Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life's 2008 Demelza Appeal - Greenwich half-marathon run

Comments

• Options
    I'm doing London to Brighton in June (hope you'll sponsor me), doubt my legs will recover, and I hate running!
  • Options
    Count me in, need to lose the belly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'm doing London to Brighton in June (hope you'll sponsor me), doubt my legs will recover, and I hate running!

I hate running too!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'm doing London to Brighton in June (hope you'll sponsor me), doubt my legs will recover, and I hate running!

I hate running too!

so do i!! i detest it.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I`m in!!!! got a bit concerned when I got to the bit the form that asked for my expiry date, it wouldn`t accept HALF WAY UP BUGSBYS WAY :0. now wheres that Charriots of Fire dvd and me plimsols.
  • Options
    Count me out as I'm a fat overweight git -BUT - I did mention this to AFKA before Christmas, but didn't want to do anything as the time wasn't right - If anyone's up for a CL quiz night, I'm happy to run it/organise it. Sure we could get one of the lounges down at th ground on a Friday night.

Anyone up for it?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Count me out as I'm a fat overweight git -BUT - I did mention this to AFKA before Christmas, but didn't want to do anything as the time wasn't right - If anyone's up for a CL quiz night, I'm happy to run it/organise it. Sure we could get one of the lounges down at th ground on a Friday night.

Anyone up for it?[/quote]

I have an ambulance booked to standby in sainsburys carpark, its a two bed, two defibulator model so if you care to share BDL get your name down quick, as for the quiz night Im currantly not fit enough to take part at the moment! my annual get fitter campaign starts monday, are my fitness guru`s Suzi and Curb-it available, whats the best way to start? a couple of hundred yards or a full on ten miles followed by a near death experience, advice needed.
  • Options
    half marathon is 1.3 miles isn't it? maths was never my strong point :)
  • Options
    WSS
    AFKA
    Curb It
    TCE
    Latimer
    Medders
    Ketman
    suzisausage
    kigelia
    Tavern
    Dave Mehmet
    Stu of SE7
    JohnboyUK
    StanmoreAddick
    Dave Storry
    BDL
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]count me in and if you want any advice on training then just ask me with me unused degree in Sports Science. For those of you lazy at heart I have a workable schedule that only requires running three times a week (plus a couple of cross training - bike/swim etc sessions). Easy to fit in around full time work.

If you could do something for me it would be a help, my offical start weight to declared at the weigh in at 1800hrs monday, 50 years old, fitness level appaling, have a crosstrainer, please try to incorporate a couple of beers and the odd takeaway ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Put me down for the sponsorship please.
  • Options
    I will do some digging around on training programmes in the week. I will also speak to the shop were I get my trainers (as properly fitted ones are recommended) and see if they can do us a discount if a number of you need some new shoes for running in.
  • Options
    Add me to that list.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    im up for it! put me down for this.

the site wont let me pay at the moment tho spmething to do with not taking switch payments. will have to wait unless someone pays mine and i give them the dosh?
  • Options
    WSS
    AFKA
    Curb It
    TCE
    Latimer
    Medders
    Ketman
    suzisausage
    kigelia
    Tavern
    Dave Mehmet
    Stu of SE7
    JohnboyUK
    StanmoreAddick
    Dave Storry
    BDL
    3blokes
    carlsberg
  • Options
    Big thanks to everyone who has pledged their support as well as those who have whispered me regarding t-shirts, training schedules, after race entertainment etc.

I will wait until the end of the week after everyone has been paid to allow for as many people as possible to sign up (obviously there will not be a cut off date!) and then get the justgiving site set up as and when.

Once again, thank you everybody and more details are to follow in the coming weeks once i've had a chance to email and call a few people.
  • Options
    Gave this a big plug on Charlton plus last night. Anything else I can do to help awareness let me know. Well done to everyone who is taking part. Good Luck

BC
  • Options
    The heart is willing but the knees would not last for more than 200 yards.
  • Options
    What fun... - I'm in !
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2008
    For those who want to look at training, there is a link on the website. Looks like you need to download something so may only be able to do it at home:

http://www.trainsmart.com/runtothebeat

Also looks like it costs £20!!! We'll stick with kigelia I think!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS
    AFKA
    Curb It
    TCE
    Latimer
    Medders
    Ketman
    suzisausage
    kigelia
    Tavern
    Dave Mehmet
    Stu of SE7
    JohnboyUK
    StanmoreAddick
    Dave Storry
    BDL
    3blokes
    carlsberg
    iansarge
  • Options
    Do we just go ahead and sign up on the RunToTheBeat website then?
  • Options
    yes, no one is in until they have registered
  • Options
    just had my entry confirmed.
  • Options
    Have just done it now, pretty straightforward.

Struggled with the question 'how long do you think it'll take you to finish'... two days wasnt listed as an option...
  • Options
    "Struggled with the question 'how long do you think it'll take you to finish'... two days wasnt listed as an option..."

LOL, that's what i thought!!
  • Options
    I have just signed up & Paid so no getting out of it for me.
  • Options
    Struggled with the question 'how long do you think it'll take you to finish'... two days wasnt listed as an option...

That's way too fast for you medders.
  • Options
    Well all be so fit by Oct 5th, we can carry on training and enter the Full London Marathon
    in the following April.
  • Options
    As luck would have it, I am in England for that one - also it's the day before my birthday, so no excuses. I will be there!