Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life's 2008 Demelza Appeal - Greenwich half-marathon run

Comments

• Options
    That must be a reocrd amount of soilage surely?
  • Options
    I have entered!!! not sure why, bit of arm twisting going on.
    I ran for the bus today, does that count as the start of my training?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Christ, some of those plimsols are nearly 100 quid, still at least I`ll look smart when their sticking out the bottom of a body bag ;(

They're not all that price! Think mine were £55...
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'd really like to do this and get involved but would feel a right nugget if I didn't complete it.

Problem being a destroyed left knee, I'll do a bit of treadmill stuff this week and see how I go on a short road run but after the charity game in May I had grief for about 2 weeks with it.

I don't want to put my name down and pull out but I will honestly put a bit of training in and see how it feels. If Medders the fat knacker is willing to try then I have to at least try and keep face!!

You f'king lamb Dicko! Quit the excuses and just get on with it. I seem to remember your knee was fine for launching into two footed, studs up, tackles....
  • Options
    Well done Glass and Milaphile, our numbers are slowly growing.

WSS
    AFKA
    Curb It
    TCE
    Latimer
    Medders
    Ketman
    suzisausage
    kigelia
    Tavern
    Dave Mehmet
    Stu of SE7
    JohnboyUK
    StanmoreAddick
    Dave Storry
    BDL
    3blokes
    carlsberg
    iansarge
    thai malaysia addick
    Milaphile
    Glass Half Empty
  • Options
    Pretty sure Glenn has already posted this but Numbers are Extremely limited according to a couple of people who have registered via their running clubs, if you have not already Registered & PAID the £30 entrance fee I suggest you do so soon, as this is expected to be fully booked out shortly.
  • Options
    I'll let you lot crack on with this without me then. I'll sponsor someone to kick Medders over though.

And that was not a bad tackle you fruit! You jumped out of the way anyway!!
  • Options
    Just registered, so no going back now !!

As Kets said, if you haven't yet, worth doing soon.
  • Options
    Paid up yesterday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'll let you lot crack on with this without me then. I'll sponsor someone to kick Medders over though.

why don't you enter then if you can't do it, its £30 to charity......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'll let you lot crack on with this without me then. I'll sponsor someone to kick Medders over though.

Just pay the £30 and come kick me over yourself...
  • Options
    i dont think the 30 quid entry fee goes to charity?
  • Options
    It doesn't, so don't be fooled for that one.
  • Options
    I'm cleverer than they will have you believe smudge!

I'll do something to contribute no dramas
  • Options
    You could sponsor me Dicko... say a tenner per half mile... wont cost you more than a fiver
  • Options
    I'll think of something, I would keep my money in pocket eh mate!!
  • Options
    Runners Need, Canary Wharf, are doing an injury clinic on the 13th of Feb from 5pm til 8pm... during which time it's 15% off shoes and clothing

http://www.runnersneed.co.uk/injuryclinic.aspx
  • Options
    Thought we could use this thread to see how everyone's training is going, what do you mean you haven't started yet ?

I have been injured for Ten weeks now, but started the slow route to recovery this week. I have been out on three Four Mile runs this week (Two of which in thick Fog) with another planned tonight, cannot believe how unfit I have become in those ten weeks.

Anyone else been pounding the streets? (Jumping up & down on a bit of rubber in a gym is not running by the way)
  • Options
    Nothing at all, am hoping to get started soon
  • Options
    I went out for a run on Sunday night, had to stop after about 700yds, and then after a couple of minutes did about the same distance.

I have grave concerns about all this, as i'm probably coming from the lowest fitness base and have serious worries about my knee holding out, but we will see how it goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did a mile at the end of last week and my lower legs have been giving me grief ever since. Easing up now though so will prob head out tomorrow for the same again..
  • Options
    Done nothing yet, going to start at beginning of March and really go for it i think. Already booked the Monday and Tuesday off work after it so i sit in a bath for 48 hours!
  • Options
    im worried too.

im gyming it 5 times a week at the moment to get my fitness up then will start road running. just back from a swim in fact.
    But I ran on a treadmill for 30 mins last week i put it on gradient 2 to try and make it a little harder... and only managed 4ks !! 13 miles seems a long way.

I walked 12 miles easy the other sunday in less than 2 hours... so walking might be an option.
  • Options
    12 miles walking in 2 hours is good going B!
  • Options
    I currently play footie twice a week and have arranged to go running with Glass Half Empty every week (although still haven't arranged a start date yet!)
  • Options
    Playing squash for 40 mins 3 times a week.........won't help do 13 mile but prefer that to running in the cold or on a tredamill.

Plenty of time yet, waiting 'til it warms up.

How about 2 Miles on Blackpool Beach on Sunday morning 24th Feb anyone ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]have arranged to go running with Glass Half Empty every week (although still haven't arranged a start date yet!)

i may have some of that from next month, knowing there is a good liklihood that you two will end up in the pub !
  • Options
    Pub, pub?!! I'm shocked and offended at such a suggestion sir!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]
    How about 2 Miles on Blackpool Beach on Sunday morning 24th Feb anyone ??

yeah alright! we're all in the brooklyn hotel by north shore. see you there 8am.
  • Options
    Well I'm just getting started. Have done 3 runs this week of 3-4 miles and the course I took is considerably hilly so pleasing that I done all 3 without stopping once.

Will post the routes up for those of you gravesend based to take a look.

Just bought some new Brookes running trainers from the Marathon Store at Covent Garden today so off to try them out shortly so can recover in front of the Spurs game on the box tonight.