Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    One extra thing that worried me about Roland's statement was that buyers were concerned at our losses and this was making a deal difficult to close. If that's true, that is very worrisome to me. Losing money, as much as allowed by FFP, is part at parcel of being in The Championship and promotion without significant losses is almost impossible. If the new owners are really that concerned with cutting losses, instead of increasing turnover and making the team better, we may be trading one bad owner... for another. The only thing keeping me from being even more worried about this is that Roland's statements have historically been full of shit.
    But yer man from Cardiff will be perfectly aware of all that, can’t see that putting him off if he really wants to own his own club. 
  • Options
    One extra thing that worried me about Roland's statement was that buyers were concerned at our losses and this was making a deal difficult to close. If that's true, that is very worrisome to me. Losing money, as much as allowed by FFP, is part at parcel of being in The Championship and promotion without significant losses is almost impossible. If the new owners are really that concerned with cutting losses, instead of increasing turnover and making the team better, we may be trading one bad owner... for another. The only thing keeping me from being even more worried about this is that Roland's statements have historically been full of shit.
    It's Roland, why would anyone believe what he says.
  • Options
    When should one click on LOL? Is it literally a loud laugh even if only for a millisecond? I just gave Beardface a LOL but only for a bit of air coming out of my nostrils. Does that count?

• Options
    1765, James Watt has the idea to improve the steam engine by using a separate condenser, away from the piston.
  • Options
    I think we are reaching an end game. Someone go park themselves at Nando's in Blackheath to see who walks in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we are reaching an end game. Someone go park themselves at Nando's in Blackheath to see who walks in.
    "Reaching the end game" was first mentioned over 1174 days ago: https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/2442537/#Comment_2442537

could be a while yet...

• Options
    Bauer just put on Twitter a tweet saying thanks for the last 4 years 
  • Options
    Pringle said:
    Dalman. In the Clarenden. With a Filofax. 
    Play it cool Trigger.... 😀 
  • Options
    Can we stop the Chinese "jokes" please.

It's 2019 not 1974
    How very communist of you.

I suppose we are the Reds.
  • Options
    Dalman in the Clarendon disguised as a waiter.
  • Options
    If the Chinese become the new owners, this will become the takeaway thread
    I believe the Chinese do a lot more than takeaway food.
  • Options
    I still think it’ll be the Aussies.
    Aussie/US/Indian technically. 
  • Options
    I could have sworn you'd gone ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I could have sworn you'd gone ?
    That’s mean :-)
  • Options
    The Clarendon is a minute from me - always fancied a drink there - I could work my inner James bond 
  • Options
    iainment said:

It's 2019 not 1974
    All of the jokes. 

Unless you have a serious point just don't. It's not anything but tedious to plough through the allegedly humorous shit that some think is worth posting but not worth reading.
    Cheers mate. All of my posts are jokes :-(
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    iainment said:

It's 2019 not 1974
    All of the jokes. 

Unless you have a serious point just don't. It's not anything but tedious to plough through the allegedly humorous shit that some think is worth posting but not worth reading.
    Cheers mate. All of my posts are jokes :-(

We should all take it on the er Chin lol sorry, last one :p

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Very true. You can dine in at some of them too. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Very true. You can dine in at some of them too. 
    Porcelain, silk, gunpowder, tea all exports from China around this time
  • Options
    iainment said:

It's 2019 not 1974
    All of the jokes. 

Knock knock
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!