Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POTY DINNER

Comments

• Options
    1StevieG said:

iainment said:

I don't understand anyone going to this sort of event, I've never been and never would.
    The fans who go, why?
    To eat with people who have no connection with them. To meet the management. Or to enjoy the food. Or to brown nose.
    Baffles me. Do the club ever honour the fans, no. And this year particularly, I can't see any reason to attend.

Strange comment to make. Why would fans want to brown nose any player????
    For self aggrandisement.
  • Options

iainment said:

I don't understand anyone going to this sort of event, I've never been and never would.
    The fans who go, why?
    To eat with people who have no connection with them. To meet the management. Or to enjoy the food. Or to brown nose.
    Baffles me. Do the club ever honour the fans, no. And this year particularly, I can't see any reason to attend.

If you don't understand it then maybe the best idea would be to keep schtum knowing full well there are people on here who put a lot of work into organising it
    Brown-noser :-)
  • Options

iainment said:

The fans who go, why?

If you don't understand it then maybe the best idea would be to keep schtum knowing full well there are people on here who put a lot of work into organising it
    Or, alternatively, go. See what the fuss is about. If it's shit, leave. And when you leave, pull a Jerry Maguire. If nothing else it'll be entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IXOK0b4_kk
  • Options
    iainment said:

I attend because it's a great evening, where you join fellow fans & the players.

You can chat with all the players and take as many photos as you like.

If you've never been, then of course you wouldn't know.

Why would I want photos of footballers eating?
    Dear James. Can you......
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

iainment said:

The fans who go, why?

Or, alternatively, go. See what the fuss is about. If it's shit, leave. And when you leave, pull a Jerry Maguire. If nothing else it'll be entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IXOK0b4_kk
    Pay for me next year then. If it's as good as you suggest I'll give you the money back and the equivalent to the Upbeats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    iainment said:

The fans who go, why?

Yes, with free away travel.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

iainment said:

The fans who go, why?

Yes, with free away travel.
    That's an honour? This year that's a punishment.
  • Options
    When my son went to Junior Reds Xmas parties I got it, but adults please.
  • Options
    Been a couple of times, 2013 and 2014, and it was great fun.
  • Options

iainment said:

So, would you not like to know what Henderson, Solly, Cousins, Jackson et al think?

If you want to have an idea while they are still with us, you have to have events like this, where they speak with the fans. Not that I'm suggesting for an instant that the Junior Reds would not ask incisive questions...
    What they think matters how? They've not done anything or said anything publicly that questions what's happened under Duchatelet so what benefit is there in hearing their whispered unattributed comments.
  • Options
    Henderson has.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

So, would you not like to know what Henderson, Solly, Cousins, Jackson et al think?

If you want to have an idea while they are still with us, you have to have events like this, where they speak with the fans. Not that I'm suggesting for an instant that the Junior Reds would not ask incisive questions...
    What they think matters how? They've not done anything or said anything publicly that questions what's happened under Duchatelet so what benefit is there in hearing their whispered unattributed comments.
    So, the answer to the question is "no", then.

Personally, I do not expect to hear any current squad member publicly express their opinion in the media/social media, because it's not good for their professional career.

However, I am very interested in hearing what they can and will say in a one to one environment. It clearly does not matter (as such) because they have no influence on the ownership of the club.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about the value of the POTY dinner.
  • Options

Good luck to Fanny et al and everyone have a great time, just ignore the SMT if they arrive

Katrien confirmed to be there by Seb