Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life's 2008 Demelza Appeal - Greenwich half-marathon run

Comments

• edited March 2008
    I see that from the list of charities on the website, Demelza isnt one but lots of very worthy causes have to say.
  • I am now preparing for my half marathon walk in May. I walked home from work yesterday in 55 minutes.
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I'm up for QPR away Sash ;-)

I'd be up for that too!

:-))
  • Erm ... shocking confession time, but I never learnt to ride a bike as a kid. Can we drive instead???
  • [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Erm ... shocking confession time, but I never learnt to ride a bike as a kid. Can we drive instead???

You can drive- but trust me- can you park?
  • I think so .....
  • I'm ok with biking, running or walking, just as long as we don't have to swim anywhere - I can't swim.
  • Has anyone had confirmation yet? i have had £30 taken out of my account by a company in Melbourne but no confirmation?????????????????
  • same here GHE
  • I just had the E-mail when I registered as well.

How's the training coming guys ? Went on my fourth 5 Miler in seven days last night hoping to get that up to 7 Miles by end of next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah same here - i think they have bodged up by not allowing Switch users to pay on their cards as well

Well done and thank you to everyone who has signed up. In the next couple of months we'll get some post race entertainment/treatment sorted - as well as getting some training plans posted up for all those who need it.
  • Training is slow for me untill the sunday season ends. getting in a couple of 20-25 minute runs each week though
  • Training going very well, can get a steak slice down in about 2mins now....
  • I'm currently in the Stu training camp.

Need to get myself some proper shoes, then get out on the road in April
  • "Training is slow for me untill the sunday season ends. getting in a couple of 20-25 minute runs each week though"

Training is slow for you because you're doing it with me!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"Training is slow for me untill the sunday season ends. getting in a couple of 20-25 minute runs each week though"

Training is slow for you because you're doing it with me!![/quote]

LOL, its those little legs of yours matey
  • Wish you lot would learn how to whisper!
  • jeez, can neither of you two numpties whisper ????????? :-)
  • Russ, i'm sorry to hear that mate. Hope the cream does the trick otherwise it could mean the cocktail umbrella up your old boy.

speak soon
    Smudge
  • Sponsored links:

• i've read that if your lucky they can sometimes freeze them off
  • LOL (funny feckers!)

To be honest, it's not a huge secret but I haven't even told my parents yet!
  • I wouldnt want to be telling my parents that I've got an STD mate...

;-)
  • not started road running yet.
    did a spin class last night which made me feel sick. has anyone done that? what a lung burner.
    done an hours in the gym at lunch today and i now feel even sicker. body gone into melt down, headache, wobbly the lot.... im worried i might not even make it to the pub tonight.
  • "did a spin class last night which made me feel sick. has anyone done that? what a lung burner."

The trick with spin classes is to sit near (not at) the back. You can take a sneaky few seconds break when you need it. Naturally, the instructor can see people at the front and tend to keep an eye on the people at the back (where the slackers usually are)
  • I was at the back but the class was empty so he could see me. The girls next to me came out dry... me thinks they were peddling at the lowest tension. dont see the point in that. but it is a killer.
  • yeah started training last week........

yeah righto, me training, running, for charity, your avin a laff is eee avin a laff!! ;-)
  • Don't know about anyone else but i am finding it hard to get motivated (lazy barsteward) thought it would be a good idea if we could get as many people as possible to meet up on a sat or sun morning late may early june somewhere like charlton park where we could do laps. we could bring along drinks and cool boxes etc and if people need a break they would still be in the same area and could join in again when they want.
    anyone up for it?
  • I agree GHE - a few of us are planning to walk the route in the Summer and my training will start in earnest post holiday.

More than happy to have "running club" though and will help to organise if necessary.

Kigelia should be posting the training programmes soon as well which may give structure andtherefore motivation to people.

Cheers