Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's the latest on the redevelopment of the Training Ground?

Comments

• Options

Swisdom said:

Now, I'm normally one of the first people to criticise the club about signings etc, but having watched the update video I do have to admit to being surprised at the amount of work that is being done & the money that is being spent on the project. Obviously we would like more to be spent on improving the team, but fairs fair, at least something is being done to upgrade the pitches & putting in new drainage & water irrigation. Looks very impressive & I doubt any other League 1, or Championship teams for that matter, have the number & quality of training pitches.

I know times have moved on (a lot) but think back to the 70's & 80's and how & where players trained - most were just on a strip of land behind the stadium or car park......on even on the actual pitch & the reason why they were mud baths from December onwards (the scenes from The Damned United shows both)

In this instance I think we should at least congratulate the club on doing something right.

they have dug a hole, about two years late, yeah well done.

Yep. That's all they've done. Dug a hole. There's a bit more to it than that
    This hole is it round or is it square?
    #i-b-b-o-r-g is looking into it
  • Options

Now, I'm normally one of the first people to criticise the club about signings etc, but having watched the update video I do have to admit to being surprised at the amount of work that is being done & the money that is being spent on the project. Obviously we would like more to be spent on improving the team, but fairs fair, at least something is being done to upgrade the pitches & putting in new drainage & water irrigation. Looks very impressive & I doubt any other League 1, or Championship teams for that matter, have the number & quality of training pitches.

I know times have moved on (a lot) but think back to the 70's & 80's and how & where players trained - most were just on a strip of land behind the stadium or car park......on even on the actual pitch & the reason why they were mud baths from December onwards (the scenes from The Damned United shows both)

In this instance I think we should at least congratulate the club on doing something right.

F*** 'em!
  • Options
    I went through there last night and wondered why there were a load of cars with caravans going past one on Footscray Road.
  • Options
    I was in Lakeside a couple of Saturdays ago, popped into Frankie & Benny's for a bit of brekki and the bailiffs were kicking the pikies out of a car park next door.

I ate my brekkie, pulled out the car park to go to IKEA and when I pulled into the IKEA car park all the pikies had pulled in there and were setting up their gas bottles and generators.

You couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    I’m down at the training ground tomorrow with the kids for a 2 hour training session the club are putting on for the young addicks
  • Options
    They cerainly know about trenches in Belgium of course. Safe hands... praise the Lord!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

Trump will have finished the Mexico border wall before Roland finishes the training ground. Even the new LHR runway will be built.

What about HS2?
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Trump will have finished the Mexico border wall before Roland finishes the training ground. Even the new LHR runway will be built.

What about HS2?
    Yup, that and HS3!
  • Options

I’m down at the training ground tomorrow with the kids for a 2 hour training session the club are putting on for the young addicks

Me too
  • Options
    This is one of the images of the proposed new look of the training ground, paid for by the Lookman money and sorted out by Tony Keohane.

Is it looking like this now, we've had long enough?

• Options
    Substation is in place....other works relating to power in the next few days.

Once the infrastructure bits are done then the pretty stuff can start
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

And the timescale is...?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

And the timescale is...?
    When we are sold.
    Not under this numpty
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
    seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

And the timescale is...?
    seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

And the timescale is...?
    No idea. Only know about the bits We see and are advising on ie the building services and utilities
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

And the timescale is...?
    seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

And the timescale is...?
    No idea. Only know about the bits We see and are advising on ie the building services and utilities
    Do you honestly think it will happen at all?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

And the timescale is...?
    seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

And the timescale is...?
    Hope - yes
    Think - unsure.

If there’s a takeover it might all change but if RD stays on ....who knows

The utilities work ongoing has been expensive though so why bother if you wouldn’t see it through? Obviously the bulk of the cost is construction of the complex but it’s not insignificant expenditure so far.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

And the timescale is...?
    seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

And the timescale is...?
    Hope - yes
    Think - unsure.

If there’s a takeover it might all change but if RD stays on ....who knows

The utilities work ongoing has been expensive though so why bother if you wouldn’t see it through? Obviously the bulk of the cost is construction of the complex but it’s not insignificant expenditure so far.

Thanks Swisdom. Can you clarify where we are on the critical path so we have an idea of progress?

• Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    So, (craning my neck at 90 degrees) handover was should have been, December 2016 - have i got that right? I assume this is an official cafc document.
    We always knew it was way behind schedule, seeing the figures in black and white though really makes it plain how incompetent our 'Dynamic duo' are.

Always thought the building was the best thing this regime would do. Now I would much rather he sold up ( the stadium MUST be included) and we have to take our chances with a new owner.

At the present rate of progress, when its finally finished myself (and a few others) might well be looking down from 'the great stadium in the sky' !
  • Options
    Interesting that they proposed to start on site with the major works in October (2015), which suggests there's no reason they couldn't start now in terms of phasing the work around first-team activity.

While it's fair to say there has been an outlay on facilitating works, the expenditure on the rugby club ground doesn't bear on the first team and academy aspects of the project. Why isn't work starting immediately?