Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Someone remind me what we sold Cousins for? Way better than either Konsa or Aribo on what I have seen.

Bit unfair to compare Cousins, a box to box midfielder to Konsa, a centre half.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Someone remind me what we sold Cousins for? Way better than either Konsa or Aribo on what I have seen.

I'm just talking about youth potential. Fairly direct comparison with Aribo, in any case? And hasn't Karl played Konsa in midfield half the time?
  • Options
    I wouldn't say more than a million for either. Whether or not he knows that I don't know.
  • Options
    I disagree, @seth plum - Cousins was a regular man of the match within a few months of debut.
  • Options
    Aribo struggled to get into our starting 11 at the end of last season having broken into it in Jan I think. His competition was Crofts, Ulvestad, Jackson etc. I don't see him as a big sale any time soon from what I have seen. KR just talked him up too much. Konsa, maybe £1-2M tops.
  • Options

I disagree, @seth plum - Cousins was a regular man of the match within a few months of debut.

Fair point, and we voted Poyet as a player of the season. Yet to my mind Aribo and Konsa are both better than Poyet.
    My overall point however is that the development of young players is one requiring thoughtful and skilled supervision, and we must be cautious when judging them.
  • Options

Context comes into this. In the ramshackle 2016/2017 squad, under two head coaches and Gawd knows how many other coaches, and after an unforeseen relegation, a lot was expected of young players making their way in a notably physical league. Plus all the off-field issues. A rookie has to find a valid career path through this combination of quicksand and minefield ? I admire all our young 'uns so much but I'm relieved that none of them is a son of mine (well, as far as I know). One of the more detestable aspects of this heinous regime.
  • Options

According to Sky Sports at the time... £1.25M.

What a shame.
  • Options

I'm just talking about youth potential. Fairly direct comparison with Aribo, in any case? And hasn't Karl played Konsa in midfield half the time?
    I think Konsa is class. Very composed CB. Not quite Gomez level but still decent. I'm not convinced by Aribo yet but I'm not writing anyone one off, especially a young player, after one season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

50p and a lb of grapes
  • Options
    To be clear, I am not writing either of them off. Just being realistic re their valuation.
  • Options
    Well according to Robinson Aribo is the next Patrick Vieira so he will be worth millions and millions..........
  • Options

How depressing.

Given that we are down to discussing the relative merits of our sellable youth products because there isn't the slightest sniff of a rumour or any gossip which suggests that a sale process is even possible, let alone imminent, it appears that my estrangement from my football club is likely to continue for the foreseeable future....

It feels strange. Normally, I would be eagerly poring through any possible transfer rumours in eager anticipation of a squad being assembled with the potential to bring us glory next season....but this summer, I haven't even looked at the transfer thread once, and I can't see myself doing so, either. I'm just not interested in the machinations being orchestrated (or not) by a manager and administration that I feel no affinity or affection for and I just wish would disappear and never come back.

As it stands, this is not my club anymore....it's like watching a horror movie where a familiar old friend has been transformed into a slavering, mindless zombie. As a diseased and decaying CAFC limply staggers along in search of brains (which would be profits for RD if I'm going to pursue this tortured analogy) I simply cannot recognise it as my dear, cherished, contented and proud friend that was once so full of life....not least because it stinks pretty badly - a rather off-putting, foetid stench of rot, misery and death which I (and many others it seems) find utterly repellent. Quite simply, I don't recognise it anymore.

I look forward to the day when the curse is lifted and I get my beloved friend back . Sadly, it doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon...

This is exactly how I feel at this time...sadly!
  • Options
    Brilliant analogy!
  • Options

How depressing.

Given that we are down to discussing the relative merits of our sellable youth products because there isn't the slightest sniff of a rumour or any gossip which suggests that a sale process is even possible, let alone imminent, it appears that my estrangement from my football club is likely to continue for the foreseeable future....

It feels strange. Normally, I would be eagerly poring through any possible transfer rumours in eager anticipation of a squad being assembled with the potential to bring us glory next season....but this summer, I haven't even looked at the transfer thread once, and I can't see myself doing so, either. I'm just not interested in the machinations being orchestrated (or not) by a manager and administration that I feel no affinity or affection for and I just wish would disappear and never come back.

As it stands, this is not my club anymore....it's like watching a horror movie where a familiar old friend has been transformed into a slavering, mindless zombie. As a diseased and decaying CAFC limply staggers along in search of brains (which would be profits for RD if I'm going to pursue this tortured analogy) I simply cannot recognise it as my dear, cherished, contented and proud friend that was once so full of life....not least because it stinks pretty badly - a rather off-putting, foetid stench of rot, misery and death which I (and many others it seems) find utterly repellent. Quite simply, I don't recognise it anymore.

I look forward to the day when the curse is lifted and I get my beloved friend back . Sadly, it doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon...

Well said.
  • Options
    Thanks all.

And thank God for the cricket, is all I can say!*

*Apart from come on Kent and come on England, obviously!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How depressing.

Good post, I feel exactly the same...

• Options
    This rumour has gone dryer than the popes nuts.

Sad really, we are in desperate need of a rescue buyer.
  • Options
    Have the convicts pulled the plug on this venture?

Website seems to have disappeared.
  • Options
    Still there through the link but couldn't find it listed on Google. http://www.australianfc.com.au/
  • Options
    What happened to the geezer on here who said it was a done deal last Friday?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Was that Colin?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

His ghost may be heard as you pass by that billabong...
  • Options
    Is any takeover deal from anyone completely dead then? Not a whisper for weeks now.
  • Options

Is any takeover deal from anyone completely dead then? Not a whisper for weeks now.

Katrien has said the club is "not for sale". So that's definitive, obviously...
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Crocodile Dundee in competition with Dame Edna Everidge, allegedly. To be announced when the tooth fairy gets back off of maternity leave...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!