Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halal meat in Asda

Comments

• Options
    Howells said:

Believe the evidence you mean?

How is "between 84 and 90 percent" subjective in any way at all? Or are we delving into alternative facts..................

Evidence? Haha
    Ok, Callum
    I await the evidence that says it's actually less than that.
  • Options
    Yer, I'm converted Vegan it is. First thing first, I need the dogs put down first thing in the morning, because I wouldn't feed them meat as that would be hypocritical, right?

When's the next referendum?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

1:12pm

4.36 to the first flag.....
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Personally won’t eat it, as it puts a lot of British butchers out of business as the whole halal process only employs a certain religion and that’s wrong imo!

It’s also extremely cruel.

Halal meat puts a lot of British butchers out of business?

Can you explain that? How would the method of slaughter of an animal put a butcher out of business? What nationality of butcher

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Personally won’t eat it, as it puts a lot of British butchers out of business as the whole halal process only employs a certain religion and that’s wrong imo!

Can you explain that? How would the method of slaughter of an animal put a butcher out of business? What nationality of butcher is replacing the British butchers who are displaced?
    Supermarkets are putting British butchers out

Howells said:

sam3110 said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Can you explain that? How would the method of slaughter of an animal put a butcher out of business? What nationality of butcher is replacing the British butchers who are displaced?
    Supermarkets are putting British butchers out of business.

Some were replaced by halal butchers, because there was a demand for it, and you couldn’t get it in the supermarket.

Now you can and supermarkets will be putting halal butchers out of business.
    "Supermarkets are putting British butchers out of business. Some were replaced by halal butchers..."

Can you explain what nationality these "halal butchers" are that are putting "British butchers" out of business?
    Chizz
    Palarsehater already explained this to you.
    @palarsehater said "Apologies the post should of (sic) read non-Muslim butchers". But @SomervilleAddick has said that "halal butchers" are replacing "British butchers". So I'd be interested to learn - as I don't know - which countries these non-British halal butchers come from.

Do you know?
    I neither know or care about the nationality of the halal butchers. It’s entirely irellevent to the point, which was that the butchers (be they British - British Halal - non British halal or fucking Martian) are being put out of business by supermarkets.

But to make it clear - I very much doubt the distaste for halal meat is down to its method of slaughter. If you really cared you’d be a vegetarian. It’s just a way to express a dislike for Muslims ( British, non British, Martian) without actually saying it out loud.
    No.
    It is a hideous way of ending the animal's life and it is as simple as that.
    Despite the fact that almost all halal meat is also stuned before slaughter?
    Sam, that is an assumption.
    The Quran states the animal is to have the throat cut - if a butcher chooses to stun before its entirely up to them as at that point they have already complied with ther religious beliefs
    I have no doubt that the bigger halal butcher's comply with the notion of stunning, too. But to assume 'almost all' without being there is simply naive
    Read above. Between 84 and 90% are stunned. European law requires 100% but UK has an exemption.
    So between 16 and 10% are jivved in the neck and left to bleed to death. Cushty
    Didn't say that. If it was up to me it would be 100%, for all kinds of slaughter. You'd have to ask why we are exempt from the European law.
    Yer, If only we were all vegan remainers, with the backing of the EU, we could stamp out halal and kosher slaughter once and for all
    And there it is.
  • Options

Howells said:

Believe the evidence you mean?

How is "between 84 and 90 percent" subjective in any way at all? Or are we delving into alternative facts..................

Evidence? Haha
    Ok, Callum
    I await the evidence that says it's actually less than that.
    Again, as I've already said, the bigger producers no doubt comply but if you think a poxy eu law is fully complied with in this country and then, you also feel that is enough to consider as 'evidence' then you're wrong.
  • Options
    4:57 till the first fucked up quote.....
  • Options

You're just lashing out all over the place today aren't you Rob?
  • Options
    It don’t matter how it’s killed or how long it’s been dead

Nowt better than eating a nice bit of dead animal and chips covered in beef dripping
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grown meat in a lab will be the future and should relieve millions of animals from suffering. I still think religious types will insist on eating "real" meat, thereby ensuring the suffering continues.
  • Options

Howells said:

sam3110 said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Supermarkets are putting British butchers out of business.

Some were replaced by halal butchers, because there was a demand for it, and you couldn’t get it in the supermarket.

Now you can and supermarkets will be putting halal butchers out of business.
    "Supermarkets are putting British butchers out of business. Some were replaced by halal butchers..."

Can you explain what nationality these "halal butchers" are that are putting "British butchers" out of business?
    Chizz
    Palarsehater already explained this to you.
    @palarsehater said "Apologies the post should of (sic) read non-Muslim butchers". But @SomervilleAddick has said that "halal butchers" are replacing "British butchers". So I'd be interested to learn - as I don't know - which countries these non-British halal butchers come from.

Do you know?
    I neither know or care about the nationality of the halal butchers. It’s entirely irellevent to the point, which was that the butchers (be they British - British Halal - non British halal or fucking Martian) are being put out of business by supermarkets.

But to make it clear - I very much doubt the distaste for halal meat is down to its method of slaughter. If you really cared you’d be a vegetarian. It’s just a way to express a dislike for Muslims ( British, non British, Martian) without actually saying it out loud.
    No.
    It is a hideous way of ending the animal's life and it is as simple as that.
    Despite the fact that almost all halal meat is also stuned before slaughter?
    Sam, that is an assumption.
    The Quran states the animal is to have the throat cut - if a butcher chooses to stun before its entirely up to them as at that point they have already complied with ther religious beliefs
    I have no doubt that the bigger halal butcher's comply with the notion of stunning, too. But to assume 'almost all' without being there is simply naive
    Read above. Between 84 and 90% are stunned. European law requires 100% but UK has an exemption.
    So between 16 and 10% are jivved in the neck and left to bleed to death. Cushty
    Didn't say that. If it was up to me it would be 100%, for all kinds of slaughter. You'd have to ask why we are exempt from the European law.
    Did our 'sovereignty' come through early, then?
  • Options

Grown meat in a lab will be the future and should relieve millions of animals from suffering. I still think religious types will insist on eating "real" meat, thereby ensuring the suffering continues.

But will lead to a mass cull of unwanted animals and a rise in unemployment as farm workers are laid off.

• Options

You're just lashing out all over the place today aren't you Rob?
    ?
  • Options

Surely it'll be alright if it's not stunned and a man in a funny costume has chanted some old waffle as it's plucked from the lab.
  • Options

The problem with that is where will those animals go? Who will look after them?
  • Options

Nowt better than eating a nice bit of dead animal and chips covered in beef dripping

Tell that to your heart, colon and bowel.

• Options
    edited April 2018

Dont worry. France, Spain and Italy will relieve us of the burden. The chances of those three countries going vegan are i think fairly slim.

• Options

It's a disgrace that such a developed country like the UK should make exceptions to allow religious slaughter. Kosher and halal meat serves only to ensure that the animal died in the most painful way possible.

Can I also add that vegans should celebrated and not derided. I think it's great that it's taking off.

Nope racist

Please see the regular panel on here

@Chizz @SomervilleAddick @hoof_it_up_to_benty

For any further information
    Aren't you on this thread as well. You must know what you think? I've never been inside your head.

For all I know you could be a transgender, gender fluid, lentil eating social worker and if you are I'm cool with that.

We just need to love a little more and hate a little less.

I love all butchers.
  • Options
    I reckon I've shot more animals for the reason of protecting crops, than I have for me to eat (even though 100% of the animals shot have been eaten).

Remember that the next time you buy some fruit and veg from the shops
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Tell that to your heart, colon and bowel.

They like it the most
  • Options
    Dutch or English veal ?
  • Options
    @Wheresmeticket? , what you mean lashing out mate?
  • Options

I reckon I've shot more animals for the reason of protecting crops, than I have for me to eat (even though 100% of the animals shot have been eaten).

Are you talking about bunnies ? Ffs. Easter is barely over !

• Options

Dont worry. France, Spain and Italy will relieve us of the burden. The chances of those three countries going vegan are i think fairly slim.

But nick was saying grown meat is the future so I assume the rest of the developed world will do the same.
  • Options

Deer, pigeon....
  • Options

Next time I eat an avocado I shall offer up a special thanks to you Rob. Bless you.
  • Options

Dutch or English veal ?

English
  • Options

Deer, pigeon....
    Can we get back to the subject of halal butchers please....
  • Options

Dutch or English veal ?

English
    Rose veal I hope