Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halal meat in Asda

Comments

• Options

the issue with halal/kosher meat is it only employs a certain religion a joe bloggs butcher cannot supply halal meat or kosher meat, also stunning has been proven to be humane slicing a cows throat after saying a prayer is not humane imo when there is better and more humane technology out there why shouldn’t we use it?, as humanity trumps religion no?. And in the world of equal opportunity you cannot have one religious followers having a better advantage then others.

Are you really saying that a retailer selling halal meat has to be Muslim?
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Personally won’t eat it, as it puts a lot of British butchers out of business as the whole halal process only employs a certain religion and that’s wrong imo!

It’s also extremely cruel.

Halal meat puts a lot of British butchers out of business?

Can you explain that? How would the method of slaughter of an animal put a butcher out of business? What nationality of butcher is replacing the British butchers who are displaced?
    Supermarkets are putting British butchers out of business.

Some were replaced by halal butchers, because there was a demand for it, and you couldn’t get it in the supermarket.

Now you can and supermarkets will be putting halal butchers out of business.
    "Supermarkets are putting British butchers out of business. Some were replaced by halal butchers..."

Can you explain what nationality these "halal butchers" are that are putting "British butchers" out of business?
    Chizz
    Palarsehater already explained this to you.
    @palarsehater said "Apologies the post should of (sic) read non-Muslim butchers". But @SomervilleAddick has said that "halal butchers" are replacing "British butchers". So I'd be interested to learn - as I don't know - which countries these non-British halal butchers come from.

Do you know?
    I neither know or care about the nationality of the halal butchers. It’s entirely irellevent to the point, which was that the butchers (be they British - British Halal - non British halal or fucking Martian) are being put out of business by supermarkets.

But to make it clear - I very much doubt the distaste for halal meat is down to its method of slaughter. If you really cared you’d be a vegetarian. It’s just a way to express a dislike for Muslims ( British, non British, Martian) without actually saying it out loud.
    No it’s because we’re constantly told religion doesn’t matter yet it does when coming to slaughtering animals.

Winds me up btw I also mentioned kosher so I hate Jews aswell
  • Options
    @jizz you know that’s not what I’m saying
  • Options

It's a disgrace that such a developed country like the UK should make exceptions to allow religious slaughter. Kosher and halal meat serves only to ensure that the animal died in the most painful way possible.

Can I also add that vegans should celebrated and not derided. I think it's great that it's taking off.

Nope racist

Please see the regular panel on here

@Chizz @SomervilleAddick @hoof_it_up_to_benty

For any further information
  • Options

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Personally won’t eat it, as it puts a lot of British butchers out of business as the whole halal process only employs a certain religion and that’s wrong imo!

Can you explain that? How would the method of slaughter of an animal put a butcher out of business? What nationality of butcher is replacing the British butchers who are displaced?

Some were replaced by halal butchers, because there was a demand for it, and you couldn’t get it in the supermarket.

"Supermarkets are putting British butchers out of business. Some were replaced by halal butchers..."

Can you explain what nationality these "halal butchers" are that are putting "British butchers" out of business?
    Chizz
    @palarsehater said "Apologies the post should of (sic) read non-Muslim butchers". But @SomervilleAddick has said that "halal butchers" are replacing "British butchers". So I'd be interested to learn - as I don't know - which countries these non-British halal butchers come from.

Do you know?
    I neither know or care about the nationality of the halal butchers. It’s entirely irellevent to the point, which was that the butchers (be they British - British Halal - non British halal or fucking Martian) are being put out of business by supermarkets.

But to make it clear - I very much doubt the distaste for halal meat is down to its method of slaughter. If you really cared you’d be a vegetarian. It’s just a way to express a dislike for Muslims ( British, non British, Martian) without actually saying it out loud.
    No.
    It is a hideous way of ending the animal's life and it is as simple as that.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz

Do you know?

This.
  • Options
    Howells said:

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz

Do you know?

No.
    Despite the fact that almost all halal meat is also stuned before slaughter?
  • Options

It's a disgrace that such a developed country like the UK should make exceptions to allow religious slaughter. Kosher and halal meat serves only to ensure that the animal died in the most painful way possible.

Can I also add that vegans should celebrated and not derided. I think it's great that it's taking off.

Each to their own, as I've always said, but I'll "defend" eating meat when it is criticised seeing as it is a 100% natural thing for a person to do.

Nb: It's only really taking off in middle class liberal townie areas ain't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz

Do you know?

Tripe
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Pets Vs Farmed animals is the real argument starter. Anything you define as a pet in the modern western world should not be deemed meat.

I only really eat cow, white fish and salmon and of course chicken. Don't agree with lamb and only eat pork in the rare (once every 2-3 month) bacon sarnie.

If all meat was banned, I certainly wouldn't complain. As it is however I am gluttonous for beef and chicken and find it almost impossible not to choose it when it's available.

You're not supposed to eat bacon rare - it's dangerous.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz

Do you know?

Right. So it probably would have been better if you hadn't introduced the nationality of the butchers.

Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz

Do you know?

No.
    If pre stunned there you lose the barbaric view but are creating an industry where only one religion can work in for example the prison service decide that instead of buying halal, kosher, non religious meat they just double up the halal order and keep the kosher the same. For giving way to religion which happens in nigh on no other industry.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz

Do you know?

No.
    Sam, that is an assumption.
    The Quran states the animal is to have the throat cut - if a butcher chooses to stun before its entirely up to them as at that point they have already complied with ther religious beliefs
    I have no doubt that the bigger halal butcher's comply with the notion of stunning, too. But to assume 'almost all' without being there is simply naive
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Howells said:

sam3110 said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz

Do you know?

No.
    The Quran states the animal is to have the throat cut - if a butcher chooses to stun before its entirely up to them as at that point they have already complied with ther religious beliefs
    I have no doubt that the bigger halal butcher's comply with the notion of stunning, too. But to assume 'almost all' without being there is simply naive
    Read above. Between 84 and 90% are stunned. European law requires 100% but UK has an exemption.
  • Options

Howells said:

sam3110 said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz

Do you know?

No.
    Read above. Between 84 and 90% are stunned. European law requires 100% but UK has an exemption.
    So between 16 and 10% are jivved in the neck and left to bleed to death. Cushty
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018

Howells said:

sam3110 said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz

Do you know?

No.
    Didn't say that. If it was up to me it would be 100%, for all kinds of slaughter. You'd have to ask why we are exempt from the European law.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz

Do you know?

Right. So it probably would have been better if you hadn't introduced the nationality of the butchers.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    I didn’t. The OP did. I was responding to his point in his terms.
  • Options
    Oh god
  • Options

Howells said:

sam3110 said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz

Do you know?

No.
    Again, if you believe that then fine.
    It is entirely subjective and as I say it's surplus to requirements, as the religious requirement is far more likely to be complied with than some eu law
  • Options

Howells said:

sam3110 said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz

Do you know?

No.
    Didn't say that. If it was up to me it would be 100%, for all kinds of slaughter. You'd have to ask why we are exempt from the European law.
    Yer, If only we were all vegan remainers, with the backing of the EU, we could stamp out halal and kosher slaughter once and for all
  • Options
    Believe the evidence you mean?

How is "between 84 and 90 percent" subjective in any way at all? Or are we delving into alternative facts..................
  • Options

Howells said:

sam3110 said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Howells said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz

Do you know?

No.
    Yer, If only we were all vegan remainers, with the backing of the EU, we could stamp out halal and kosher slaughter once and for all
    Glad to see you're coming around to the idea. :-)
  • Options

Believe the evidence you mean?

How is "between 84 and 90 percent" subjective in any way at all? Or are we delving into alternative facts..................

Evidence? Haha
    Ok, Callum
  • Options
    Only buy meat from my local butcher most supermarkets inject water into their joints to make them look more succulent. Shop local.