Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's the latest on the redevelopment of the Training Ground?

Comments

• Options
    Nope. Just fuck off you Belgian twats!
  • Options
    I think 3blokes, a shovel and a coffin.
  • Options
    Good to see SA stating how important Valley Gold contributions were. I noticed at the end that all works were to be complete in 2018, do they mean all the works or just phase 2?
  • Options
    IF this stuff turns out to be true then good, although it is about time too.

I think it falls into about three parts.

One is the timeframe for completion, which we know is way behind schedule, and may still drag on into the future, but if it eventually gets finished it is needed.

Two is the obvious benefit and simple good thing to do for the club generally. It would be churlish in the extreme not to recognise the positives in the proper development of Sparrows Lane providing that the principle objective of development and adding value is to benefit our first team.

Three is how it gets paid for. I understand there were funds and grants available before, I don't know if they play a part now. So it will be either an act of utter benevolence by Mr Duchatelet to leave a nice physical legacy in South East London, or it will be debt loaded onto the club which will have to be called in eventually.
  • Options
    The OS article spells out the phases. Planning consent for phase 2 was only given last week.
  • Options
    Great news , does it mean we're not a dull shit footy team to watch in the third tier of English football
  • Options
    Pleased this is moving along.

I think the real return on his investment that Roland expects is not the 3% interest but the millions he thinks he can generate from Charlton's academy kids being sold to Premiership clubs.

We need a good training ground regardless of the owners ambitions for us - but the sad truth of the matter is that whatever Roland does, we as a club are screwed. Sooner he is gone the better.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

The OS article spells out the phases. Planning consent for phase 2 was only given last week.

@Crusty54 I don't think it does

Planning permission was granted a long time ago for the main football club building on which no work appears to have taken place and of which there appears to be no mention in the video.

Was appears to have been granted last week was permission for some of the community side with CACT and Footscray.

I can't see how we are closer to having a Cat 1 academy as the facilities mentioned are for CACT.

We have the 3g pitches but they have been there for a while now.

Happy to be corrected but that is how I read it.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I wish I could get excited about this.

After nearly three years under Duchatelet's miserable term the cynic in me says two things immediately:-
    1) He has added value to the sale price of the club by gaining permission for phase 2.
    2) He has signalled he will be here until 2018 - if he is serious about sustaining his support for the Training Ground.

I was always an optimist before Duchatelet's ownership but his record of disappointments has left me totally disillusioned concerning his true agenda for the future of our club under his stewardship.

I only hope Footscray RC are not in for a few unplesant surprises after getting into bed with him.

Sorry to be so negative but it's hard for me to feel anything positive under this guy.
  • Options
    Hmm. The reason I don't want this to be a smokescreen is that once built it stays here.
    If it is a cynical announcement containing nothing new then it would be yet another example of how badly we are run.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016

Crusty54 said:

@Crusty54 I don't think it does

Planning permission was granted a long time ago for the main football club building on which no work appears to have taken place and of which there appears to be no mention in the video.

Was appears to have been granted last week was permission for some of the community side with CACT and Footscray.

I can't see how we are closer to having a Cat 1 academy as the facilities mentioned are for CACT.

We have the 3g pitches but they have been there for a while now.

Happy to be corrected but that is how I read it.
    The story is a PR smokescreen. The club has had permission for the works on its site - including the community scheme element - and the access it asked for since September 2015. The latest permission has nothing at all to do with the football club and nothing at all to do with achieving category one. It's good for CACT and therefore a good thing, but doesn't represent any progress in the scheme as it affects the football club nor explain the contradictions in what they have said publicly in the past.

If you look at the red line on the FRC planning application map, which is the site covered by the application, only a tiny part of it is on Charlton land (enabling road access from the FRC car park to the CAFC one) and the new CAFC community building isn't even within it, never mind being part of the new permission.
  • Options
    Just more spin - rolling out the women's team and the Community Trust in support - to try to deflect from the protests. Why else would they trot this out just before a match, when they ought to be focused on selling tickets and getting everything ready. If they really think that anyone who opposes them and is coming to protest will be deflected from doing so, they are bonkers.

At best it will give the few pro-regimers a bit of a warm glow, and may make a few neutrals think twice, but everyone against the regime will see this for what it is - spin.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Well, we all know a man who's in the know on all this. But I'm not asking him because he gets the ump with me.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Well, we all know a man who's in the know on all this. But I'm not asking him because he gets the ump with me.

And I'm on holiday :wink:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

And I'm on holiday :wink:

What with KM again
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    It is now due to be completed in 2018 and will be more than 1 year later than planned.

This is due to a number of reasons including the fact that we were relegated. There were other delaying factors such as improved access was needed for the construction vehicles (now resolved).

Source - Keohane.
  • Options
    My understanding is that the big announcement is because of Footscray Rugby Club's planning approval, and nothing to do with a surge on behalf of the club.
    I will be cautious here because I might be mistaken, but the planning approval heralded by the club last week, was in it's simplest terms about an access road, and all the stuff about pitches and nice things was not in the planning approval just given, but associated with other stuff.
    As i say I am no real authority on all this, and if anybody has a clear picture I would be glad to hear it.
  • Options
    Here's hoping.
  • Options
    Keohane was asked if the main building and tahe whole projet would be completed in 2018 (two years late) regardless of if we stayed in league 1 or went down to league 2 and he said yes.

So we'll hold you to that Tony.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Keohane was asked if the main building and tahe whole projet would be completed in 2018 (two years late) regardless of if we stayed in league 1 or went down to league 2 and he said yes.

So we'll hold you to that Tony.

I hope we don't because that will mean he is still here
  • Options
    https://pitchcare.com/magazine/charlton-athletic-s-training-ground-on-course-for-revamp.html

This is probably just revamped old news but thought that I would post it anyway.

Quote from article:
    Charlton Athletic's training ground on course for revamp

Charlton Athletic's legendary Sparrows Lane training complex is well on course for its multi-million pound upgrade.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

So Keohane said on record that delays were due to 'drainage and parking issues', yet this article is clearly saying delays were because of 'legal reasons'.

So have contracts now been exchanged? Is the main contractor in a position to commence construction? Are all the sub-contractors in place? Have the orders been made for materials?

I doubt this very much, particularly as the H&S Executive have no current recorded F10 certification for this site required for the Construction phase to comply with the 2015 CDM Regulations.

That's because CAFC would have to get the F10 and we all know how good our SMT is a getting things done.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Addickted said:

So Keohane said on record that delays were due to 'drainage and parking issues', yet this article is clearly saying delays were because of 'legal reasons'.

So have contracts now been exchanged? Is the main contractor in a position to commence construction? Are all the sub-contractors in place? Have the orders been made for materials?

I doubt this very much, particularly as the H&S Executive have no current recorded F10 certification for this site required for the Construction phase to comply with the 2015 CDM Regulations.

That's because CAFC would have to get the F10 and we all know how good our SMT is a getting things done.
    That's the delay then... Daisy's been sitting there hitting the F10 key on her keyboard and nothings happening!
    That's what I was thinking too..!!
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUoGjLBqoD0

some great shots of tractors and small mounds of soil.

I wonder what Footscray rugby club are putting in for the development? seems unfair that Roland has to stump up all the cash.
  • Options
    It is good to see something, although I am no expert in these matters, and wonder why it has taken so long to scrape up some earth, seeing all the new buildings would be impressive, or their footprints, or the plans even.
    This video is rather a new departure, so it made me smile that they used the word 'continue', this is probably the first such video, and politically I would assume that the regime thinks it will help their credibility.
  • Options
    Has it really taken 3 years to dig up a bit of grass?