Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Bristol Rovers 2017 Post-match thread

We win! Convincingly.

Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    KR is right this month will define us 4 tough games coming up this win is a good springboard to the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Best performance in ages. Good feeling about KR if we keep playing like that. Energy, skill and drive of Aribo and Konsa key to it. No. 4's time, alas, is truly up now, especially if we're adding Carruthers

I assume you mean the second half, first half seemed dire
  • Options
    Hopefully a push now towards the play off places, I think the automatics are a bit too far off! A good result, well done all.
  • Options
    Proper second half of football that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just hope with a fortnight off coming up they don't go stale, especially with our next game against Scum.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Good result against a reserve team with a 5 foot goal keeper.

5 foot 9 inches
  • Options
    Easy win, they were a very poor side let's be honest. Magennis was great, first goal came out of the blue in a very turgid first half. Bit of confidence before some tough games is good though.
  • Options

Robinson - "I've given them all a beer in the changing room. They didn't drink over Christmas so I've given them a beer now."

Hopefully he didn't have to queue up with the punters.........oh forgot there aren't any.
  • Options

Robinson - "I've given them all a beer in the changing room. They didn't drink over Christmas so I've given them a beer now."

Was this to give them some courage before the match?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simply MAGnificent
  • Options

One of those games I wish I didn't have my principles. Nearly gave an old boy a heart attack giving it a 'YES' for McGennis' 2nd whilst in the Rose of Denmark, then had to use every ounce of restraint to walk away from trappy teenagers at Lewisham station taking the pee out of me on phone to one of my boys. Ended up coming home more with the hump than when I went out

McGennis is proving an excellent signing and Robinson day by day is seeming a real 'look at me' merchant. Still unsure whether that's a good or bad thing

Nice confidence boost before Millwall

You should of said mate my ticket was going spare
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Nug said:

Easy win, they were a very poor side let's be honest. Magennis was great, first goal came out of the blue in a very turgid first half. Bit of confidence before some tough games is good though.

I'd argue the 10 minutes of pressure we had before the equaliser was only ever going to end in a goal.

Make no mistake, if Bauer didn't slip Bristol wouldn't have scored today, even if we played another game right after
    Not gonna argue about 10 minutes, enough of that on here. Agree they wouldn't have scored without the mistake they were terrible team, as are a lot of them in this league. We are average at best but think we have enough to scrape into playoffs and probably will.
  • Options
    Couple of pairs of legs in midfield and look what happens. We could be in a much better position if we'd had that all season. Anyway, sounds like a cracking performance despite missing kep players still. Need to kick on against Millwall now, another bottlejob on the 14th will be a bitter disappointment after todays performance.
  • Options

Good to see the new approach to the half-time team talk worked wonders.