Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Media coverage

Comments

• Options

if anyone can post a link up to the recording of the interview it would be appreciated.

When the show is over, go onto the Talksport schedule on their website, click on Listen again underneath The Season Ticket today and then listen from 10pm
  • Options
    They have woken up the beast let's now step it up
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

LuckyReds said:

redman said:

IdleHans said:

Posted on match/protest thread but its now being reported in Belgium to:

http://www.footnews.be/news/2731/ces_fans_anglais_pensent_que_les_belges_ont_détruit_leur_club

Brilliant job by everyone involved.

If you scroll down this article you can vote either for Roland to get out of Charlton or out of football altogether.
    (Or just 'non', but nobody has from 14 votes so far)
    we should be voting in this. As it's a Belgium paper it may carry more weight and the more who vote the better.

97% out (both Charlton and football) from nearly 200 votes

Just came here to post that. Beautiful:

2% would have been a touch
    Now down at 2%.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    addickson said:

Ahh! That's what the 2% was about...

Well, this makes the #WeAreTheTwoPercent thing a little awkward... ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also while I'm here can someone say/explain whether I should put any copyright spiel in the description about these not being used for promotional purposes? Thanks.
  • Options
    West2003 said:

Got bored so I've put the calls up from today on Soundcloud.

Four callers on 5live and TalkSPORT:

Interview with @Airman Brown on The Season Ticket:

I'll put them up on Audioboom shortly.

@Henry Irving @Addickted2TheReds Will PM you shortly about the Soundcloud account.

Excellent,thanks for that!
  • Options
    Calls also up on Audioboom here:

https://audioboom.com/playlists/1304197
  • Options
    Another Belgian article: http://www.laprovince.be/1455899/article/2016-01-02/les-supporters-de-charlton-furieux-contre-roland-duchatelet-rendez-nous-charlton

Ultras-tifo.net have published this as news on their Facebook page. That may not sound impressive but that's another 500k people around the UK and Europe who are aware.
  • Options
    After bringing some of the great and good of Bollywood to the Valley last year (sadly underwhelmed by the whole event) I contacted them again last night with the prospect that maybe, just maybe someone would like to buy the club.

• Options
    Someone should do a hunger strike outside the main entrance. Starting a couple days before a home game. That would get some amazing coverage. I would but the smell of the onions off the burgers would kill me
  • Options

I have asked Dan Roan of the BBC to highlight our plight. I have communicated with him before and he asked me to send him an email with some background, which I have just done. See what happens.

Great, would be good to get him onside
  • Options

Thought Id share this excellent piece written by Albury Addick on his blog-:

Owning a football club

Owning a football club brings with it greater responsibility than owning a normal business asset. Charlton Athletic has been around now for 110 years. Very few conventional businesses survive for a hundred years . Most of the biggest businesses today like Google , Amazon , Facebook , Microsoft , Apple weren’t even around 20 or 30 years ago , let alone 100.

Whether you are Roman Abramovich or the Glaser family or Sheikh Mansour or indeed our not so beloved or interested Roland Duchatelet, you are only a temporary custodian of a football club , it can never be truly owned by anyone other than its supporters.

The job of the football club owner is to safeguard , nurture , repair , maintain and always at some personal cost pass it on to the next owner in as good a state as possible – it’s a bit like owning a listed building as your house . It’s nice to live in and ‘own’ , but you aren’t allowed to change it very much and all you do is plough lots of money into it to safeguard it for future generations.

The Belgian owners and katrien in particular talk about Charlton Athletic Football Club like it is a normal business , subject to the total whim of its owner and lack of transparency just because he funds it. This is of course total nonsense and shows a complete lack of understanding of the full responsibilities of owning a football club.

Brilliant statement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anything in the nationals today?
  • Options
    The match report in the Sun highlights the demonstration ahead of the football, also a pic of a banner. Can't find an online link. I would add that I subscribe to a broadsheet, but buy the cheapest tabloid to read football reports beyond the Premiership!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    On top of the previous calls, just switched on the car radio & listened in to the Charlton fan (sorry didn't get name) who called into Talksport and spoke to Stan Collymore. Only joined it halfway through but he perfectly summed up the situation. Spot on that man, keeping these various calls coming in continues to ramp up the pressure.
  • Options
    Above call with Collymore is now on SoundCloud

• Options
    Today's Evening Standard says RD isn't for selling
  • Options

That was 18 months ago and he was spot on with his prediction.
    he gets a lot of grief but I've always quite liked him as a pundit (not a bad striker either) speaks his mind, even if some of what he says is a bit embarrassing but that's never stopped some on here speaking their minds