Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Chinese at the training ground recently was a red herring.

Queue people now going

'herring', He means fisherman, Canadians sells fish, we being bought by Canadians, Napa googles wealthy Canadians, all equals same as before = feck all

Haha. Sounds like one of the clues from 3-2-1
  • Options
    edited January 2018

So the new owners are Icelandic with Hermann Hreidarsson the face of the consortium.
  • Options
    Don't care for Herring, Only Haddock count.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    heard rumours of Jiang Lizhang granada owner and part owner of minnesota timberwolves.

Jiang Lizhang (Chinese: 蒋立章; born October 27, 1981 in Fu'an) is a Chinese businessman who owns Granada CF in Spain's La Liga, having bought a controlling stake for over €37m.[1] He is also a part-owner of the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves, having bought 5% of the franchise for around €45m.[2][3] He founded Desports in 2004 and sold the sports marketing company in 2015.[4] In addition, he owns 60% of Parma Calcio 1913, having bought his stake in June 2017. In January 2017, he bought 90% of Chongqing Dangdai Lifan F.C..

As of late 2016 he has been working on a takeover of the Belgian second division football club OHL, short for Oud-Heverlee Leuven. [5] This attempt has been met with significant disapproval by the local community and the club's fans as well as local politicians, since the city of Leuven is the biggest stakeholder in the club and owner of the land on which the club's stadium is built.
  • Options

Where's @JessieAddick when we need her?!

Shame I haven't seen or heard anything useful.......... :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't shoot the messenger but I understand there will be French involvement at the game tomorrow.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Don't shoot the messenger but I understand there will be French involvement at the game tomorrow.

Yann

"its happening.jpg"
  • Options
    Macron looking to invest his £45m Calais Security budget.
  • Options

Where's @JessieAddick when we need her?!

Shame I haven't seen or heard anything useful.......... :(
    That doesn't stop everyone else from jointing in !!!
  • Options

Chinese fishmongers now in the mix.

• Options
    Macronate said:

Pourquoi?
  • Options

Chinese fishmongers now in the mix.

Soy what you did there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So the new owners are Icelandic with Hermann Hreidarsson the face of the consortium.
    The dutch are keen on herring too.

They have been inspired to bid by Charlton Life knowledge of all things Dutch what with their rudders and ovens.
  • Options
    Heard a rumour that the UN might be taking us over.
  • Options

I’m not sure what you mean by that. I know they were being shown around in November. I saw pictures and they were being wined and dined. That’s all I know though. I’ve got no idea of the scope of what they were looking at but they were definitely around.
  • Options

They have been inspired to bid by Charlton Life knowledge of all things Dutch what with their rudders and ovens.
    Yes, but they are also famed for talking double Dutch, expecting you to go Dutch, and being as much use as two Dutch uncles!
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Yes, but they are also famed for talking double Dutch, expecting you to go Dutch, and being as much use as two Dutch uncles!
    as well as needing Dutch courage.

Got some Dutch people ringing me today to talk about Charlton at the request of the club.

Nothing to do with a takeover. I'm sure.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

I agree to an extent RCT but if somebody with money - forever he or whoever - had turned up at the valley before we left for selhurst - that whole episode wouldn't have happened - and that was far more depressing than this situation - think people need to cheer up - got a good loan in, another striker likely, hated owner selling and we r 6th and re grouping for a promotion push - it's all down to what u want to believe at the moment anc my glass is half full

We were top 6 in championship (div2) and promoted to Div1 at selhurst mate, this is worse.
    In many ways now is worse because of what we have all been through over the years.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!