Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tour Of Bangladesh & India

Comments

• Options
    That Kohli is starting to become annoying!

Seriously, he is in imperious form at the moment, the only shock is that he's only No 2 in the World at the moment in Test and ODI cricket (behind Smith and ABV respectively)
  • Options
    Kohli is far better than Smith.
  • Options
    Some seriously good young batsmen around at moment though with Kohli,Smith,Root and Williamson
  • Options
    Woakes causing carnage in the 2nd ODI - India 25-3 with Woakes 3-14 including the prized wicket of Kohli.
  • Options
    228-3 37.3 overs

Yuvraj 118 no
    Dhoni 80 no
  • Options
    381 after 50 overs oh dear
  • Options
    Once again our bowlers are no good outside English conditions...

Wonder if something should be done to encourage more young bowlers to spend their winters or whole seasons abroad...
  • Options

Wonder if something should be done to encourage more young bowlers to spend their winters or whole seasons abroad...

And I don't mean the attractive holiday destinations of Australia/south Africa. I'm talking subcontinent.
  • Options

And I don't mean the attractive holiday destinations of Australia/south Africa. I'm talking subcontinent.
    think you also need to give kids more encouragement at colts level ..actually bowl them in games ...and from there prepare pitches at county level that encourage spin
  • Options
    This would be some chase. 35 off 14 balls required with 3 wickets in hand. Morgan 96*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morgan gets his hundred. 28 off 10 needed.
  • Options
    And Morgan is run out at the non strikers end. Game over unless Plunkett and Willey can find a few maximums.
  • Options
    Just 22 off the last over!
  • Options
    We lose by 15 runs mainly because we relinquished our grip when India were 43-3 off 10 overs (with Kohli out) and then allowed them to score virtually 10 an over off the final 30.
  • Options
    We are clearly a bowler short, the middle overs of both games have seen us surrender any early momentum and conceded to many runs and fail to take wickets between the 20th and 40th overs. This sets the opposition up for the last 10 with batsmen set and wickets in hand.

It's partly down to the conditions, but equally we're missing Broad and Anderson who seem better able to magic up a wicket.
  • Options
    Got a lot closer than I expected but the bowling let us down.
  • Options
    I'm afriad that its the usual sub-continent story - not much we can do about it really, until we start to produce spinners like Ashwin and Jadeja, which we wont coz of our conditions.
    Roll on the Ashes.
  • Options
    Although in saying that, maybe Mark Wood might have made a difference in being the gun bowler that is needed to get the likes of Kohli,Dhoni and the other bloke when they are in full steam.
    ALso, having Stuart Broad in the team might have made 10 runs difference too !
    #justsaying
  • Options
    BTW...I'm still secretary of my club (even though I'm considering jumping ship to a team that will give me a bowl) - I'm under pressure to find the club a sponsor. Anyone have experience of this and would have any advice on how to approach local businesses?

Oh, and if you're a local business owner with some spare cash and a desire to be advertised on the fields of SE London, the 1st XI is in the KRCL Div 1A and is hopeful of promotion this season ;)
  • Options
    Billings out for 35 as replacement for Hales
    Eng 98-1 off 16
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roy is becoming incredibly consistent... 65 seems to be his score...
  • Options

Roy is becoming incredibly consistent... 65 seems to be his score...

That's why he's not much good at the four day game - no stamina.
  • Options
    England made 321 - a good score according to the commentators

India currnelt y69-2 off 14 - Kohli just dropped on boundary by Ball.
  • Options
    96-2 off 18
    England bowling well, but still India look comfortable
  • Options
    Kohli and Yuvraj now out
    133-4 off 26
  • Options
    ANd finally England win a game

Beat India by 5 runs.
  • Options
    2-1 is a better reflection on the series
  • Options
    I think England have played well throughout the whole tour. It's just that we're playing the best team on their home soil.
  • Options

I think England have played well throughout the whole tour. It's just that we're playing the best team on their home soil.

Yep agree, its not as if we have been totally demolished in everry game - they just have a (big) edge on their home soil - it will be reversed when they come to us.
  • Options

And we can't magic a world class spinner out of nowhere (nor from Surrey).