Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Media coverage

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options

Now, I hate the bloke, but Piers Morgan is co hosting 606 on Saturday. It may be an opportunity for some of us to call in and continue keeping our plight in the mainstream media.

Piers Morgan may be a bellend, but he does undoubtedly have a very large online presence and being a football fan he may help give us a voice.

Although if Piers is on, you can see the entire show being dominated by Arsenal fans.
  • Options
    The sun done alright there. I was waiting for horseshit within the piece but it didn't happen. Thought Powell would have been backed via social media though.

Interesting what he says about Luzon and what Luzon said.
  • Options
    This morning's guardian/observer.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/10/said-and-done-bayern-munich-qatar

Best insight
    Charlton chief executive Katrien Meire, opening up at an industry conference last month about “weird” fans who fail to “see themselves as customers … When I get ‘friendly’ emails from fans they say get out of ‘our’ club. Not the shareholders’ club. It’s quite funny … when they go to restaurants and the cinema and are not satisfied with the product do they scream to the people in charge of it? No they don’t, but they do it with the football club and that’s very weird. They feel this sense of ownership.”
  • Options

This morning's guardian/observer.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/10/said-and-done-bayern-munich-qatar

Best insight
    Charlton chief executive Katrien Meire, opening up at an industry conference last month about “weird” fans who fail to “see themselves as customers … When I get ‘friendly’ emails from fans they say get out of ‘our’ club. Not the shareholders’ club. It’s quite funny … when they go to restaurants and the cinema and are not satisfied with the product do they scream to the people in charge of it? No they don’t, but they do it with the football club and that’s very weird. They feel this sense of ownership.”

This clearly a lie. We know she never reads emails from fans.
  • Options
    Something in The Mirror too, apparently. So much coverage now it's hard to keep up.
  • Options

redsek said:

BBC World Football phone in weekly show is hosted by Dotun Adebayo who supports Charlton according to Wikipedia.

I'm not on twitter but could be worth giving him a shout.

Yes Dotun is a Charlton fan - has admitted as such on BBC Radio London several times. He may be sympathetic to any callers!
    Surprised at this. He once told me that he was a spurs fan with a soft spot for Charlton. Clearly changed his allegiance now.
    I've been listening to his show for years and he's always said he's a Charlton supporter, although he has an odd affinity with Spurs (he grew up round that way). I think he claims to be Charlton's first black supporter or summit'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bumped

We need to ramp this up a bit
  • Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3397685/Charlton-sack-Karel-Fraeye-just-two-months-charge-Championship-strugglers-set-appoint-Nebojsa-Vignjevic.html

Daily Mail saying hes been sacked, showing a picture which they claim is from last night but is actually last season.
  • Options
    Just been briefly mentioned on SSN, official announcement to be made in next hour.
  • Options
    Instead of going to The Valley why don't we go to Duchbags & Nightmeires hometown club St Truden for the day and protest over there. That would get a lot of media attention to our plight.
  • Options

Instead of going to The Valley why don't we go to Duchbags & Nightmeires hometown club St Truden for the day and protest over there. That would get a lot of media attention to our plight.

There is a terrible echo on this site.
  • Options
    Only caught the last few minutes. Wish I could put my feelings across as well as Rick, fantastic.

Fair play to the BBC for voicing this as well.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Only caught the last few minutes. Wish I could put my feelings across as well as Rick, fantastic.

Fair play to the BBC for voicing this as well.

Audioboom?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hungarian fella saying that this bloke will not be coming to Charlton. Interesting.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03cnky1

Mentioned with the headlines at around 7:40. Starts properly at 9:45.
  • Options
    Well done Rick
  • Options
    There speaks a man who is Charlton through and through. I know Rick has he's detractors among some lifers, but I can't think of anyone better to lead us from the front he is telling the media exactly like it is, and the great thing is they beginning to get it.
    Thanks Rick.
  • Options
    Most of us feel it but Rick certainly has the knack of getting it across
  • Options

Will the players pay for the travel costs?
  • Options
    Great stuff @airmanbrown
  • Options
    mentioned a fair few times on talksport this morning, however I must have missed previous things as they kept on referring back to Charlton as if they had discussed it earlier in the show. Only downside to the coverage is Ray Wilkins says he felt sorry for KF. Evidently the media coverage has still yet to truly show our predicament if people feel he is a victim. Keep it up guys
  • Options
    One of my heroes - Manish has tweeted