Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POTY DINNER

Comments

• Options
    Would love to be charged £37 per head for my Wedding... Being charged £40 just for the meal alone let alone any drinks etc.
  • Options

Regardless of the discontent at the club, Deleware charging £37 a head for the most basic of 2-course dinners is absolutely hilarious. What does that break down, £12 starter, £25 mains ?

I know you shouldn't compare, but a quick look on Buyagift shows you can get a 3 course meal, with drinks, for less that £25 at top London hotels such as the Wardolf and Hilton, or top restaurants like Marco Pierre White. laughable.

Or 74 Mars Bars in me shop up Grove Park, next to the BR station......
    Why have you never told us about this shop of yours in Grove Park?
    Like I said before, man of mystery me pal
  • Options

Regardless of the discontent at the club, Deleware charging £37 a head for the most basic of 2-course dinners is absolutely hilarious. What does that break down, £12 starter, £25 mains ?

I know you shouldn't compare, but a quick look on Buyagift shows you can get a 3 course meal, with drinks, for less that £25 at top London hotels such as the Wardolf and Hilton, or top restaurants like Marco Pierre White. laughable.

Now about those 74 Mars Bars...

I've got about 50 people coming to my wedding, is there some sort of package you could provide for with food and drinks?
  • Options

Now about those 74 Mars Bars...

I've got about 50 people coming to my wedding, is there some sort of package you could provide for with food and drinks?
    Forget the Mars, what about crepes, do ya a deal? *Scuse the typo*

• Options

seth plum said:

I am really sorry to write this, because i am aware of the good intentions behind organizing this event.
    However £37 for a two course 'meal' of very questionable quality (going by last year) is not a temptation.
    I presume Deleware catering will be doing it, and if their attitude is basically one that they're doing us a favour even taking the gig, then that attitude will like as not pervade their approach to the food, where they will bung out any old semi-grub and that's that.
    It might work at a lower price, but at £37 the food expectations are high, and those expectations were not met by the fare on offer last year.

But KM might be there. With a few pissed fans the entertainment value would be worth the price.
    If she weren't there,I'd ask for me dough back
  • Options
    msomerton said:

How much will it cost to sit with Katrien at this event, you all must be looking forward to that.

Surely @cabbles will have that table booked already....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    I really feel for the organisers, giving up their time, as they know if it gets dropped this year, we might never see it again, its probably the last thing on the fans minds right now, and the player of the year award should be a celebration & respect given to the players who have laid their bodies on the line & travelled the length & bredth of the country for this once great club, sadly at the moment its a reflection of the way the club is / has been run that fans are losing interest, because they don't like whats being served up.

Can we have a food fight instead?
  • Options

It may be that you are out of touch with how much shops contiguous with railway stations charge for a Mars Bar.
  • Options
    Even in such a dismal season, we can support our club and acknowledge the efforts of the players who have given their best despite all the disappointments

Can't agree with this you can name three maybe four who have genuinely tried the rest have been crap and shown no fight and honestly if the players want us behind them then the very bare minimum they can give is 100% effort and committment and that has been lacking on many occasions this season. Don't get me wrong I want this regime out as much as the next supporter but it's the players who kick the ball for 90 minutes and they haven't excatly excelled this season have they?
  • Options

Are DNC really charging the organisers £37 per head - If so that is incredible, do you know what is on the menu?
  • Options
    garfield said:

Are DNC really charging the organisers £37 per head - If so that is incredible, do you know what is on the menu?
    It's payback time for the reduction in sales on the concourses.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Definitely feel we should give this our full support.

1. The fans have organised it, let's show this mob that whilst they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery we at least can.

2. It's a time to vent our true anger at the so called management team, both those on and off the pitch.

3. It's a time to tell some of the players exactly what we think of them, in of course a cool calm and polite manner!

4. It may well be the last event for us supporters for a while (well until these Belgian wankers have gone anyway)

5. I suspect the club won't make a great deal of money out of it (particularly if we sneak our own drinks in).

This will be OK, us organising it ourselves, if we can hire caterers who are NOT Delaware catering.

The pancake offer above is a good one at about £4 a head. Bar takings would be good on top of that. This makes me think £10 a ticket would be fair.
    However I suspect the organisers have been told to use Delaware Catering who will basically rip us off to the tune (after my unscientific estimated costs) of £20 per head. That would probably end up as a £5000 clear profit for Delaware for one single event.

That money might do more good in the protest fund.
  • Options
    Wonder what the vegetarian option is?? £37 is extortionate.
  • Options
    Last year the vegetarian offer was some kind of re heated pastry based thing surrounding grey slop. I believe it was accompanied by two tiny roast potato cubes and a couple of stalks of very sorry looking broccoli.
    The afters was some kind of heated pie with cream or ice cream or something. I believe I remember coffee too, and some free water.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    POTY dinner? Seriously?
  • Options

I hope our senior management team will be there, time to unleash hell.

What does 'Hell" look like at a dinner in the Fans' Bar?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Come and find out.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Last year the vegetarian offer was some kind of re heated pastry based thing surrounding grey slop. I believe it was accompanied by two tiny roast potato cubes and a couple of stalks of very sorry looking broccoli.
    The afters was some kind of heated pie with cream or ice cream or something. I believe I remember coffee too, and some free water.

Sounds tempting Seth :smiley:
  • Options

PL54 said:

Come and find out.
    I went to the sponsors' dinner a couple of year's back - not keen to go again.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Sitting down at the table and seeing the name "PL54" on the seating plan next to you.
    Lame attempt
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

So lame you flagged him.

Hello