Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle

Comments

• Options
    Eddie Howe is set to miss his first game in charge after testing positive for COVID
    At least that's the "official" story.

Maybe he went to the Saudi embassy to sort out some paperwork and hasn't been seen since?
  • Options
    He was saying he wanted a positive result against Brentford.

Not quite the positive result he expected though.
  • Options
    No wins in their opening 13 games. I love that. 
  • Options
    Poor old Eddie. 
  • Options
    Eddie is a one team manager. Reckon apart from Bournemouth he won't be successful anywhere.
  • Options

Premier League teams with no wins after 13+ games

Team (season)

Games without a win at start

Points from those games

Final position

Newcastle (2021-22)

-

Sheffield Utd (2020-21)

20th

QPR (2013-14)

20th

Norwich (2004-05)

19th

Derby (2000-01)

17th

Swindon (1993-94)

22nd

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Amanda Staveley has the eyes of a serial killer

A face sculpted by too much Botox.
  • Options
    At what point do the Saudi's start to panic about actually staying in the premier league this season?

Just 4 points from 10 games, with another 10 games before the January window opens.

Brighton away
    Brentford home
    Arsenal away
    Norwich home
    Burnley home
    Leicester away
    Liverpool away
    Man City home
    Man Utd home
    Everton away

Need to get as many points as they can from the Brentford/Norwich/Burnley home games or they'll be in big trouble and even with 150 million to spend they'll struggle to sign anyone decent. 
    Huge week for newcastle that could define their season.

Given the games coming up after in December, they really need to get a minimum of 4 points from Norwich and Burnley this week to give themselves a chance of survival once their January signings arrive.
  • Options
    Half tempted to take their game in next Saturday against Burnley only 37quid for a ticket
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Half tempted to take their game in next Saturday against Burnley only 37quid for a ticket
    Can't see it being free flowing entertainment though.
  • Options
    Just asked Skybet for odds on them not to win a game this season.  Unlikely, but stranger things have happened and surely worth a fiver
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Just asked Skybet for odds on them not to win a game this season.  Unlikely, but stranger things have happened and surely worth a fiver
    What price are you looking for? ;-)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    cabbles said:
    Haha - is it on bet365?  I’m definitely putting it on.  
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    bobmunro said:
    cabbles said:
    No it isn't but I'd be happy to lay that bet!

Newcastle will not go a season without a win, pretty sure of that.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    cabbles said:
    bobmunro said:
    cabbles said:
    No it isn't but I'd be happy to lay that bet!

Newcastle will not go a season without a win, pretty sure of that.
    You never know Bob….
  • Options
    Pretty sure there will be a few footballing mercenaries who'll be happy to accept a big pay day to play for a bottom of the table team come January. Add in a relegation release clause for them too! Would love to see them get relegated
  • Options
    Was chatting to my brother the other night and he made a very good point. They will struggle to get player in January who really give a shit. They will be short term deals and loans at high cost. They are also asking current players, Shelvey, Lacelles, Joelinton (lol) etc. to bust a gut to keep them up, but these players know they'll be dinged out as soon as poss for more glamorous signings. Would you give a monkeys in that situation? It's a perfect storm really. Howe looked lost on the sidelines the other day. I think he's out of his depth tbh, but then again he'll be due a massive payday when they sack him at the end of the season too - regardless of whether he keeps them up! I would love to see them relegated tbh.
  • Options
    hope they go down, Saudis change their minds, and they have a Tyne-Wear derby in league one the year after
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eddie is a one team manager. Reckon apart from Bournemouth he won't be successful anywhere.

Eddie Howe left Bournemouth for Burnley on that journey before returning to Poole harbour from the misty dark dank moors of Burnley and again was successful with the Cherries.
    He then said he would prefer to stay in the south but made the mistake of buying Dale Stephens Satnav. Not only has Eddie caught Covid in his first week but he also has a bad side, plus Howe had to hire a translator for his meeting with the Whitley bay Geordies, I fear he may be out of toon with his Saudi Arabian owners who want to go places.

Favourite destination is the Championship and a match with Middlesbrough the team from down south in the industrial wastelands by the River Tees; smoggies to the canny lads and bonnie lasses of Newcastle.
  • Options
    January will be a very tough window for them to do any decent business in.  They should target the likes of Aribo who for a massive payday would stomach a year in the Championship and then grow with them but they will chase the bigger names and end up with mercenaries.  
  • Options
    January will be a very tough window for them to do any decent business in.  They should target the likes of Aribo who for a massive payday would stomach a year in the Championship and then grow with them but they will chase the bigger names and end up with mercenaries.  
    They’ll pay over the odds getting players similar to Arnautovic or players that went to China or along those lines.  Ross Barkley maybe.  Be a bit like when Liverpool conned Bournemouth into spending £20m + on Solanke and Ibe a few years back 
  • Options
    What's Joe ever done to you to wish that upon him?
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    They’ll pay over the odds getting players similar to Arnautovic or players that went to China or along those lines.  Ross Barkley maybe.  Be a bit like when Liverpool conned Bournemouth into spending £20m + on Solanke and Ibe a few years back 
    I think they're more likely to go down the route of loan signings with a view to a permanent deal if they stay up. Not many (if any) top class players are going to go there with the threat of the championship hanging over them. A relegation release clause would solve the problem but are they going to pay big money for a player to then potentially lose him for less money in 6 months time?  Loan moves would solve issues on both sides. 
  • Options
    How long do we reckon before Eddie gets called into the Embassy?
  • Options
    Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd their next 3
  • Options
    B..b..but Steve Bruce was the problem!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    B..b..but Steve Bruce was the problem!
    He was. Eddie Howe still has Steve Bruce's team, he can't sign anyone yet.

Bruce 3 points in 8 games
    Howe 4 points in 4 games
  • Options
    I like Newcastle as a club but I would find it pretty funny if they got relegated. Imagine being the richest club in the world and being in the Championship lol