Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's the latest on the redevelopment of the Training Ground?

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

makes you realise how much Roland will cash in if we don't get him out!

Also makes you realise how much he's pumping into the club to build and redevelop.

He may be a total C-bomb, but it can't be denied that this was a great move by the Rat.
    3% interest a year mate! don't forget! it Is all a LOAN

We also had this confirmed out in Belgium! and SL still owe him cash! PLUS interest! also confirmed!
  • Options
    One word. Good.
  • Options
    Cue RD selling the training ground to Palace when it is done ;)
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Dazzler21 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Also makes you realise how much he's pumping into the club to build and redevelop.

He may be a total C-bomb, but it can't be denied that this was a great move by the Rat.

We also had this confirmed out in Belgium! and SL still owe him cash! PLUS interest! also confirmed!
    It's business mate!

If you had £100k sitting in a deposit account and lent the whole lot to me over a period of years, would you be happy for me to pay it back with 0% interest?
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Dazzler21 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

It's business mate!

If you had £100k sitting in a deposit account and lent the whole lot to me over a period of years, would you be happy for me to pay it back with 0% interest?
    Like Abramovic has done?
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Dazzler21 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

It's business mate!

Like Abramovic has done?
    I was going to say the same :)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Essex_Al said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Dazzler21 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

It's business mate!

I would be if I knew that thanks to my "loans" if you got a top job worth £100m even if you were rubbish and got sacked after a year I'd get to keep all the profit.

*no I don't have £100k to lend you before you ask.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

To fatten the stock for market.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Dazzler21 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

It's business mate!

A better analogy, surely would be, if I, having bought a house for £200k, had then lent £100k to myself at 3% interest. This loan is then repayable to me either on selling the house or by the new owners, if the house had failed to sell at a profit above that of both the original purchase price and my loans.

At least, that's what it looks like he is trying to do, as far as I can see....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 answers, but no one is going to lend me £100k at 0% interest so far :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Essex_Al said:

If you were my child (I know that's impossible because we played youth football in the same era) I would lend £100k to you at 0% gladly. Isn't the wicked witch of the West on record as saying Charlton, like all of his clubs, is treated as one of his (RD's) children ? :wink: .
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

In your analogy it would be Essex Al lending Essex Al £100k and then charging Essex Al 3% interest
  • Options
    No expert in these matters but isn't the whole point that if he lent Charlton the money at 0% interest then the tax man would effectively treat it as equity and so he would lose taxable benefits? Thought you always needed to charge a 'commercial' rate of interest to avoid this and c 3% was the given norm. As such it is just good business practice. Ultimately the interest is a red herring, if he ever gets that back it means he has got all his capital back and that seems a million years away.

Now we would all prefer he put the money into the club as equity but how many owners actually do this? Some have converted loans to equity (often to get around FFP), few have actually put it in as equity from the start.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

In your analogy it would be Essex Al lending Essex Al £100k and then charging Essex Al 3% interest
    Very reasonable!
  • Options

No expert in these matters but isn't the whole point that if he lent Charlton the money at 0% interest then the tax man would effectively treat it as equity and so he would lose taxable benefits? Thought you always needed to charge a 'commercial' rate of interest to avoid this and c 3% was the given norm. As such it is just good business practice. Ultimately the interest is a red herring, if he ever gets that back it means he has got all his capital back and that seems a million years away.

Now we would all prefer he put the money into the club as equity but how many owners actually do this? Some have converted loans to equity (often to get around FFP), few have actually put it in as equity from the start.

Very sensible AC, as I said before this is business not a benevolent fund!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Very reasonable!
    Ah but only if you can trust him, I hear that that @Essex_Al is a very shady individual....
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Very reasonable!
    Ah but only if you can trust him, I hear that that @Essex_Al is a very shady individual....
    I heard that too, I wouldn't lend the old git him a penny!
  • Options
    I don't think he has done what the glaziers dos which is to buy the club and then give the clubs holding company the debt so they effectively paid fuck all.

I think he has bought the club, written off or repaid some old debts and then invested but using some loans. Interest rate of 3% not outrageous and when you factor in the tax benefits he probably gets, it probably looks like closer to 5% return for him, if he ever gets paid the interest, or if not, the tax breaks are worth 2% anyway.

I don't have any issues with him investing by way of loan. Whether he gets his money back either loans or equity will depend upon what the club is worth after he has fucked it over. His loan principal is just as likely to get imparted as an equity investment, like me 'loaning' rather than giving £200 to a beggar.

I do have issues with his lack of ambition, his apparent lack of desire to provide good quality football and results, his continued employment of an incompetent CEO, and his rank choices for head coach, player and staff recruitment and retention.

Which is why he needs to go.
  • Options
    Just found out that as the works mean that a temporary one-way road layout around Sparrows Lane and Tiverton Drive area will be in place, the club are offering affected households complimentary tickets to the Derby match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just found out that as the works mean that a temporary one-way road layout around Sparrows Lane and Tiverton Drive area will be in place, the club are offering affected households complimentary tickets to the Derby match.

Looking to really alienate the affected residents then....
  • Options
    Sorry, the one-way thing is because of the upbeats walk.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Phase 2 'set to start' - a few pitches being built and a new road ...
    Non-committal in terms of new buildings etc
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Non-committal in terms of buildings etc

think this might be a commitment

Enhancement of the Charlton Athletic Community Trust area including:
    - Two new changing rooms
    - Classrooms
    - Consultation area
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

sammy391 said:

Non-committal in terms of buildings etc

think this might be a commitment

Enhancement of the Charlton Athletic Community Trust area including:
    - Two new changing rooms
    - Classrooms
    - Consultation area
    I mean new builds :wink:
  • Options
    That's a pretty good article and positive progress. Good news.
  • Options
    Good time to release it ahead of planned protests. PR maybe or is there actually a genuine commitment to it?
  • Options
    So are two blokes with a shovel expected to turn up at SL on Monday then?