Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1766, The first sale at Christie's auction house.
  • Options
    Roll on 2019/2020 season please. Sense of humour failures are ruining this very enjoyable thread. 
  • Options
    Pretty much any buyer will do!

Am all for Chinese connections coming in, though - ideal!
  • Options
    Yes someone posted the leak came from Cardiff. Plus it was not giberish.
  • Options
    When should one click on LOL? Is it literally a loud laugh even if only for a millisecond? I just gave Beardface a LOL but only for a bit of air coming out of my nostrils. Does that count?
    Was it an audible snort?  If so, LOL is surely fine.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    Seen at the Clarendon!

Is that Bruce Grobalaar.......??
  • Options
    The Clarendon has been blacklisted by all right-thinking Charlton people since they evicted Ronnie Moore In 1984 because the club hadn’t paid the bill.

As to the suggestion that Dalman is annoyed with RD for putting his name out, Dalman started that hare running when he planted the story in the Standard in March. His interest was well known within the wider media for weeks before it came out.
    Yeah, how mean of them not to let someone stay for free.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:
    The Clarendon has been blacklisted by all right-thinking Charlton people since they evicted Ronnie Moore In 1984 because the club hadn’t paid the bill.

As to the suggestion that Dalman is annoyed with RD for putting his name out, Dalman started that hare running when he planted the story in the Standard in March. His interest was well known within the wider media for weeks before it came out.
    Yeah, how mean of them not to let someone stay for free.
    But you should have seen the bar bill!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    @Sage

Theres logic in your post and that’s where I think your argument falls over.
    Of course we know that Roland doesn’t do things logically and is completely irrational most of the time. As he showed with his ridiculous and vindictive statement yesterday.

However, that’s where I truly believe that someone or more than just one person/group spoke to him before he spoke to Bowyer again and warned him of the consequences if it wasn’t resolved favourably to the club. It means he would have been cutting his nose off to spite his face. To keep the attractiveness of selling the club was to keep Bowyer, so he was forced to reconsider and here we are today.
    I think it was pointed out to him that the anger of the fans would increase tenfold in Bowyer left and that he could expect more than a couple of visits to his home town.
    We all know how much he hates that.so I believe he buckled. 
    I have to start this by saying I don't condone it or have any involvement in it, but facts are facts and the fact that the recent graffiti targeted business associates alongside him would have been very disturbing. The implications to his wealth are potentially greater than the money he is losing on us. People say he acts vindictively but I am sure he is very wary of what an escalation in hostilities might do to his interests.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    @Sage

Theres logic in your post and that’s where I think your argument falls over.
    Of course we know that Roland doesn’t do things logically and is completely irrational most of the time. As he showed with his ridiculous and vindictive statement yesterday.

However, that’s where I truly believe that someone or more than just one person/group spoke to him before he spoke to Bowyer again and warned him of the consequences if it wasn’t resolved favourably to the club. It means he would have been cutting his nose off to spite his face. To keep the attractiveness of selling the club was to keep Bowyer, so he was forced to reconsider and here we are today.
    I think it was pointed out to him that the anger of the fans would increase tenfold in Bowyer left and that he could expect more than a couple of visits to his home town.
    We all know how much he hates that.so I believe he buckled. 
    I have to start this by saying I don't condone it or have any involvement in it, but facts are facts and the fact that the recent graffiti targeted business associates alongside him would have been very disturbing. The implications to his wealth are potentially greater than the money he is losing on us. People say he acts vindictively but I am sure he is very wary of what an escalation in hostilities might do to his interests.
    I’d like to think so.
  • Options
    Dalman deal still 'at least a month away' according to Cardiff journo on twitter. 
    If you could tell me Roland is gone in one month, I would take it in a heartbeat.
    If he misses the transfer window he may wait until January.
  • Options
    Tommy Driesen on twitter angling for a job at Peterboro... good news with regards to a takeover being close?
    What's he said?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Hopefully about to become a has been.
  • Options
    I’ve always thought he’s on twitter for the sole purpose of winding up Charlton fans. Odd bloke - another part of the Charlton Belgian elite who’s highly sensitive to criticism. 
  • Options

He might not be cheap but he's fookin useless.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    He has delusions of grandeur.  Despite all evidence, he really does think he's as spectacularly accurate, wise and possessed of divine insight as his mentor, Ackworth.  
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Bilko said:
    Just checked with the Clarendon and they have a Steve Dowman! who remembers him????? 
    I know bolloxbolder remembers him.
    I remember his own goal v Cardiff!
    Not sure, I thought it was against The Massives, I could be wrong.

Home to Sheff Wed 1983-84. Lobbed Nicky Johns in a 1-1 draw (Hales pen). Had a nightmare debut away to Brentford in the Milk Cup. Got torn apart by Francis Joseph.

Did score some decent goals...mainly headers including two v Barnsley in the 5-3 win.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!