Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options
    So Lookman started ahead of Izzy Brown. If it's the same bloke I'm thinking of, Isiah Brown signed for Chelsea from West Brom after making his West Brom debut at 16yo and has failed to do anything with Chelsea thus far. I believe he was on loan to a Dutch club (possibly Vitesse).
  • Options
    Surely if/when he goes to a Prem club this summer, it makes most sense for all parties to be an instant loan back. He wont be starting for a Chelsea / Spurs etc yet - and would learn more with a season starting every game for us. Front three of Novak flanked by Ajose and Lookman.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

So Lookman started ahead of Izzy Brown. If it's the same bloke I'm thinking of, Isiah Brown signed for Chelsea from West Brom after making his West Brom debut at 16yo and has failed to do anything with Chelsea thus far. I believe he was on loan to a Dutch club (possibly Vitesse).

Yeah thats the fella... Have worse contempt for him than Kasey Palmer!!
  • Options

Yeah thats the fella... Have worse contempt for him than Kasey Palmer!!
    Thought it was. Another one who saw the pound notes. Two seasons at West Brom could see him being a Premier League starter for a bigger club -'d even capped by England. I know Dele Alli gets a bit of stick but his route to the top is an example Of how things should be done. Two seasons playing regular football for a club where he can make a name for himself (still with interested parties from the Prem). Then sign for Spurs before going back out on loan.

Kasey Palmer could have done the exact same as Alli or even Joe Gomez. It will be interesting to see what Lookman does as he seems to have his head screwed on.
  • Options
    I see that Kyle Walker-Peters plays for Spurs, and is a full back. That could get confusing if he ever reaches the first team!
  • Options
    Solanke was recently rumoured to be asking for £50,000 a week to stay at Chelsea.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    iaitch said:

Solanke was recently rumoured to be asking for £50,000 a week to stay at Chelsea.

Unbelievable isn't it? - they should tell him to piss off.

The other one was iheanacho at Man City - reported to have asked for £150k a week. Did alright last season and no doubt will be a good player, but what a piss take.

Mind you Raheem Sterling is on 200k so Iheanacho should probably ask for 700k.

No wonder players don't give a shit about playing well for England.
  • Options
    I've just spent three days up at Troon with a friend and his mate, who is coach for the FA for the North West of England. He has coached four of the England U19 side. We talked about Lookman and whilst he's not seen him play, he's heard very good things about him - but only in the last five or six months - says he's come from basically nowhere to be noticed by the England coaching set up at that age group.
  • Options
    Just goes to show that we are capable of producing talented footballers. These U19s beat Spain in qualifying and have now beaten France and Holland in the past few days.

Somehow it all goes wrong when they get to senior level.
  • Options
    Speaking of Kasey Palmer, he's just gone on loan to Huddersfield for the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2016
    England / Ademola have just kicked off their final Group game against Croatia... (Currently Live on EuroSport 2)

Result doesnt matter as already setup our Semi-Final clash against Italy on 21st July

• Options

Just goes to show that we are capable of producing talented footballers. These U19s beat Spain in qualifying and have now beaten France and Holland in the past few days.

Somehow it all goes wrong when they get to senior level.

A lot of it at these younger levels is physicality. We tend to build big strong boys who can bully the opposition.

Once they are all grown up and it comes down to technique we are sadly lacking.

Lookman is the opposite. He's all about technique and that's possibly why he wasn't noticed previously.

• Options
    Ade had a goal chalked off for offside, apparently it was marginal if he was.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Ade had a goal chalked off for offside, apparently it was marginal if he was.

Played the whole game
  • Options
    9 of the England starting 11 are signed to London clubs .. where the money is alright
  • Options

9 of the England starting 11 are signed to London clubs .. where the money is alright

That can't be right. Moore plays in France, Ojo is at Liverpool and there's at least 2 Everton kids there too
  • Options
    edited July 2016

That can't be right. Moore plays in France, Ojo is at Liverpool and there's at least 2 Everton kids there too
    Fry is at Middlesbrough and Woodman at Newcastle
  • Options
    starting line up v Holland

Woodman .. Newcastle
    Walker-Peters .. Spurs
    Oxford .. West Ham
    Moore .. R C Lens
    Tomori .. Chelsea
    Lookman .. CAFC
    Rossiter .. Rangers
    Onomah .. Spurs
    Maitland-Niles .. Arsenal
    Abraham .. Chelsea
    Solanke .. Chelsea

My mistake .. EIGHT from London clubs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2016
    got my games wrong .. the Holland game was the one I was referring to .. AND (tell me I'm wrong) Lookman is the only one signed to a non Prem club ? .. is it ((:>) errrrrr except for Rossiter hahahahahah and Moore .. f f s I give up
  • Options

got my games wrong .. the Holland game was the one I was referring to .. AND (tell me I'm wrong) Lookman is the only one signed to a non Prem club ? .. is it ((:>) errrrrr except for Rossiter hahahahahah and Moore .. f f s I give up
    And Woodman.
  • Options
    Watching the highlights on Eurosport 2 now. Clear to see he is comfortable playing with those at Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. He would be a cut above in our league but would probably get kicked to shit
  • Options
    Looking very hot property. Will probably clear a years debts when he eventually goes in January. ):
  • Options

Looking very hot property. Will probably clear a years debts when he eventually goes in January. ):

Not with our normal chief negotiator, he won't. :disappointed:

We'd be lucky to have enough to cover NightMeire's security bill for the Coventry game.
  • Options
    Nice one but...gloves ?
  • Options
    what a great ball for the second goal ... surely Ajose would thrive on that type of service ? ... IF selected
  • Options

what a great ball for the second goal ... surely Ajose would thrive on that type of service ? ... IF selected

I think Lookman and Maginnes would be our best combo.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Nice one but...gloves ?
    That's what i thought, but he wasn't the only one, must be cold up North.