Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

night clubs in south london

Comments

• Went to the Wag Club once....awful place..
  • "Anyone ever go to that dodgy bar on the old kent road near to where Toys r us is now?
    Used to get in there at 3/4 am and was probably the scariest place on earth with every south london villain drinking in there and normally carrying a gun or a knife!!"

i used to drink in a late night drinking club up there but cant remember the name. further up i think... used to have to go up the stairs to it... full of south london bank robbers... me mate was dating one of them until he turned up on crimewatch and her mum wouldnt let her. the name of the bar will come to me eventually!

Liked going to samsons too.
    Used to rave at the Tunnel Club as well. they were mental.

so many memories.... and lots of blurred ones.
  • [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Went to the Wag Club once....awful place..

Was just about to say never much of a clubber but whet to Whiskey a-go go as it was then plus Global Village/Heaven a few times but not south London. What's wrong with a pint of mild and a game of cribbage?
  • Upstairs at the Gun pit (Ordinance arms,Woolwich) - real kool for kats
  • edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By; Curb it[/cite]I used to drink in a late night drinking club up there but cant remember the name. further up i think... used to have to go up the stairs to it... full of south london bank robbers... me mate was dating one of them until he turned up on crimewatch and her mum wouldnt let her. the name of the bar will come to me eventually!

The Connoisseur, with a balcony allowing a view up and down the OKR
  • In the place in Old Kent Road Gin or Gym Palace? Thats place was shocking! Did anyone use to go Bon Bonnies?
  • it's just come to me - Scribbles!!!!
  • edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite] The Connoisseur, with a balcony allowing a view up and down the OKR

Cheers Potts!!! me and a my mate been racking our brains was annoying us!!
  • One I missed off from earlier...

The Welcome Inn on a Sunday night.

If Goonerhater were on this site he'd be in his element now.
  • Used to go Venue quite a lot and still do occasionally when im back, it gets a lot of stick but its a good laugh if you're with a decent crowd and have had plenty to drink before you go in.Used to love the long walk back home to Lee via Blackheath tea hut at 3 in the morning aswell.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Was just about to say never much of a clubber but whet to Whiskey a-go go as it was then plus Global Village/Heaven a few times but not south London.

Just got a picture in my mind of Henry Irving in Heaven sporting a handlebar tash, in a string vest and a hanky hanging out the back of his leather strides - those ones with the arse cheeks cut away.

Have just been physically sick!
  • Tavern you dissapoint me about T's, you know we would have looked after you up there
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Was just about to say never much of a clubber but whet to Whiskey a-go go as it was then plus Global Village/Heaven a few times but not south London.

Just got a picture in my mind of Henry Irving in Heaven sporting a handlebar tash, in a string vest and a hanky hanging out the back of his leather strides - those ones with the arse cheeks cut away.

Have just been physically sick!

You've just been physically sick? I've just spent the last ten minutes projectile vomiting blood at the thought
  • blue orchid in croydon was a good un and what was that moody little one at the bottom of blackheath hill/deptford you'd pop into after boozing in The Albert?
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]blue orchid in croydon was a good un and what was that moody little one at the bottom of blackheath hill/deptford you'd pop into after boozing in The Albert?

Cheeks
  • ty VM , i recall it changing names and reopening a few times
  • Didn't The Albert burn down?
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Didn't The Albert burn down?
    last time i drove past a year or two ago it looked like a poncie wine bar
  • champs in my day... bit younger than you valley :-)

Was it called Cheeks until sadly a certain doorman (wont say names) got shot? or am i the wrong
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]champs in my day... bit younger than you valley :-)

that's what i remember it being called, being a youngster as well!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]champs in my day... bit younger than you valley :-)

It was definitely Cheeks in my day. Owned by Harry Starbuck, a well known bare-knuckle fighter. probably changed it's name after the murder but then that's when I stopped going down there.
  • Does anyone remember the short-lived place in Lew'sham Hight Street called "Red Eye"? Went in there once - and never again - as it was full of bwad bwoys and the air was thick with ganja. Was virtually pitch balck in there as well, so fcuk knows if it was busy or not as could barely see my feet!

Think it's a Turkish grocers now - you can see it from the train.
  • Also missing the one above Burtons in Lewisham.
  • Bottom of Blackheath Hill / Deptford = Champs / Cheeks / SE8 club.
    They're the 3 names I knew it as.
  • [cite]Posted By: Phantom User[/cite]Bottom of Blackheath Hill / Deptford = Champs / Cheeks / SE8 club.
    They're the 3 names I knew it as.

Did that become Polar Bar a few years back? Opposite the Pets at Home or watever it is?
  • Sahara club, Lewisham, above the snooker hall, anyone?
    For those over 30's singles nights - Buffet included. Class!!!

'Leave your tie on for at least 10 minutes'
  • [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]Speaking of forty's, what about the Thames Barrier Arms (now a vets)?
    Used to hold a regular function at the Delta sports ground (Ferrier estate). Used to be called the 999 do apparently. All the emergency services party. Got very friendly with a particular female after convincing her that i was a Fireman. As the night progressed felt it appropriate to tell her that i actually wasn't a Fireman at all. She then told me to F off. I set fire to the tablecloth covering the table we were sat at and wished her good luck in finding one.

lol... i dont know whether to believe half the stuff that comes out of your mouth.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]champs in my day... bit younger than you valley :-)

It was definitely Cheeks in my day. Owned by Harry Starbuck, a well known bare-knuckle fighter. probably changed it's name after the murder but then that's when I stopped going down there.

sorry i just re-read your original message re cheeks/champs. I remember that happening. I knew one of his brothers (not sure how many he had) who worked the door in the drayman back then.

god this threat has brought up some memories.. .
  • Scribbles was blinding if you like that kind of thing SE10 Addick!!! hahaha

How about for all you ravers out there the warehouse in Nathen Way................."COME ON BLOW THOSE WHISTLES"

Anyone got any glowsticks? hahaha
  • edited November 2007
    This thread is making me homesick, especially as it's a Friday night over there: anyway went to/frequented the following:

The Venue
    The Paradise Club
    Uncle bens
    De Ja Po
    Hilltop
    T's
    Jasmines
    Ceasars
    Ministry (early days)
    Laserdrome
    Club 414 - Brixton
    Other random clubs in Brixton under the church.
    Frog & Nightgown
    Camberwell Crypt
    Loads of random clubs in Vauxhall - Sunny side up/Satelite club

I could probably go on and on and now you can see why I had to leave London because this is just the tip of the iceberg. The clubs in Vancouver are rubbish luckily.