Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options

se9addick said:

Nice one but...gloves ?
    That's what i thought, but he wasn't the only one, must be cold up North.
    It's completely unacceptable regardless of the conditions.
  • Options
    What position was Lookman playing in?
  • Options
    Exciting player who has lots of potential, but is it just me he doesn't look interested at all. Never seen him celebrate a goal properly and compared to Holmes he doesn't work his bollocks off and leaves Fox exposed. Thoughts?
  • Options

Exciting player who has lots of potential, but is it just me he doesn't look interested at all. Never seen him celebrate a goal properly and compared to Holmes he doesn't work his bollocks off and leaves Fox exposed. Thoughts?

Agree but we must remember he is only 18 and I freely admit to being as guilty as everyone else in not always doing so.

Maybe we expect too much because of the sheer quality and class he is capable of which we have been lucky enough to see every so often. Consistency of performance, Solly excepted whom has always seemed to have it, tends to come with experience.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    LenGlover said:

Agree but we must remember he is only 18 and I freely admit to being as guilty as everyone else in not always doing so.

Maybe we expect too much because of the sheer quality and class he is capable of which we have been lucky enough to see every so often. Consistency of performance, Solly excepted whom has always seemed to have it, tends to come with experience.
    Commitment, hunger and desire don't that comes from within the player and also down to the Management/Coaches to inspire
  • Options
    Look he's a great talent but whether or not he likes being a left winger and not a striker, he needs to learn to play the role, as there have been several occasions where he has just let his man run past with no challenge on him whatsoever, and that is unacceptable
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Might just be me, but I've noticed in the last few games he's started to moan a lot. He's given the verbals to team mates when most of the time whatever he is moaning about is actually his own fault. Fox, for all his faults can't be blamed for Lookman's lack of interest in his defensive duties. I've lost count of the amount of times that Fox has had 2 players to deal with when Lookman Has been playing left mid.

Personally think if the bafoon in charge is going to persist with one striker, then Lookman needs to be playing in a free role.

What I will say is that every time Lookman goes off to play for England, he's amongst high standard players from premiership clubs - players than train alongside real quality every day. He's come's back and has the likes of Foley and Crofts on the training ground.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

• Sponsored links:

• Options

LenGlover said:

Pedantic mode... He's 19 - Was his Birthday last Thursday ;)
    Damn it too slow
  • Options
    I think Ade's main problem is that cos our midfield is generally so uncreative/stale/defensively minded, there's more pressure on him to be creative, and feels like he needs to do something when he gets the ball. When he's being double/triple marked, he's going to lose the ball and that's where his own frustration/the fans frustration starts to happen.
  • Options
    I think he goes off with England and talks to the "Prem" lads & how much they earn and he probably wants a move.

I know I would (at the present time).
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

LenGlover said:

Pedantic mode... He's 19 - Was his Birthday last Thursday ;)
    Damn it too slow
  • Options
    If we had a regime concerned with managing the development of young players properly we would be having a different conversation.
  • Options
    Not seen enough games this season to have much of a view but having watched the Coventry game I thought he started well, played quite a nice through ball at one point to Novak, but with Novak being overweight he just watched it go past him then mouthed off at Lookman for about 5 minutes which meant he went into his shell a bit.

He certainly did not seem to have pushed on and his crossing was pretty woeful but I suspect being a creative player in a Slade squad this year is not a lot of fun.
  • Options
    Don't know if Lookman played, if he did he didn't score but England u20s beat Nigeria u17s 8-1.
  • Options

Don't know if Lookman played, if he did he didn't score but England u20s beat Nigeria u17s 8-1.

Can't find mention of this anywhere, have you got a link?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everton are the latest club to show an interest in AL. Will be sold in January to balance the books.
  • Options
    lol @ spending 5 million in League 1, i want what you are on :)
  • Options
    His goal at the weekend was unbelievable. To hit it so cleanly on your weaker foot - quality.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I heard a rumour Arsenal made enquires about him. Offered £4.1m plus add ons
  • Options
    Odds that the money would get spent on bringing in more players??
  • Options
    We don't have many players in the squad who could compete in the Championship. If we were serious about promotion and then wanted a hope in staying there we would need to hold on to those who could. Anyway KM has already said he won't go in Jan.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Odds that the money would get spent on bringing in more players??

Great odds, because it wouldn't happen