Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

night clubs in south london

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Remember the Venue when it was the Harp club.
  • Options
    Zen’s on a Thursday after finishing my shift at the Broadway

Stars on a Friday

T’s on a Saturday with Pat Sharp! Waiting for the erection section if you hadn’t already pulled! 

Also went to Bridewells, Sinatras, the Blue Orchid, DeJa Vu and then the Venue most nights as I got older.

Occasionally over the water to Hollywoods in Romford, or Faces in Ilford! 
    Bloody hell, I could’ve written that!
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Goochies in Falconwood and Lautrecs in Beckenham are on my list in addition to T's and Flick's 
    Used to love Laurtrecs back in the 80's.

Used to frequent all of the pubs mentioned in the Old Kent Road. There was also a good crawl around the backstreets including the Victoria (Pages Walk), Red Cow, Gillys and Southside (Tower Bridge Road).

Really wish I was 40 years younger and do it all again 😔
    My missus Grandad owned the Red Cow and another pub that I can’t remember the name of round that way. The stories her mum tells of growing up living in the pub are brilliant. 
    That was another cracking disco pub 👍
    I remember a stat that at one point there were 21 'disco pubs' in and around the OKR. Never quite managed them all in one night 😅. 

I used to go to the boxing gym above Thomas a Beckett as a kid to watch my cousin train. He was in the same boxing stable as Henry Cooper.
  • Options
    First started going to Flicks & T’s at such a young age that by the time we all got sent free tickets for our 18 birthdays those behind the bars were mortified 🤣🤣🤣
    Then by the time I left school and started working up town I thought I was far too grown up for any of the clubs in south London. Used to go to the 999 dos that were all over town and then my favourite became the Camden Palaise. Used to go to local pubs to watch gigs midweek and then pile in until 4am. Mate lived a bus ride away and then we’d all get up for work after a couple hours kip.
    Happy days.
  • Options
    For the more discerning older gents:

Cats Whiskers Streatham (mid to early 1970s) - Couldn't go wrong on a Friday night!
    Sinartres Croyden - Another great place to pull on a Friday night! Late 1970's

Those were the days!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Local
    Fat Sams, Zens, Amadeus, De Ja Vu, Venue, Ikon, Strawberry Moons

Out of town
    Bridge Bar, Atalantis, Blue Orchid, Caesars

Out til the next morning
    Stratford Rex, Bagleys, SE1, Astoria

Rinse and repeat Thursday to Tuesday, 99-2004.

Few of the out til next morning names on here if you liked your jungle.

• Options
    Stars in Greenwich was the bollocks. Gin Palace OKR as well. Up town I loved The Buzz Bar, Legends, and Club Koo. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Remember the Venue when it was the Harp club.
    Never been in there, clubs, other than the golf version have never been my thing.
    I have been in to The Marquis of Granby opposite a lot though.
  • Options
    Minsters, Minories  City wine and ale house (I think it was called )  in the city were action on a Friday night , even for a twat like me .
  • Options
    We used to have our Christmas dos at Southwark in the Ministry. Great fun.
    And I knew pretty much every landlord in Southwark then as I was responsible for their extensions. Early 90’s. Brilliant. It was when we were at The Boleyn & they all knew I was Charlton. They were all genuinely happy that we were going home. Take me back. Best time of my life those days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Hollywoods sarfend ! good laugh that and TOTS of course plus the circus tavern

Anyone ever go the hilltop in westkingsdown ?

was in tots last night, is now called talk was doctors and nurses night class. but at 1.50 a pint you cant moan but am feeling it today.
    Went to TOTS years ago....slept in the car outside.
    Liked The Hill Top back in the day, friendly place good soul and Reggae music.
    Hilltop was popular for me, as don’t live that far from it, in fact sometimes we would walk it back over north downs back into our village. It’s still there but no club any more.
    What village Pete?
    Hi  @Has@HastingsRed , you originally from Sevenoaks area?
    No mate Greenhithe.
  • Options
    Stars in Greenwich was the bollocks. Gin Palace OKR as well. Up town I loved The Buzz Bar, Legends, and Club Koo. 
    Buzz Bar and Roadhouse were pretty good been more recently to a place called Strawberry Moon....just off Regent St.
  • Options
    Minsters, Minories  City wine and ale house (I think it was called )  in the city were action on a Friday night , even for a twat like me .
    They were all great. Same drill with all of them - go in straight after work , get hammered, close around 11 and you could still get the train home!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, we could do a whole new thread on Friday nights in The City after work. 

Always preferred Minsters to Minories (once saw someone take a shit between two fruit machines in Minories). 

Was it Charlies that went on until two ? 

• Options
    yep Charlie’s 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
  • Options
    And I knew pretty much every landlord in Southwark then as I was responsible for their extensions. Early 90’s. Brilliant. It was when we were at The Boleyn & they all knew I was Charlton. They were all genuinely happy that we were going home. Take me back. Best time of my life those 
    Was dragged up around the Elephant and Waterloo (I know I should have supported Millwall but saw the light at a very early age 😉). The Prince of Wales in Georges Road , the Elephant and Castle pub and Charlie Chaplin was where we used to kick off the nights before venturing up the OKR. 
  • Options
    And I knew pretty much every landlord in Southwark then as I was responsible for their extensions. Early 90’s. Brilliant. It was when we were at The Boleyn & they all knew I was Charlton. They were all genuinely happy that we were going home. Take me back. Best time of my life those 
    Was dragged up around the Elephant and Waterloo (I know I should have supported Millwall but saw the light at a very early age 😉). The Prince of Wales in Georges Road , the Elephant and Castle pub and Charlie Chaplin was where we used to kick off the nights before venturing up the OKR. 
    Wife's first ever job (apart from Saturday jobs) was at the Nat-West at The Elephant so know those pubs well....also Pizzarella Castarella and the Indonesian place calelled Mutiara. Nice little pub around there called Hand in Hand.
  • Options
    Wife's first ever job (apart from Saturday jobs) was at the Nat-West at The Elephant so know those pubs well....also Pizzarella Castarella and the Indonesian place calelled Mutiara. Nice little pub around there called Hand in Hand.
    Ooooh Casterella…..loved it there mmmm.
  • Options
    Just remembered Twilights Sydenham in the 80's
    £20 all in drink as much as you could, anyone on here been there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, back in the day had some cracking 
    nights there . One bad night ended up in
    Catford Nick !! 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Yep, back in the day had some cracking 
    nights there . One bad night ended up in
    Catford Nick !! 
    Catford nick use to have its Xmas do in there!
  • Options
    was more of a pub and gig man myself.

The one on lower marsh street and another on great suffolk street were large and a bit arty, nice looking inside but couldn't stand the people in their. 

Black Sheep bar - Croydon was actually for Croydon a bit of a laugh. They had alternative type music and some live stuff as well. The dirty south in Lewisham used to be similar as was a couple of Brixton clubs/pubs.

Brixton Jamm being one. Remember standing outside there in the early hours. An old woman who looked like a ghost kept putting her hand through the railings asking for money whilst the wind howled down the empty street of Brixton road taking with it bits of used takeaway wrappers. haunting place at that time in the morning.