Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POTY DINNER

Comments

• Options
    cafcfan said:

Regardless of the discontent at the club, Deleware charging £37 a head for the most basic of 2-course dinners is absolutely hilarious. What does that break down, £12 starter, £25 mains ?

I know you shouldn't compare, but a quick look on Buyagift shows you can get a 3 course meal, with drinks, for less that £25 at top London hotels such as the Wardolf and Hilton, or top restaurants like Marco Pierre White. laughable.

Or 74 Mars Bars in me shop up Grove Park, next to the BR station......
    It may be that you are out of touch with how much shops contiguous with railway stations charge for a Mars Bar.
    Spent the last 15 years trying to forget it
  • Options

Can you confirm that the ticket office will definitely be open at 0900 on 14 Mar?

Actually , errrr, no !

Communication IS our strength but on this occasion, it appears that Samson 's hair has been shorn...

The Ticket Office will be taking bookings from 10.30am on Monday 14th March.

• Options
    cancel it
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

garfield said:

Regardless of the discontent at the club, Deleware charging £37 a head for the most basic of 2-course dinners is absolutely hilarious. What does that break down, £12 starter, £25 mains ?

I know you shouldn't compare, but a quick look on Buyagift shows you can get a 3 course meal, with drinks, for less that £25 at top London hotels such as the Wardolf and Hilton, or top restaurants like Marco Pierre White. laughable.

Are DNC really charging the organisers £37 per head - If so that is incredible, do you know what is on the menu?
    It's payback time for the reduction in sales on the concourses.
    I don't think there will be too much payback somehow !
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Not been to one of these shindigs since 98, so regardless who's the owner, CEO, Manager, I wouldn't be attending anyway.

However, a couple of people have worked their wotsits off to make sure the club don't hijack it and have the event under their control.

Be respectful to the organisers. They are between a rock and a hard place on this one.

Bloody hell @shirty5 - what a year to pick !
  • Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

I hope our senior management team will be there, time to unleash hell.

What does 'Hell" look like at a dinner in the Fans' Bar?
    Sitting down at the table and seeing the name "PL54" on the seating plan next to you.
    Lame attempt
    Come off it, that was top work and you know it
  • Options
    Roger Johnson for me
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I hope our senior management team will be there, time to unleash hell.

What does 'Hell" look like at a dinner in the Fans' Bar?
    The vegetarian option...

So @seth plum says.
  • Options

msomerton said:

How much will it cost to sit with Katrien at this event, you all must be looking forward to that.

Surely @cabbles will have that table booked already....
    It would make the evening to see Cabbles sitting with KM, bundle of printed emails in hand...
  • Options
    POTY should be cancelled in relegation seasons for obvious reasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon they should give the POTY award to Seb.

I'm not joking, whoever gets picked should be embarrassed to pick up the trophy, so give it to a fan who has had to endure the dross. I cannot think of many more worthy than Seb(or his brother Ollie).
  • Options

I'm not joking, whoever gets picked should be embarrassed to pick up the trophy, so give it to a fan who has had to endure the dross. I cannot think of many more worthy than Seb(or his brother Ollie).

What about me for one?
  • Options

What about me for one?
    Ah, okay, you get the bronze medal!
  • Options

What about me for one?
    Ah, okay, you get the bronze medal!
    Bronze!?

Shove it Elfy
  • Options

I agree to an extent, even in other previous poor years there has been one player that probably just about deserved it. Even the usual suspects like Cousins & Solly haven't really played well enough to deserve the accolade this year.
  • Options
    It's a misstep doing this. The general I'll feeling, the price, it'd be better to jack it in for now.
  • Options

It's lucky there are still fans who don't use this forum or others, and will support this event. Those who talk about wanting "their" club back, but will not support an event run by fans for fans do amaze me. I know it's not been a good season, to put it mildly, but I've seen just as bad, or even worse, in my time. We should be showing the regime that we respect tradition and enjoy a good social event. Fanny and co. work very hard to ensure all goes well on the night, who will take it on when they get fed up with the apathy I don't know. It won't be any of those boycotting will it? Before anyone asks, yes, I am going! I also intend to enjoy myself!

It's not really being "run by fans" though, is it ? It's being organised by fans but presumably they have had no say over the venue, catering or ticket price ? How much of that £37 is going towards helping the club fulfil its contractual obligations to Delaware north ?
  • Options
    @HantsAddick , do you think the fans would be allowed to use caterers that are not Delaware North?
  • Options

What about me for one?
    Why do you want him to give you one????

I am sure that you have more than enough "awards" already. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

@HantsAddick , do you think the fans would be allowed to use caterers that are not Delaware North?

Not a cat in hells chance, they have exclusivity at the club and are losing a fortune as it is!
  • Options
    garfield said:

seth plum said:

Not a cat in hells chance, they have exclusivity at the club and are losing a fortune as it is!
    Looks as if they will recoup a lot of those losses.

FYI

The basic state pension is £115.95 per week.

Average council tax in London is about £25 per week.
    Similarly the average energy bill is about £25 per week.
    Water is about £8 per week.
    TV Licence is about £3 per week.
    Average phone/TV/broadband is about £17 per week.

Leave out housing costs, transport, insurance, food bills and so on.

Delaware North reckon that £37, actually lets say it's £30 per head for them, is a good price to pay for;

One of these at £1 each
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/ready-meals--pies---pastries/linda-mccartney-cheese--leeks---red-onion-plaits-340g

Plus a bit of potato, a bit of broccoli, a bit of apple pie, a bit of ice cream, and a coffee which would be no more than £2.50.
    Add heating, cleaning, serving, storage costs prior to the event of, say, £6.50 per head.
    Whichever way you look at it Delaware North get about £20 per person free and clear from the POTY event.

For somebody with the disposable income remaining from the basic state pension Delaware North, even at £15 per person free and clear, are taking 10% of a weekly old age pension just for their greedy dreary foul tasting selves, leaving aside that the individual is actually stumping up a lot more to cover all the costs.

This might be all well and good if the food was decent, but Delaware North serve up food that a pig might balk at.

Delaware North say on their website:

Delaware North's world-class food service management is praised by our guests for excellence and innovation. From baseball to black-tie balls, we've gathered culinary talent that rivals the world's best.
    As a leader in food service management, we operate some of the busiest and most famous kitchens in the world. And by giving our chefs the freedom to create culinary masterpieces using fresh, local ingredients and exotic flavors, we’ve been able to keep our guests hungry for more. But don’t take our word for it. Taste for yourself.

- See more at: http://www.delawarenorth.com/services/food-service#sthash.D9A6gwN0.dpuf

I would rather the Valley Cafe did the catering, or the stall opposite the club shop.
    Or the chip shop in Charlton Village where you would certainly get more than 14 chips per person.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

garfield said:

seth plum said:

Looks as if they will recoup a lot of those losses.

FYI

The basic state pension is £115.95 per week.

Average council tax in London is about £25 per week.
    Similarly the average energy bill is about £25 per week.
    Water is about £8 per week.
    TV Licence is about £3 per week.
    Average phone/TV/broadband is about £17 per week.

Leave out housing costs, transport, insurance, food bills and so on.

Delaware North reckon that £37, actually lets say it's £30 per head for them, is a good price to pay for;

One of these at £1 each
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/ready-meals--pies---pastries/linda-mccartney-cheese--leeks---red-onion-plaits-340g

Plus a bit of potato, a bit of broccoli, a bit of apple pie, a bit of ice cream, and a coffee which would be no more than £2.50.
    Add heating, cleaning, serving, storage costs prior to the event of, say, £6.50 per head.
    Whichever way you look at it Delaware North get about £20 per person free and clear from the POTY event.

For somebody with the disposable income remaining from the basic state pension Delaware North, even at £15 per person free and clear, are taking 10% of a weekly old age pension just for their greedy dreary foul tasting selves, leaving aside that the individual is actually stumping up a lot more to cover all the costs.

This might be all well and good if the food was decent, but Delaware North serve up food that a pig might balk at.

Delaware North say on their website:

Delaware North's world-class food service management is praised by our guests for excellence and innovation. From baseball to black-tie balls, we've gathered culinary talent that rivals the world's best.
    As a leader in food service management, we operate some of the busiest and most famous kitchens in the world. And by giving our chefs the freedom to create culinary masterpieces using fresh, local ingredients and exotic flavors, we’ve been able to keep our guests hungry for more. But don’t take our word for it. Taste for yourself.

- See more at: http://www.delawarenorth.com/services/food-service#sthash.D9A6gwN0.dpuf

I would rather the Valley Cafe did the catering, or the stall opposite the club shop.
    Or the chip shop in Charlton Village where you would certainly get more than 14 chips per person.

Been very disappointed with Charlton Village chips this season.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

I know a lot of hard work goes into these events and have heard that if we don't have one we may loose them forever but can't help but feel a Supporter Of The Year event held at an alternate venue raising money for similar causes would receive more support.

It could show recognition for Seb, the St Truiden 20 and others on here, the glitz to the event could be provided by ex-players happy to fly against the regime.

But I know organise it myself etc...

Ian and others put a lot of effort into the night but right now I see Delaware North as indicative of the regime and would not want to pass a penny to them.

I doubt the club would agree to the players attending if the organisers tried to arrange a different venue and caterers.
  • Options
    I did say ex-players there are plenty out there that sympathise with our lamentable current situation.

I wouldn't imagine any of the current squad getting involved
  • Options
    Will Katrien be attending ?