a kid trying to make a breakthrough at Charlton. 32 in three months as well!
  • in a nutshell freethinker.....................enjoy him
  • As far as I can remember Lisbie either couldn't get into the team when he was with us or when we needed him was bloody injured... Apart from that one game against Liverpool.
  • Kevin Lisbie is far too good for Millwall. He should have joined Blackpool or one of the lesser Premier League clubs where he could still do a good job, but not as the main striker.
  • lol, of course he should have q_a, what with his formidable scoring record.
  • edited July 2010
  • laughable queensland
  • edited July 2010
    From what I remember reading a year or so ago Lisbie is on big money at Ipswich, who paid £750k for him. Last season when he was on loan at Colchester, they were only paying a proportion of his wages. This is why there were rumours that he would be called back in January.

I'd imagine that Millwall were the only club willing to take him, that he would go to, so chances are that a similar deal is in place. Until his contract with Ipswich expires he will probably be a financial burden to them, and if Keane is not going to play him then they will loan him out to anyone that will take him, for what ever fraction of his wages they are willing to pay. It's not a million miles away from what we did with Marcus Bent and Amady Faye until we managed to sell them.

My best guess is that if he is given a run in the side he will score goals at Championship level. His main problems with us were down to injuries, and being in a side that was mid table in the Premier League. I don't ever remember him sulking at not playing or, in fact, any unprofessional behaviour. I'd have been more than happy to have him in our squad next season, except that we can't afford him now.
  • Thank god he's gone there instead of us. Can't think of another player in recent years that caused so much ill feeling between his supporters and those who realised he was absolute and utter garbage and was lucky beyond belief to have made such a decent living out of our club*

*can you guess which side of that fence I was on?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Thank god he's gone there instead of us. Can't think of another player in recent years that caused so much ill feeling between his supporters and those who realised he was absolute and utter garbage and was lucky beyond belief to have made such a decent living out of our club*

*can you guess which side of that fence I was on?[/quote]

You loved him, and Jason Euell
  • Sponsored links:

• Pressure will be even greater on Lisbie now as Shaun Batt is out for the season.
  • I'd have Lisbie and Euell in my starting line up against B'mouth next week, but that is a reflection on CAFC's position rather than the two players.
  • I think he'll do ok, I'm just astounded that he is 31, I thought he was an up and coming youngster
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]I think he'll do ok, I'm just astounded that he is 31, I thought he was an up and coming youngster

He's got 5 kids, must be good at up and coming.
  • I am very surprised at how little cash the Spanners are spending, they either think that they have enough in their squad to stay up or they don't have any cash to spend.

It will be interesting to see how long they hold onto Morrison if he scores goals in the CCC, he looks a very decent player and one that the likes of Boro may well become interested in.

A bid of 2 million + would be very hard for the Spanners to reject.
  • A few of their fans booed Lisbie when he came on today. Nice to see it's not just Charlton 'fans' who boo their own!
  • He made a great impression yesterday, a very impressive debut.

Ormiston - we've signed Trotter, Henry, Lisbie, Mildenhall and now Carter on loan and will probably look to add one or two more loan signings.

I believe we have money if Jackett feels he needs to spend it but we certainly aren't going to spend silly money and risk putting ourselves in the shit.
  • Hit the woodwork twice and Millwall scored from the rebounds.... Championship is his level
  • [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Hit the woodwork twice and Millwall scored from the rebounds.... Championship is his level

That's one level above us, though.

Conclusion: Lisbie has found his level, so he's a better player than most give credit for.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]A few of their fans booed Lisbie when he came on today. Nice to see it's not just Charlton 'fans' who boo their own!

I guess that was because Spanners think of Lisbie as ' Charlton' ............?
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]A few of their fans booed Lisbie when he came on today. Nice to see it's not just Charlton 'fans' who boo their own![/quote]

I guess that was because Spanners think of Lisbie as ' Charlton' ............?[/quote]

Blasphemy Oggy, you have accussed Millwall fans of having the ability to think
  • [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Hit the woodwork twice and Millwall scored from the rebounds.... Championship is his level

never....if championship was his level, he'd have scored them...;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Hit the woodwork twice and Millwall scored from the rebounds.... Championship is his level

Conclusion: Lisbie has found his level, so he's a better player than most give credit for.

I wouldn't judge him on one decent game! But it looks promising.
  • Haha, Lame Lion!
    We know Lisbie is promising.

He's been promising for about 15 years. Exciting young prospect, though.
  • Have to agree with SPL, the first 11 Millwall have looks promising. Plus they have capable if not brilliant replacements; they may be found out in a few matches but more than good enough to keep them ticking over in winter. When you look at the squad Jackett carefully has pieced together, with so many players capable of filling in and adding something to the team it makes you weep at the pathetic variety Pardew haphazardly assembled.

Think they were greatly aided by Abdou being injured in the week. Carter's very capable and stoic in that div, shame he got red. Unless Abdou grows up as a player and learns some positional responsibility, Millwall's midfield can't cope with only Trotter keeping it tight in cm. As for Trotter think he's going to be a top champ player by the end of the season. Why he was never used by Magilton or Keane one wonders, especially when Ipswich were so piss poor in any game when the pressure was on their poncey players.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Hit the woodwork twice and Millwall scored from the rebounds.... Championship is his level[/quote]

Conclusion: Lisbie has found his level, so he's a better player than most give credit for.[/quote]

I wouldn't judge him on one decent game! But it looks promising.[/quote]

If you appreciate Lisbie for what he is, rather than isn't, you won't end up being disappointed.
    He is not, and never will be a prolific goalscorer. What he does well is open up defences with his speed and skill and create goalscoring opportunities for himself and others. He needs to play alongside a goalscorer who can take advantage of the chances he creates. That's something he never had in all the years he was at Charlton and why the fans always expected him to provide the goals, which he was never capable of providing. He would have been great alongside Darren Bent for example but he was never given the chance.
    Keep him fit and look after him, he's a good lad and a very good player.
  • Just scored. Spanners 2-0 up against Hull.
  • edited August 2010
    Millwall 2 Hull 0

Morrison & Lisbie
  • Stop copying me...
  • Worry about your own club eh