Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jorge Teixeira (The Fly) signed from Standard Liege - 4 1/2 year contact

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Would be good to have a machine to morph Teixeria, Johnson and Williams into one player , we would then have a defender who could tackle, run and have Championship experience.

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps you have finally stumbled upon Roly's real masterplan?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Nah, with the competence our owner's have they'd end up like this.

Still looks an improvement on the performances!!
  • Options
    The Boys from Brazil.
  • Options
    Stig said:

We would finally have a player that frightens the life out of the opposition, though maybe in the wrong sort of way.
  • Options

Perhaps you have finally stumbled upon Roly's real masterplan?

At the risk of being seen to support the machine, if RD's masterplan is genetic manipulation of existing human beings, I'm for it. We're clearly not very good at football, so why not try genetics?
  • Options
    Teixilliamson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Stig said:

Christ,Gary Dohertys let himself go a bit
    Is that who it is? I thought it was Iain Dowie!
  • Options
    Stig said:

That would walk into our team. If it could.
  • Options
    I've heard that Fly's first comments in the dressing room were... C'mon you've just gotta suck it up!!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I saw a Youtube video of him.

Really unspectacular. Not averse to just smashing it into the crowd. Fairly no-frills really.

It seems we have tried to recruit ball-playing centre backs and maybe a spot of old-fashioned "Ave it" is needed sometimes. In Riga I trust

Yep. Would rather it was in Row Z than with a Striker one on one with Hendo following a Naby Sarr air-kick or a Rhys Williams Dilly-Dally!
  • Options
    Let's respect Jorge for a moment and get his name right: it's Jorge Teixeira.
    So much for the Douchebag learning his lesson about recruiting foreigners!! For the effingmost eff's sake, yet another never made it anywhere continental cast-off. Oi you septuagenarian nutjob JT might be Portuguese and his first name is Jorge but that don't mean he's actually Jorge Costa!! Obviously we hope he's maybe half as good a quarter of the time cos that will make him twenty times the player Johnson, Williams and Barr could be rolled into one, downhill with the wind behind them.
    I've got everything crossed that JT is decent and the rumour is true that he's signed but 1) he needs to be fit and fantastic and 2) the first of probably half a dozen similar quality signings for JR to have any realistic chance of rustling up 31 or more points from the remaining games.
    I reckon we've actually slipped through The Looking Glass and now the Mad Hatter and his teaparty friends are looking at us like we're the projections of a chemically cracked hallucinating mind - I for one ain't enjoying this trip one little bit.
    Wibble
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I saw a Youtube video of him.

Really unspectacular. Not averse to just smashing it into the crowd. Fairly no-frills really.

It seems we have tried to recruit ball-playing centre backs and maybe a spot of old-fashioned "Ave it" is needed sometimes. In Riga I trust

Isn't that what Johnson is meant to be? Would never call him a ball-playing centre back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope he's able to marshal that defence with the incompetence alongside him...
  • Options
    Sounds like a popular player then
  • Options
    http://nycfcwatch.sportsblog.com/posts/10930768/nycfc-target-jorge-teixeira-to-sign-with-charlton-athletic.html

Apparently we've beaten New York City and Flamengo (Brazil) to his signature... Will be a 3.5 year Contract, they dont seem to learn with Contract lengths especially as he'll be around 33 when that ends
  • Options
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jorge-teixeira/profil/spieler/59791

Has only missed four matches for Standard Liege this season as well
  • Options

http://nycfcwatch.sportsblog.com/posts/10930768/nycfc-target-jorge-teixeira-to-sign-with-charlton-athletic.html

Apparently we've beaten New York City and Flamengo (Brazil) to his signature... Will be a 3.5 year Contract, they dont seem to learn with Contract lengths especially as he'll be around 33 when that ends

Probably the only way we could get him to sign on the dotted line though unfortunately.
  • Options

Probably the only way we could get him to sign on the dotted line though unfortunately.
    Wouldnt surprise me, a player who could sign for an English club for a year or go to the MLS and earn maybe that little bit more