Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Rumours

Comments

• Options
    Someone I know just bumped into Bradley Dack around this area

Ex Gills......probably has a gaff down south.
  • Options
    He is from this area. Probably back visiting friends and family.
  • Options

Ex youth player for us, so might be visiting mates around here. There is no way we could afford him.
  • Options
    Plus hasn't scarfy gone AWOL? No chance we're signing anyone until he turns up 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    cfgs said:

Ex youth player for us, so might be visiting mates around here. There is no way we could afford him.
    I've seen a few times him being quoted by Blackburn of upwards 15 mill. Crazy money, cracking player but I don't think he is worth that much 

Thinking about it now I'm guessing it's cause they probably owe the Gills a huge sell on fee so are asking for a bit extra 
  • Options
    cfgs said:

I've seen a few times him being quoted by Blackburn of upwards 15 mill. Crazy money, cracking player but I don't think he is worth that much 

Thinking about it now I'm guessing it's cause they probably owe the Gills a huge sell on fee so are asking for a bit extra 
    18 goals from midfield in each of the last 2 seasons. 15m is peanuts to any premier league side these days.
  • Options

Obviously not a rumour but jesus. Salford still up to it in league 2. Could be some value in backing them for promotion 

Apparently he rejected a new deal with Rotherham over wage demands. So basically Salford are now more appealing than a recent championship team. Massive coup for them in league2 
    Crazy really, one of Rotherham's best players the last 2 seasons and he's gone down to league 2!
    Apparently Rotherham offered him a 5k a week deal in January and he turned it down.
  • Options
    Yeah he's from this area isnt he?

He's had an outstanding season so wouldnt be surprised if he went to a lower Premier League team like Norwich or Brighton
  • Options

Ex Gills and ex Charlton.
  • Options
    Does anybody know what area Bradley Dack is from?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LTKapal said:
    Just heard from a Sunderland supporting mate that they're close to signing Curtis Nelson which is a shame for us because I really rate the lad 
    He's not! 

• Options
    Michal Zyro leaving Wolves 
  • Options
    Michal Zyro leaving Wolves 
    Pony. No thanks.
  • Options
    I thought Zyro was quite good but Lord Bowyer would have him well sussed out.
  • Options
    I thought Zyro was quite good but Lord Bowyer would have him well sussed out.
    Had talent but not commitment. Not a Bowyer type of player.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    LTKapal said:
    Just heard from a Sunderland supporting mate that they're close to signing Curtis Nelson which is a shame for us because I really rate the lad 
    He's not! 

Oh hello. First signing then? 
  • Options
    Didn't say he was signing for us. I know he's waiting for Champ football. Lots of interest in him
  • Options
    Fosu for Nelson would be very nice.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Only problem with Curtis Nelson is do we really need him at the moment? - Is Centre-Back THAT high on the required list so far

He seems the sort of target we'd go after if we knew 100% that Bauer wasnt going to sign else

(1) Would he really want to be behind Bauer | Sarr | Pearce in the queue for Centre-Back

(2) If there is potential for Bauer to sign then surely our limited budget would be better spent on going after other areas of the pitch i.e. fourth choice Centre-Back could easily be replaced with a Bielik type figure (if not him) who can play in the Midfield yet drop back into Defence (to cover injuries) if absolutely necessary - That was the beauty of Bowyer's squad last season, everyone had versatility

EDIT: Its not something Id like to see in the Championship but if Bauer signs a new deal is it going to be an area that we'll even strengthen as both Dijksteel and Pratley played CB at various times this season...
  • Options
    Yes we still have a need for a centre back although admittedly if Bauer does sign a new contract he'll be lining up with Sarr at the start of the season and Nelson would be providing cover.

Bauer could go, Bielik might not be back on loan, if either scenario happens a centre back is required and if Nelson is available on a free then why not? assuming he's a right footed centre back given with Sarr and Pearce a left sided centre back isn't a requirement this summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Yes we still have a need for a centre back although admittedly if Bauer does sign a new contract he'll be lining up with Sarr at the start of the season and Nelson would be providing cover.

Bauer could go, Bielik might not be back on loan, if either scenario happens a centre back is required and if Nelson is available on a free then why not? assuming he's a right footed centre back given with Sarr and Pearce a left sided centre back isn't a requirement this summer.
    Agreed with this but dont think we'll look at CBs until its definite that Patrick is leaving...

We've got to be realistic with the budget thaf Bowyer has, if we sign Nelson before Bauer's future is decided we'll be overloaded at the back and may have lost the funding for a Striker (whose wages will cost more than a Defender anyway) which is an area which needs urgently addressing

e.g. Is it good business if we end the Transfer Window with four top Centre-Backs and only one other Striker along with Taylor?

Or would it be better business to have three Centre-Backs (with the likes of Pratley who "could" play there if needed" and two Strikers along with Taylor?
  • Options
    A certain Michael Morrison is yet to sign a new deal at Brum
  • Options
    A certain Michael Morrison is yet to sign a new deal at Brum
    If we had the backing of someone who cared and was really going to invest I'd bite your hand off for him
  • Options

Agreed with this but dont think we'll look at CBs until its definite that Patrick is leaving...

We've got to be realistic with the budget thaf Bowyer has, if we sign Nelson before Bauer's future is decided we'll be overloaded at the back and may have lost the funding for a Striker (whose wages will cost more than a Defender anyway) which is an area which needs urgently addressing

e.g. Is it good business if we end the Transfer Window with four top Centre-Backs and only one other Striker along with Taylor?

Or would it be better business to have three Centre-Backs (with the likes of Pratley who "could" play there if needed" and two Strikers along with Taylor?
    I agree with what you're saying though Bauer did say he wanted his future quickly resolved and the offer has been made to him. If he signs then I'd say keep Nelson on the radar but agreed with Taylor the only striker on the books I'd prefer us to prioritise signing strikers.
  • Options

I agree with what you're saying though Bauer did say he wanted his future quickly resolved and the offer has been made to him. If he signs then I'd say keep Nelson on the radar but agreed with Taylor the only striker on the books I'd prefer us to prioritise signing strikers.
    We are in for two strikers - one to play alongside Taylor and a third back up striker who could be the one that I referred to earlier if a deal can be sorted. He wants to come and compete for a place in the team, but he is still under contract and therefore any fee would be an issue and may need a loan if both clubs can agree the detail. Another club are interested too and can guarantee him a starting place as they will be competing at the top end of League 1.
  • Options
    No Igor
    No Parker
    No Hackett-Fairchild...

I think going into the start of the season with ONE striker, (let alone only one fit striker) makes it clear where our priorities must lie!
  • Options
    No Igor
    No Parker
    No Hackett-Fairchild...

I think going into the start of the season with ONE striker, (let alone only one fit striker) makes it clear where our priorities must lie!
    Terrique Anderson | Mikhail Kennedy | Joshua Umerah as well

Do we even have any Strikers for the U23s next season at the moment? 
  • Options
    Midfielder Wassim knows where the goal is and at 6'6" is likely to be new striker.  Don't be surprised to see him on bench b4 Xmas.
  • Options
    If Bauer doesn't sign and Nelson goes elsewhere then we would have missed out. At any level we need 4 competent centre backs and we should be able to afford Nelson regardless of who else we have lined up, even under Roland