Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Nah
  • Options
    Not happening.
  • Options
    I doubt very much if it is going to happen.

I don't have any inside information, but who would buy a club at the very start of the season. It doesn't make sense.

Any new buyer would be stuck with the players already in place and wouldn't be able to invest in the team until January.

So for me Roland is with us for at least 6 months.
  • Options
    Are we not drawn onward to new era?
  • Options

I doubt very much if it is going to happen.

I don't have any inside information, but who would buy a club at the very start of the season. It doesn't make sense.

Any new buyer would be stuck with the players already in place and wouldn't be able to invest in the team until January.

So for me Roland is with us for at least 6 months.

On the other hand though, it gives them six months to have a look at the infrastructure, review the coaching and the internal staff set-up, look at our comms, our training ground, our ticketing, evaluate the playing squad and the manager, all while not having to worry about bringing in signings and spending more money immediately. I'm not getting my hopes up again (or maybe ever again) about a takeover but for a buyer picking up a club with potential you can do a lot worse than keep your powder dry for six months and evaluate your new asset
  • Options
    If they are still about I reckon we may be stuck with despicable Miere she seems to be wanting to hang around , so either it's not happening or part of it is she stays put
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If they are still about I reckon we may be stuck with despicable Miere she seems to be wanting to hang around , so either it's not happening or part of it is she stays put

Is that just a guess or based on anything? Can't see why any new owner would keep her on.
  • Options

Errrrm, I assume that's a joke of some sort?

• Options

Stig said:

I don't see that any sale would be heavily dependent on promotion or not. There's are possible arguments in either direction as to how promotion or relegation could help or hinder a sale. That suggests to me that it's not that important. Of course, our league position will affect what people are prepared to pay but the key factor is how fed up with it Roly gets. We need to do everything in our power to ensure that he's very fed up.

It's the squirrel that needs pestering. She's visably aged 10 years since 2014.
    The strength of the sun in Dubai can do that to your skin I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Roland and meire are a partnership if one goes they both go
  • Options
    Theyre still around
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Based on what I was told last week she has no immediate intention of stepping away from football, in fact the total opposite and looking to be more involved

that leaves two options she is either going to try and forge a career within the game away from cafc and to do that her cv would need to read a damn sight better than it does

or she is staying on at cafc

I won't say no more than that
  • Options

Based on what I was told last week she has no immediate intention of stepping away from football, in fact the total opposite and looking to be more involved

that leaves two options she is either going to try and forge a career within the game away from cafc and to do that her cv would need to read a damn sight better than it does

She doesn't have a choice... If new guys come in they are well within their right to remove her from her post
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When it's on the OS
  • Options

I must admit, I stand in awe at the brassneck of the woman!
  • Options
    Head says that we have more chance of being taken over by aliens from the planet Zarg third on the left in the Plexus Nebula!

Heart says, seeing Daisy Dipshit adiosed out of the gaff by her earhole... well, let's just say, where's the s/t form for my whole family?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Could be a grain of truth in this....

................. or it could just be a grain of Gritt to keep us guessing... irritatingly.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Head says that we have more chance of being taken over by aliens from the planet Zarg third on the left in the Plexus Nebula!

Heart says, seeing Daisy Dipshit adiosed out of the gaff by her earhole... well, let's just say, where's the s/t form for my whole family?

Well, on the forum "whose name shall not be mentioned" they are suggesting that Zarg have in fact been in talks since early April.
    They have even been seen at The Valley testing the water so to speak....but were singularly unimpressed with the ongoing pot hole situation and this has evidently been a major stumbling block, with seemingly no resolution in sight.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!