Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Rumours

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Swisdom said:
    I heard a while back that Bauer loves it at Charlton, loves living in Chislehurst but desperately wanted Championship football.  I'd say there is a good chance he'll stay now.
    That would make sense, as Blackburn were definitely interested last summer and if he really wanted to move I'm sure it would have happened

A new child as well now, so I doubt he'd want to move house at the moment
    He wanted the move at the start of the season and was told no, he wasn't happy at that time.
    Bauer certainly looked happy after 94 minutes at Wembley!  :smile:

• Options
    cfgs said:
    Ross said:
    iaitch said:
    If we get Eaves then we might as well get Roofe from Leeds.
    Ben Thatcher out of retirement?
    And get Carl Tiler a new set of legs.
    I like it. Build from the back
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    No idea who this might be but I'd do what's worked for both Curbs and Powell in the recent(ish) past. Sign up the best players in the league you've just come out of and suppliment with a sprinkling of experience and quality from the league above if possible.
    I think that is absolutely the best strategy. I would want us doing that even if we were in the PL.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Swisdom said:
    I heard a while back that Bauer loves it at Charlton, loves living in Chislehurst but desperately wanted Championship football.  I'd say there is a good chance he'll stay now.
    That would make sense, as Blackburn were definitely interested last summer and if he really wanted to move I'm sure it would have happened

He wanted the move at the start of the season and was told no, he wasn't happy at that time.
    Since when has that stopped players moving?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I’d have thought he might need to be offered a  contract though and fairly soon? 

I mean ideally he would would have been approached last year but to leave it this late is massively crazy. 
    No point offering him a contract unless we were promoted as the one certainty is that he wouldn't sign for us or another L1 club.
  • Options
    Don't we have to announce released players in 48 hours? Not much time given we might keep some if we are unable to re-sign others.
  • Options
    No idea who this might be but I'd do what's worked for both Curbs and Powell in the recent(ish) past. Sign up the best players in the league you've just come out of and suppliment with a sprinkling of experience and quality from the league above if possible.
    I think that is absolutely the best strategy. I would want us doing that even if we were in the PL.
    Id say in Bowyers opinion that is what he done last year.

Taylor, Purrington
    Bielik, Cullen, Pratley, Steer

Think we got a bit lucky that Phillips, Morgan, Lapslie, Djikstell all stepped up beyond expectations.

I reckon he will do exact the same next year.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Redhenry said:
    Swisdom said:

Since when has that stopped players moving?
    It did in this instance :)
  • Options
    tgarrat1 said:
    Cousins & Harriott available on frees.. would you take either of them?

I think we need to bring in at least 6-8 players and the sooner we do it the better 

I cannot see Cullen or Bielik coming back, and get the feeling that Williams may leave too 

I'd take them both on frees.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Redhenry

Has the player you’ve heard is signing got the initials BB??
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    @Redhenry

Bexley Boy been telling porkies again? 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Laddick01 said:
    @Redhenry

I think Bob Bolder is a little old now!
  • Options
    Nope, I don't know if he is signing for sure but there has been contact
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Redhenry said:
    Interesting. Cheers
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Interesting. Cheers
    BB - Barry Bannan?
  • Options
    Billy Bonds
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Laddick01 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Interesting. Cheers
    BB - Barry Bannan?
    Don't know anything about him, doesn't mean there isn't interest though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big Bob ?
  • Options
    Bill Bailey?
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Bill Bailey?
    I wish he’d come home .. he’s been away too long
  • Options
    There must be a list, I only know one player on it atm
  • Options
    We really do need Rolly to sod off.

Limited budget will probably mean a total re-build which loses us momentum.

Back four look OK. Page with Stevenson another year older backing up. Sarr, Pearce left side. I think Bauer will re sign on a similar deal as I assume he was on a good one. Dyksteel right back with Solly backing up (would love to pick up Jenkinson on a free).

Thats it.

We have been fortunate this season with youngsters good enough to step up to the 1st team. If we include them in our squad we are desperately short of players every where else as I doubt there are too many close now. It was similar when we first went up to the prem after beating Sunderland. Not enough back up. We went down and came back as champions and had youth players coming through that helped us stay up.

Bows says it will be easier to attract players, but they will cost more. We just need the old git out of here.

• Options
    Billy Bodin
  • Options
    Brian Blessed?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    There must be a list, I only know one player on it atm
    Eaves? 
  • Options
    Billy Bingham..