Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POTY DINNER

Comments

• Options
    Thirty seven quid. You are having a laugh. This pathetic event should not take place. I would not waste my time voting for this hopeless, gutless, soulless, talentless rag bag of a team. May as well vote for Floyd or Harvey or whatever they are called under this regime. Only the most trainspotting saddos would support this non event.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    se9addick said:

Will Katrien be attending ?

Hasn't decided, she thinks £37 might be a bit steep.
    Shouldn't be a problem there put it on expenses add it to the loss for the year and stick it on the loan. On second thoughts tell her she's not invited.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

se9addick said:

Will Katrien be attending ?

Hasn't decided, she thinks £37 might be a bit steep.
    Shouldn't be a problem there put it on expenses add it to the loss for the year and stick it on the loan. On second thoughts tell her she's not invited.
    Give her a break, apparently she's not getting paid !
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Really enjoyed the 8 years on the spin I attended these, missed the last 2 due to circumstances. The food has always been pretty awful for vegetarians, one year I just couldn't even attempt to eat it as the smell was disgusting, never did find out what it was meant to be.....
    Never really eaten dessert, so, was really paying for the evening to be in the company of "my heroes".
    Was thinking of attending this year, just to see if RD, KM or RM turn up, but now living in Leysdown, it would work out very expensive for a couple of hours.

Good luck to @FannyFanackapan and @killerjerrylee and all who have organised the event, hope it is a success for you guys.
  • Options
    No flies on our Bournemouth :wink: .
  • Options
    Re the quality of the food. Buy your ticket on a credit card. If the food's bad, complain there and then and send it back. When you get home, claim the money back from your credit card company.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hold the event away from the Valley, without any players - embarrassment for the club.
    The players don't want to come anyway - they know they have played crap, and whoever picks up the trophy is going to start his speech with " I am sorry......"

No reflection on the organisers - they obviously have costs beyond their control (Delaware North etc), but in reality this could be a miserable evening with only a handful of players and the team bottom of the league for £37.
  • Options
    Host it in Nandos at The O2, or get it delivered to The Indigo. Not only will it be cheeky, but probably a bit more chilled.

Stick in a house DJ and you've got the perfect evening.
  • Options
    This as Henry posted........
    Ian and Jean are victims of the ludicrous deal that Ben Kensell did with NDS and that KM allowed to happen because she didn't read the small print or think about the consequences of outsourcing just like she didn't realise that other kit providers wouldn't run the shop or that the people who sold the programmes also owned the stands that the programmes were sold from. Bad management and lack of questioning beyond the headline figure.

I think with the exception of the Museum, any Catering has to go through the clubs suppliers?

The only alternative might be the Oak, or the village pubs, but that would be difficult to organise at this stage, and is away from the Valley, as mentioned. Jean and Ian are in a very awkward situation, obviously they want to retain 'ownership' and keep it in the remit as a supporters event.
    Sorry I cannot be more constructive, I know the issues when I was in the trust organising events, never easy and always someone quick to complain. ( last year it appears to be KM! ) Good luck guys
  • Options
    Crossbars with Lady T on the decks - sorted.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Regardless of the discontent at the club, Deleware charging £37 a head for the most basic of 2-course dinners is absolutely hilarious. What does that break down, £12 starter, £25 mains ?

I know you shouldn't compare, but a quick look on Buyagift shows you can get a 3 course meal, with drinks, for less that £25 at top London hotels such as the Wardolf and Hilton, or top restaurants like Marco Pierre White. laughable.

Or 74 Mars Bars in me shop up Grove Park, next to the BR station......
    It may be that you are out of touch with how much shops contiguous with railway stations charge for a Mars Bar.
    Is this the first-ever use of "contiguous" on a football forum?
    No, I think you're the second....

But you were nearly there first. :smile:
  • Options
    The players don't deserve this event, and 37 quid is a fucking farce
  • Options

We've booked up for this, because we feel Jean & Ian deserve our support.

I can't believe Meire will turn up, but if she does so be it. I intend to have a word.

There is no way that Meire will attend, that is unless she surrounds herself with heavies. She won't risk either being booed, being abused, or having a tired and emotional player publicly tell her what they all think of her. Everyone should have their phones on video record standby just in case though ...
  • Options
    To be fair, they got away with charging £37 for a 'gold' game in the west stand this season, and a shitty meal and cup of lukewarm coffee beats that any day of the week....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't forget to throw a couple of bread rolls at Daisy and her 'SMT' ...if they turn up :wink:
  • Options
    I don't understand anyone going to this sort of event, I've never been and never would.
    The fans who go, why?
    To eat with people who have no connection with them. To meet the management. Or to enjoy the food. Or to brown nose.
    Baffles me. Do the club ever honour the fans, no. And this year particularly, I can't see any reason to attend.
  • Options

I attend because it's a great evening, where you join fellow fans & the players.

You can chat with all the players and take as many photos as you like.

If you've never been, then of course you wouldn't know.

Why would I want photos of footballers eating?
  • Options
    iainment said:

I don't understand anyone going to this sort of event, I've never been and never would.
    The fans who go, why?
    To eat with people who have no connection with them. To meet the management. Or to enjoy the food. Or to brown nose.
    Baffles me. Do the club ever honour the fans, no. And this year particularly, I can't see any reason to attend.

I said this earlier in the thread but it is my understanding that the event is put by fans for the fans and the players attend. How anyone can sit in the same room as KM, RM, TK or any other fuck wit that is running our club is beyond me but it seems it must be worth it.
  • Options
    iainment said:

The fans who go, why?

Strange comment to make. Why would fans want to brown nose any player????
  • Options

iainment said:

I attend because it's a great evening, where you join fellow fans & the players.

You don't take photos whilst eating (obviously).

When the meal & awards are complete, you are free to mingle, chat & take photos.

It's a great night.

I nearly didn't attend because I thought KM will be there.

However, if she is there, I will take the opportunity to speak to her.

iainment said:

You don't take photos whilst eating (obviously).

When the meal & awards are complete, you are free to mingle, chat & take photos.

It's a great night.

I nearly didn't attend because I thought KM will be there.

However, if she is there, I will take the opportunity to speak to her.
    Whatever.