Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Rumours

Comments

• edited May 2019
    If Bauer doesn't sign and Nelson goes elsewhere then we would have missed out. At any level we need 4 competent centre backs and we should be able to afford Nelson regardless of who else we have lined up, even under Roland
    This with bells on.

Let’s chase strikers all summer and then go into the season with Pearce, Sarr and Page to cover three of four defensive positions for 46 games...
  • edited May 2019
    Two players for every position should be the aim, maybe a couple of players that can cover two positions like Bielik and Dijksteel have been able to.

Assuming no-one signs a contract...

Phillips + one

Solly, Dijksteel
    Pearce, Sarr + two
    Page + one

Pratley, Lapslie, Morgan + five

Taylor + three
  • If Bauer doesn't sign and Nelson goes elsewhere then we would have missed out. At any level we need 4 competent centre backs and we should be able to afford Nelson regardless of who else we have lined up, even under Roland
    This with bells on.

Let’s chase strikers all summer and then go into the season with Pearce, Sarr and Page to cover three of four defensive positions for 46 games...
    Judging by social media though looks like Sunderland are the hot favourites to get him. It's crazy the business we could do just on frees alone but we are shackled by the plonker. There is at least 12 free agents off the top of my head that would improve us

• Usually someone who gets it right saying Sunderland have not signed Nelson.

Basically welcome to Charlton Curtis Nelson 
  • edited May 2019
    “Bit disappointed you did not come out before Downie”

Does he mean the fake Keith Downie account @SkySportsKeith_ ? As far as I can see, no word on the Curtis Nelson to SAFC link from the real Keith Downie account @SkySports_Keith ...

Just a bored kid pretending to be ITK.
  • Yeah maybe, I was more just highlighting that he said the Sunderland link wasn't true plus I think RedHenry said that also.

No point thinking about it too much anyway, not even linked with us and he will probably end up at more stable championship club, nice to have a guess though 

I've noticed Shrewsbury are making some shrewd signings again, reckon they will stay up again. Just bagged Ethan Ebanks-Landell who I thought had a bit more about him than Salops and a promising striker from Telford, Daniel Udoh who scored 19 or so last season. Still find Shrewsbury are an odd side, when I went there last season I was convinced that Ryan Haynes was one of the best players I had seen in the league and he's only made 16 appearances for them this season
  • Mo Eisa just signed for Peterborough 
  • Two players for every position should be the aim, maybe a couple of players that can cover two positions like Bielik and Dijksteel have been able to.

Assuming no-one signs a contract...

Phillips + one

Solly, Dijksteel
    Pearce, Sarr + two
    Page + one

Pratley, Lapslie, Morgan + five

Taylor + three
    If RD is still in charge we will also need to replace Taylor and Dijksteel.  They are probably the only two saleable assets in that low and RD wants to sell one or two each window for a return.  People seem to be ignoring that presently
    Over 1.3m as well. They better at least make the playoffs. I bet they don’t though. Lol 
    A club record fee apparently which is a bit surprising for someone who barely played in the Championship last season and has had only one season in the EFL before that
  • Sponsored links:

• Say what you like about Darragh MacAnthony but he does know how to sign a striker.
    Eisa scores 10-15 before Christmas and his value is tripled.
  • We can but dream of signing a player for £1.3m 😔
  • Laddick01 said:
    Say what you like about Darragh MacAnthony but he does know how to sign a striker.
    Or he scores 2 before Christmas, and crumbles under the pressure of his fee...

Posh do tend to play the transfer market, always buying and selling. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Say what you like about Darragh MacAnthony but he does know how to sign a striker.
    Or he scores 2 before Christmas, and crumbles under the pressure of his fee...

Posh do tend to play the transfer market, always buying and selling. 
    From Peterborough’s history of purchasing strikers, and the way Eisa tore up league 2 I favour goals.

if we’d got him in Jan I think he’d have been the final piece of the puzzle in terms of going up automatically 
  • Midfielder Wassim knows where the goal is and at 6'6" is likely to be new striker.  Don't be surprised to see him on bench b4 Xmas.
    He’s not a midfielder really, however unless he discovers a better fitness level he won’t progress. All the games I’ve see him play he’s knackered before half time.
  • edited June 2019
    Laddick01 said:
    Matt Godden achieved 10-goals by January though yet only scored four till the end of season

Think Peterborough should partly be looking into other areas to strengthen, scored two less than us yet conceded twenty more goals (Only Oxford conceded more than them in the whole of the top half of the table, and will let Oxford off for that after the awful start they had) - Pretty obvious where their problems lay last season
  • Laddick01 said:
    Or if you’re Roland, increased by 0.2m. 
  • edited June 2019
    I think that 'DMAC' is a quality owner. Bit of an attention seeker but engages with the fans and puts his money where his mouth is. Mo Eisa, Ivan Toney and Matty Godden is a quality strike force. If Maddison and Dembele stay I expect them to be up there goals scored wise 

As for comments above about them being leaky in the back, I've seen they got Mark Beevers on a free, there is worse defenders out there and should do a job for them at league 1 
  • I think that DMAC is a quality owner. Bit of an attention seeker but engages with the fans and puts his money where his mouth is. Mo Eisa, Ivan Toney and Matty Godden is a quality strike force. If Maddison and Dembele stay I expect them to be up there goals scored wise 
    Posh do tend to sell any star players as well. Indeed they're very good at selling players for a profit, but it's one reason why they've been stuck in L1 for a while...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    Peterborough are brilliant at signing strikers.
    But they are rarely promoted because they don't sign decent defenders.
  • I think that 'DMAC' is a quality owner. Bit of an attention seeker but engages with the fans and puts his money where his mouth is. Mo Eisa, Ivan Toney and Matty Godden is a quality strike force. If Maddison and Dembele stay I expect them to be up there goals scored wise 

As for comments above about them being leaky in the back, I've seen they got Mark Beevers on a free, there is worse defenders out there and should do a job for them at league 1 
    Signing Eisa for over 1m to me means that they're selling someone. They get tiny crowds and i don't think they can realistically spend that sort of money without recouping some or they'd be in trouble with FFP.

Then again i don't know if FFP seems to matter lower down the leagues as how do Salford get away with it?
  • I think that 'DMAC' is a quality owner. Bit of an attention seeker but engages with the fans and puts his money where his mouth is. Mo Eisa, Ivan Toney and Matty Godden is a quality strike force. If Maddison and Dembele stay I expect them to be up there goals scored wise 

Signing Eisa for over 1m to me means that they're selling someone. They get tiny crowds and i don't think they can realistically spend that sort of money without recouping some or they'd be in trouble with FFP.

Then again i don't know if FFP seems to matter lower down the leagues as how do Salford get away with it?
    Maddison to Leeds?
  • I think that DMAC is a quality owner. Bit of an attention seeker but engages with the fans and puts his money where his mouth is. Mo Eisa, Ivan Toney and Matty Godden is a quality strike force. If Maddison and Dembele stay I expect them to be up there goals scored wise 
    Posh do tend to sell any star players as well. Indeed they're very good at selling players for a profit, but it's one reason why they've been stuck in L1 for a while...
    They do, always gets reinvested though, compared to what we have. Imagine if we even invested 30% of what we made from our big sales

I thought this but on twitter DMAC has said he isn't selling Toney or Maddison to fans. So be a bit surprising if he does after saying he won't

League 1 and 2 have their own rules that are different from FFP.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

“In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions.”
  • Peterborough are brilliant at signing strikers.
    Signed a decent one today.............but there's a catch.

"Peterborough have signed Niall Mason who was sacked by Doncaster after admitting to sexually assaulting a woman.

The 22-year-old received a six-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, for assaulting the woman in 2018. He was also placed on the sex offenders register for seven years.

Doncaster tore up his contract after Mason admitted the charge in January."

• Peterborough are brilliant at signing strikers.
    Signed a decent one today.............but there's a catch.

"Peterborough have signed Niall Mason who was sacked by Doncaster after admitting to sexually assaulting a woman.

The 22-year-old received a six-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, for assaulting the woman in 2018. He was also placed on the sex offenders register for seven years.

Doncaster tore up his contract after Mason admitted the charge in January."

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/peterborough-united-sign-a-full-back-with-a-controversial-past-1-8955477

It seems several other clubs were after him as well...
  • edited June 2019
    If we lose Aribo (likely, unfortunately).... but keep Taylor and then add Eaves and Lameiras and Morris.... are we actually equal to last year, offense-wise, or still in the hole?
  • Hazard to Madrid confirmed.