Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kevin Lisbie

Comments

• [quote][cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Thank gawd for that.Lisbie is not the 25+ goals a season man we need to get out of this league.[/quote]

But he's Quality!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Len am i missing something mate, did the Spanners lose Morisson?Quality player in my opinion, absolute quality!

True.

Morrison and Harris up top with Lisbie wide right possibly.

Either way Millwall have two strikers who know where the onion bag is.
  • In league one, just about, in the championship, not so sure, harris would do in his prime, but not sure now, he rarely plays a full game. Morrison, we shall see, might be more suited to league one, I'd have him here without a doubt at the moment though. Akpo sodje is possibly the worst 'striker' we have had in 20 yearsn bearing in mind what division he is plying his trade for us.
  • kevin lisbie will get millwall goals,thats how he rolls
  • all our crappier players of yesteryear are far too good for us now;-(
  • Lisbie and Millwall.

Ever you need an example of how some players will sign for absolutely any club if they are offered a few quid, this is it.

He'll either be brilliant there, or get the worst dogs abuse any player has got before.
  • or he will play a few games stay in their treatment room for 5/10 years and trouser the cash -- f**k him a lump of sh*t now playing in a toilet.sorry about only seeing his/their good side -- glass always half full me.
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Lisbie and Millwall.

Ever you need an example of how some players will sign for absolutely any club if they are offered a few quid, this is it.

He'll either be brilliant there, or get the worst dogs abuse any player has got before.

I'll wager on the latter....one poor game and they'll slaughter him, no actually - one poor half
  • didnt mind lisbie when he played for us now he has gone down the road to the shite i think he is a complete t----r.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Lisbie and Millwall.

It's only a loan isn't it, so won't he get the same money he is on at Ipswich, whoever is paying it?

I'm sure I remember reading Keane didn't like him living in London. Can't imagine Lisbie had many options that meant he wouldn't have to move. Probably just happened to be the best move he could get.

I'm not sure he'll ever repeat that season at Colchester, someting like 17 league goals at Championship level.
  • Sponsored links:

• The revisionism of some of our past players is very funny.
  • edited July 2010
    Very disappointed with this. I think he'd have scored 10-12 and set up another 10+ goals.
    Who could possibly blame him for choosing Millwall after all the unjustified stick he took from our fans.
    He's gone to a local club (no more long journeys up the A12 every morning) a division higher and probably more money as well.
    It will be very interesting to see if the Millwall fans appreciate his merits more than we did.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Unfairly maligned player when at Charlton in the way only our fans know how.

That's rubbish. 19 goals in 10 years as a striker would have seen him ridiculed at any club in the country. In fact at any of the other 91 clubs he probably would never even have lasted 5 years, never mind 10!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Unfairly maligned player when at Charlton in the way only our fans know how.
    [/quote]

Spot on Len.
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Unfairly maligned player when at Charlton in the way only our fans know how.

Spot on Len.

ridiculous. As Chris said, his strike rate was shite and as a premiership footballer, so was he. He would have taken stick anywhere else as well.
    the crap our general fanbase gets from our own is a joke sometimes.
  • And 3 of those goals were in 1 game!
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]
    He's gone to a local club (no more long journeys up the A12 every morning) a division higher and probably more money as well.
    It will be very interesting to see if the Millwall fans appreciate his merits more than we did.

Why will he be on more money? His contract is with Ipswich.
    And from talking to a couple of Millwall mates last night they are astounded he's signed for them as a) he's ex-Charlton, b) not very good, c) they have enough strikers already and d) he always got loads of abuse when playing against Millwall.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]or he will play a few games stay in their treatment room for 5/10 years and trouser the cash -- f**k him a lump of sh*t now playing in a toilet.sorry about only seeing his/their good side -- glass always half full me.

He's on a season long loan, so any injury will be spent in Ipswich's treatment room.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]And 3 of those goals were in 1 game![/quote]

Great 3 goals though!

He lacked confidence and ability, especially when 1 on 1 with the keeper.

You're not unfairly criticised when you constantly miss chances!

Anyway, he's gone for the money so lets see how long he lasts with that mob.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]

And from talking to a couple of Millwall mates last night they are astounded he's signed for them as a) he's ex-Charlton, b) not very good, c) they have enough strikers already and d) he always got loads of abuse when playing against Millwall.

a) Ex-Charlton? Nobody at Millwall really cares about that. If he was vermin yes, but we've even had a few of them in the past. As for being astounded that he's ex-Charlton? Laughable.
    b) agreed, although he looked alright against us last season
    c) Have we? Morison yes, Harris is in his 30's, will pick up knocks etc, Alexander was out most of last season and untested at this level, Grimes is young & raw and don't think Jackett has much faith in him, Batt is out injured long term....so er, not enough strikers in my book.
    d) He got loads of abuse at Colchester last year and he gave a bit back, fair play to him, can't see anybody holding that against him as soon as he pulls on that shirt.

Strange comments from your Millwall mates.
  • Sponsored links:

• He is on a season long LOAN...so he ain't coming to Millwall for money!

& the thought of us enticing players because we pay big money...hahaha Millwall & big money, dear me, not in my lifetime!
  • edited July 2010
    Sparrows, dont you find that the younger reebok wearing generation of Mwall, find Charlton more of a rival, as so many have grown up around the Welling, Bexley, Sidcup areas?

Mwall would've paid a fairly large loan fee Sparrows.

To keep it on topic, where did 'Sooper Kev' make his debut?
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Sparrows, dont you find that the younger reebok wearing generation of Mwall, find Charlton more of a rival, as so many have grown up around the Welling, Bexley, Sidcup areas?

Mwall would've paid a fairly large loan fee Sparrows.

To keep it on topic, where did 'Sooper Kev' make his debut?

Why would anyone pay a large loan fee for Lisbie? I hope not!

Why would the younger generation of Millwall, of which I'm one, find you more of a rival? We've played the vermin more often than Charlton over the past decade and the only rivalry between us is more of a friendly one. Well, it is from our view.
  • You would've done. They don't give a player of value away for free.....

Just from what I've said above. When I say younger I mean under 21.....

Or do you also wear white reeboks, polo shirt up turned and a flat cap? :-O

On topic, Lisbie fits in well with what you've got down there. He'd be our main striker and I don't think he handles that pressure well. Working off Morison he'd do well.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

a) Ex-Charlton? Nobody at Millwall really cares about that. If he was vermin yes, but we've even had a few of them in the past. As for being astounded that he's ex-Charlton? Laughable.
    c) Have we? Morison yes, Harris is in his 30's, will pick up knocks etc, Alexander was out most of last season and untested at this level, Grimes is young & raw and don't think Jackett has much faith in him, Batt is out injured long term....so er, not enough strikers in my book.
    d) He got loads of abuse at Colchester last year and he gave a bit back, fair play to him, can't see anybody holding that against him as soon as he pulls on that shirt.

They weren't astounded he's signed for you purely because he used to play for us. But for a combination of all those reasons. And i think you'll find quite a few Millwall fans do care about Charlton as last season proved. We won't deny West Ham are a much bigger rival to you, but lets not pretend some of your lot don't care about us.
    The general opinion was that surely Millwall could've attracted a better striker, but they had to trust Jackett's opinion.
  • Lisbie's loan to the Spanners.....couldn't happen to a better team...!
  • Wouldn't say i'm astounded. More like bemused. I'm don't actually sure we need him for a season. Shaun Batt is likely to be out until the end of August, and unless Lisbie brings some sort of Messi-like fire power, i'd imagine Batt will be back in the moment he's fit. Three month loan, fair enough. But a season? It only disappoints me slightly that last week we were talking about Jay Simpson, and have ended up with Kevin Lisbie.

He seems to divide opinion with the Charlton fans I know. Some thought he was good player, some thought he was a toilet. Doesn't bother me that he used to play for you lot. He's got his work cut out to win over our crowd. Not because he played for you lot, but because some people appear to think that we can get better players than Kevin Lisbie. Still, in Kenny we trust.

Just like Izale, i'll give him one half!
  • He's much better than McLeod.

Lisbie should be useful for you. Can create chances for himself, something we could do with in a striker. Problem was at Prem level, where he mainly played for us, he couldn't finish them.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

They weren't astounded he's signed for you purely because he used to play for us. But for a combination of all those reasons. And i think you'll find quite a few Millwall fans do care about Charlton as last season proved. We won't deny West Ham are a much bigger rival to you, but lets not pretend some of your lot don't care about us.
    The general opinion was that surely Millwall could've attracted a better striker, but they had to trust Jackett's opinion.

Oh we care about you, like we care about a little brother, bit of mickey taking and ruffling of the hair but at the end of the day we don't mind you too much.....and we don't care enough for an ex-Charlton player to bother us like Kenny Brown, Billy Bonds and Tony Cottee have in the past.

Would've also hoped for better than Lisbie, can't disagree with you on that one, always seemed a player of potential who never got anywhere near realising it!
  • LOL!

Spanners not happy about if you look at millwallonline...

He would have done a good job for us in League One but don't think he'll cut the mustard in the Championship