Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle

Comments

• Options
    They might as well sign big in January. Relegation will cost them players not wanting to stay and players not wanting to come. If they sign the right 6 or 7 players in January they’ll stay up. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Realistically who exactly are they going to sign? I’ve seen players linked - one was Coutinho, whilst wages wouldn’t be a problem, is he really the sort of player you want in a relegation battle? The other was Tarkowski - not the worst player in the world but they will end up paying well over the odds and getting tied to a player on inflated wages. 

Mind you, Eddie Howe loves signing players where  mhe pays well over the odds. Could be a match made in heaven. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    B..b..but Steve Bruce was the problem!
    He was. Eddie Howe still has Steve Bruce's team, he can't sign anyone yet.

Bruce 3 points in 8 games
    Howe 4 points in 4 games
    We'll see where they are come the end of the season. I think Bruce got a lot of unfair and wildly OTT criticism.
    Look at how bad they've been this season, hopeless team, reports of players unfit, Bruce giving the squad too many days off, slack approach to training, poor tactics. Any criticism is fully justified. Ask any Newcastle fan what they think of Steve Bruce and you will almost certainly be told the same.
  • Options
    Went to hospital today for a chest x-ray .. chatting after to the very attractive radiographer about the F1 fiasco/fix .. she added 'and to cap it all my team is Newcastle' .. I offered my sincere condolences 
  • Options
    Wouldn’t it be funny if they didn’t even spend in the transfer window 😆
  • Options
    Richest club in the world playing Luton, Preston etc next season, shame.
  • Options
    Hearing that they're after Connor Gallagher in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Addickted said:
    No, Chelsea will send him on loan to them next season for a promotion push
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Be the smartest bit of business that Newcastle could do

They could build a dynasty on the pitch around him

Could be what Kompany was to Man City - Not quite in the World Class category when he signs, but by the time he leaves be amongst the World Class names in the dressing room, if they're able to get them of course.
  • Options
    Dele Alli has been made available for loan. I bet Newcastle make a move for him.
  • Options
    Dele Alli what's happened to him, he'll be playing championship football soon 
  • Options
    Dele Alli what's happened to him, he'll be playing championship football soon 

Wouldn't surprise me if he went down the same route as David Bentley and retired early. Must have easily enough money to do so if he wanted.
  • Options
    He's still got 2.5 years left on his 100k a week Spurs contract!
  • Options
    Can't see them getting anyone that decent in January given they are very likely going down.
  • Options
    Dele Alli has been made available for loan. I bet Newcastle make a move for him.
    too disruptive and has always been overrated .. I doubt Howe would want him anywhere near St James's
  • Options

Newcastle United will be allowed sponsorship deals with Saudi Arabian companies as long as the Premier League considers them "fair market value".

On Tuesday Premier League shareholders removed the temporary block put on the club since its controversial takeover.

Clubs have been uneasy over the takeover, which prompted Premier League chairman Gary Hoffman to decide to step down at the end of January 2022.

The Premier League board will decide what is "fair market value".

• Options
    too disruptive and has always been overrated .. I doubt Howe would want him anywhere near St James's
    according to the BBC 'rumours' column, Howe IS interested in Alli .. what t f is he thinking ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    according to the BBC 'rumours' column, Howe IS interested in Alli .. what t f is he thinking ?
    Another player that you wouldn’t want anywhere near a relegation battle. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Who can we actually get?
    Who might be decent in the Championship next year?

Wouldn't be my choice personally, they should be going for players with potential to get better not ones seemingly on the way down.  The type of signings that annoyingly Palace have been making recently, Eze, Olise, Guehi, Gallagher all fot into it.
  • Options

Newcastle United will be allowed sponsorship deals with Saudi Arabian companies as long as the Premier League considers them "fair market value".

On Tuesday Premier League shareholders removed the temporary block put on the club since its controversial takeover.

Clubs have been uneasy over the takeover, which prompted Premier League chairman Gary Hoffman to decide to step down at the end of January 2022.

The Premier League board will decide what is "fair market value".

This is an interesting one. So what is "fair market value"? So are they say Man Utd get x amount and are more attractive to sponsorship than Newcastle, so Newcastle can only have x amount? Surely that can't be right? Obviously Newcastle could just say they've agreed a "groundbreaking sponsorship deal" (remember that one?) And its worth £100m a season to fiddle FFP, but that's exactly what Man City did with their sponsorship of the team/stadium. I'm all against sportswashing, but you can't have one rule for one and another rule for Newcastle. I suppose it will be an EFL issue next season anyway tbf, but this screams the top 6 crying tha someone might gatecrash their little party.
  • Options
    Have agreed a fee with Atletico Madrid for Kieran Trippier. 
  • Options
    Have agreed a fee with Atletico Madrid for Kieran Trippier. 
    And so it begins.......
  • Options
    Gonna be the most costly championship team in history in August 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Wilson's out for 2 months I think.

They'll buy another striker this month. 
  • Options
    Gonna be the most costly championship team in history in August 
    They'll be ok, it's not as if Burnley, Watford and Norwich are on fire.

Burnley 1 win all season
    Watford no clean sheets all season
    Norwich 8 goals all season

Newcastle don't really have to improve much over those 3 to stay up. Trippier plus another 3-4 decent level signings to add to Wilson and Saint-Maximin should be good enough.
    Sensible to go for staying up rather than risk relegation and the lottery of getting back up if you have money to burn.

Gallagher would be a fantastic step forward in not just staying up but pushing on next season. 
    Would not rule out the likes of Andy Carol, Wiltshire or similar rocking up to help them stay up.

• Options
    I’d love it if they threw a ton of money prising Gallagher away from Palace. I just can’t see him going up north - from what I heard, he didn’t enjoy being far from home.