Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Rumours

12345679»

Comments

• Hazard to Madrid confirmed.
    Great signing if true 
  • edited June 2019
    If we lose Aribo (likely, unfortunately).... but keep Taylor and then add Eaves and Lameiras and Morris.... are we actually equal to last year, offense-wise, or still in the hole?
    Hard to say. 

I'd say it's a strong side 
  • edited June 2019
    It is true 

I've got a lot of respect for Hazard, felt he was never that much of a cheat if a cheat at all, never really properly threw his toys out of the pram when he didn't get his move and really did achieve at Chelsea. Intrigued to see how he gets on at Madrid 
  • If we lose Aribo (likely, unfortunately).... but keep Taylor and then add Eaves and Lameiras and Morris.... are we actually equal to last year, offense-wise, or still in the hole?
    It's better than losing Aribo and not gaining them so yeah. Neither Eaves, Lameiras or Morris are a like for like though, if we lose Aribo we certainly need a ball carrier to replace him, Williams would be a must. 

I don't see how we can replace Bielik and Cullen though, they were so instrumental in our form. 
  • If we lose Aribo (likely, unfortunately).... but keep Taylor and then add Eaves and Lameiras and Morris.... are we actually equal to last year, offense-wise, or still in the hole?
    It's better than losing Aribo and not gaining them so yeah. Neither Eaves, Lameiras or Morris are a like for like though, if we lose Aribo we certainly need a ball carrier to replace him, Williams would be a must. 

I don't see how we can replace Bielik and Cullen though, they were so instrumental in our form. 
    Hopefully we will replace Bielik with Bielik!

Hopefully we will replace Bielik with Bielik!
    He has a brother  ?
  • edited June 2019
    Hazard to Madrid confirmed.
    Madrid have spent £187M on forwards in the last week, alone.
    £88M Hazard, who will now be a winger, apparently
    £52M Jovic
    £47M Rodrygo
    The last two are supposedly going to be backups! Seriously, £99M for backups?

£52M Jovic
    £47M Rodrygo

Only 5 on the bench, a bit like us at the start of last season!
  • Sponsored links:

• Has Bale left RM yet?
  • A certain Michael Morrison is yet to sign a new deal at Brum
    If we had the backing of someone who cared and was really going to invest I'd bite your hand off for him
    If we had someone that was really going to invest Morrison wouldn't be good enough.  I would take him back now though. 

As a side MM is, to me, the biggest example of lack of foresight and even medium term, let a lone long term, planing under RD.  We ended the season with no experienced center halves under contract, then Morrison signed a 3 year contract, then we signed Tbh and Bikey.  With Gomes as well he couldn't get in the team, we on loan, gave him a free then signed Rodger Johnson as cover.  By the start of the next season all 5 had gone.  Mental. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Say what you like about Darragh MacAnthony but he does know how to sign a striker.
    Eisa scores 10-15 before Christmas and his value is tripled.
    Or he scores 2 before Christmas, and crumbles under the pressure of his fee...

Posh do tend to play the transfer market, always buying and selling. 
    From Peterborough’s history of purchasing strikers, and the way Eisa tore up league 2 I favour goals.

if we’d got him in Jan I think he’d have been the final piece of the puzzle in terms of going up automatically 
    How many points did we drop from 1st Feb until the end of the season?  It was November through January that cost us autos. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Say what you like about Darragh MacAnthony but he does know how to sign a striker.

From Peterborough’s history of purchasing strikers, and the way Eisa tore up league 2 I favour goals.

if we’d got him in Jan I think he’d have been the final piece of the puzzle in terms of going up automatically 
    How many points did we drop from 1st Feb until the end of the season?  It was November through January that cost us autos. 
    Really? In November we won every league game. December hurt us bad with the lack of squad depth and the injuries, losing away at Blackpool, Coventry and Barnsley wasn’t the greatest but it was arguably the period when Grant left, including the Peterborough game, that we suffered most. We won 1 game in 6 and only picked up 7 points, we only scored 4 goals in that time too.

If there are moments during the season that cost us automatics, not that it matters at all now, but those moments were the beginning when we had no squad and suffered badly from it, and mainly the few weeks after Grant left. 
    £52M Jovic
    £47M Rodrygo

Backups now but could be first team players soon enough and will be worth much more.

Jovic will compete with Benzema for the central strikers role. 52m is a good buy for a striker who's only 21 years old.
    Rodrygo is one for the future. He was bought last summer but couldn't move to Spain as he was only 17.

• Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:

Really? In November we won every league game. December hurt us bad with the lack of squad depth and the injuries, losing away at Blackpool, Coventry and Barnsley wasn’t the greatest but it was arguably the period when Grant left, including the Peterborough game, that we suffered most. We won 1 game in 6 and only picked up 7 points, we only scored 4 goals in that time too.

If there are moments during the season that cost us automatics, not that it matters at all now, but those moments were the beginning when we had no squad and suffered badly from it, and mainly the few weeks after Grant left. 
    Sorry you correct we did win ever league game in never it was October and December were we lost a number of very winnable games. October really cost us 6 points dropped against Rochdale and Coventry.

Saying that if we had beaten Oxford twice we would have got an auto place. But if Solly hadn't scored at Luton we would have finished 5th. Like you say it doesn't matter any more. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:

Sorry you correct we did win ever league game in never it was October and December were we lost a number of very winnable games. October really cost us 6 points dropped against Rochdale and Coventry.

Saying that if we had beaten Oxford twice we would have got an auto place. But if Solly hadn't scored at Luton we would have finished 5th. Like you say it doesn't matter any more. 
    I'm pleased we didn't go straight up, it cost me a few quid  with play-off games and Wembley but there's no better way imo.
  • edited June 2019
    Ryan Sessegnon apparently a sure thing to Spurs for £45M. Very good long-term signing by them, imho, the kind more clubs should be making instead of buying 30-year old forwards.
  • Flatters to deceive in my opinion, not worth anywhere near 45m.
  • Flatters to deceive in my opinion, not worth anywhere near 45m.
    He is only 19. He may not be worth it now, but in 4 years? Could develop very nicely.
  • Sponsored links:

• He’s nowhere near as good as that fee suggests. He’s had one very good season in the Championship and struggled to adjust last season in the Premier League. Okay he was in a struggling side but his individual performances were not great.

Saying that, Pochettino has shown to be a fantastic coach at developing young players so if it were to happen I don’t think there are any better coaches out there to improve Sessegnon and get him to the level required. 
  • A crazy price but as others have said you're paying for the potential.