Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

I dont understand lately Everton have been playing Calvert-Lewis and not Lookman, dont really rate CL and i am suprised he has been getting ahead of Mirellas

I was actually surprised that Lookman seemed to get game time from the outset, I think he's a good player with lots of potential but I think it will be a while before he's ready for that level consistently.
    Agreed, me too! seemed to do ok when he came on and i dont rate Calvert- Lewis at all. Alot of good youngsters at Everton at the mo, hope they can stay there rather then get poached by the bigger clubs.
  • Options

se9addick said:

I dont understand lately Everton have been playing Calvert-Lewis and not Lookman, dont really rate CL and i am suprised he has been getting ahead of Mirellas

I was actually surprised that Lookman seemed to get game time from the outset, I think he's a good player with lots of potential but I think it will be a while before he's ready for that level consistently.
    Agreed, me too! seemed to do ok when he came on and i dont rate Calvert- Lewis at all. Alot of good youngsters at Everton at the mo, hope they can stay there rather then get poached by the bigger clubs.
    Well Everton "poached" many of them anyway!

Lookman from us obviously, Calvert-Lewin from Shef Utd, Holgate from Barnsley (like Stones beforehand).
  • Options
    He needs a loan to a lower prem team like Burnley to get some game time or a top end champ side. He should do a full season somewhere for the experience.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Lookman from us obviously, Calvert-Lewin from Shef Utd, Holgate from Barnsley (like Stones beforehand).
    Brendan Galloway another who's made a handful of appearances was signed after playing for MK Dons.
  • Options
    It seems now that whereas before talented English players would play several seasons in lower teams before getting their move up, most now get snapped up very young by the PL giants, where they either sink or swim...
  • Options
    edited May 2017

It seems now that whereas before talented English players would play several seasons in lower teams before getting their move up, most now get snapped up very young by the PL giants, where they either sink or swim...

Premier League clubs cant afford to wait till these kids are older though... The later they wait, the more expensive the kid can become and the higher the risk that one of their rivals will get in ahead of them and so use the player to their advantage in later years.

Just take a look at this kid that Real Madrid are signing from Flamengo...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4484324/Real-Madrid-set-complete-deal-wonderkid-Vinicius.html

Spanish newspaper Marca report that Real see Vinicius, who currently plays for Flamengo, as a tactical signing for the future, ensuring their rivals don't get their hands on him, and have the deal ready for the final signatures.
  • Options

se9addick said:

"Poached" @ £10 mill could do with a few more poachings
  • Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4711828/Everton-3-0-FC-Twente.html

Going by the Match Report on the Daily Mail; Lookman was one of the brightest players for Everton in the first 45mins of the match against FC Twente... Hopefully means that despite all their spending he'll get a chance this season.
  • Options
    Who cares!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4711828/Everton-3-0-FC-Twente.html

Going by the Match Report on the Daily Mail; Lookman was one of the brightest players for Everton in the first 45mins of the match against FC Twente... Hopefully means that despite all their spending he'll get a chance this season.

Everton appear to be targeting all four competitions next season. I fully expect him to be holding down a first-team position come May.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Who cares!

ex-Charlton Player, like Joe Gomez I'll always have an interest in how they get on.
    I've always been the same.....once they're gone they're gone.
    I have no interest in them and what they do for another club.....it's the way I handle all the departures I have witnessed of our best players over the last 6 decades......too many to name and too often to continually bear the pain and disappointment.....so I just blank them out and generally have no more interest in them than any other player who's not wearing an Addicks shirt.
    In fact the better they do the more choked I am likely to feel......and who likes being choked.
  • Options

Who cares!

ex-Charlton Player, like Joe Gomez I'll always have an interest in how they get on.
    I've always been the same.....once they're gone they're gone.
    I have no interest in them and what they do for another club.....it's the way I handle all the departures I have witnessed of our best players over the last 6 decades......too many to name and too often to continually bear the pain and disappointment.....so I just blank them out and generally have no more interest in them than any other player who's not wearing an Addicks shirt.
    In fact the better they do the more choked I am likely to feel......and who likes being choked.
    Sounds like you have had quite a few partners in the past 50 years or so - have they all been Addicks or have you had to indoctrinate them to become one?
  • Options
    Everton forums raving about his performance v Twente.
  • Options
    Lookman starts tonight against Hadjuk Split in the Europa League Qualifiers
  • Options
    Match is being shown live on YouTube.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Lookman is having a great game. Hajduk fans kicking off now. Ref has had to stop the game.

I went to a game when I was in Split a few years ago, they were kicking off them amongst themselves. That game was stopped because of flares being thrown on the pitch. As I type, they've started fighting with each other.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Dumb c*nts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't see Lookman getting many games, with the midfielders they've bought this summer
  • Options

I can't see Lookman getting many games, with the midfielders they've bought this summer

Which isn't going to help him with his issues but they will be trying to keep him involved as much as they can because they rate him very highly.
  • Options

Not stopped him getting a game tonight and looking very dangerous on the right wing.
  • Options
    Graeme Stuart in commentary box. Lookman is class.
  • Options
    Desperate to see Lookman cut inside and hit it like he did with us. Getting the room to do it but hesitates.
  • Options

Desperate to see Lookman cut inside and hit it like he did with us. Getting the room to do it but hesitates.

Was played on right for an hour. Started to tire by time he was switched to left. One superb bit of skill where he controlled a lofted dropping ball and sent it down line with his 1st touch. Think he was fouled and not given b4 he roasted the guy.
  • Options
    Quality player
  • Options
    On the bench for Everton tonight
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    ross1 said:

On the bench for Everton tonight

Shame that Calvert-Lewin is getting in ahead... I watched them both during the U20 Cup and Lewin didnt impress me one bit.