Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Haim Unavailable On Saturday?

There are plenty of people on Facebook saying that he can't play on Saturday because of religious reasons?

Comments

• Options
    It's Yom Kippur so wouldn't be surprised.

"Jewish people traditionally observe this holy day with an approximate 25-hour period of fasting and intensive prayer, often spending most of the day in synagogue services."
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    He missed a west ham game back in 2010 due to Yom Kippur. I reckon it is true.
  • Options
    Some are saying it was confirmed by Bob Peeters after Norwich game.
  • Options

I'm not going into work tomorrow because Zeus told me on the Thursday of the 40th year, I need to stay at home and play fifa.

Lets see how that goes down with my boss.

Sorry but you are being completely disrespectful of Tal's religious beliefs there. Problem is that if he has been fasting for 24 hours he will be too weak to play.
  • Options

I'm not going into work tomorrow because Zeus told me on the Thursday of the 40th year, I need to stay at home and play fifa.

Football isn't played on Christmas or Easter in this country.
  • Options
    It was confirmed by Bob Peeters after the Norwich game, and he states it clearly in his interview on Player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair play. Religion comes first for him, he can have a rest and Morrison should be champing at the bit. On paper it’s one of the better fixtures for him to be missing as well.
  • Options

What is yon kippur?
    I thought it was a war, not a religious holiday.
    Any experts out there?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Yom+Kippur
  • Options
    first defeat here we come
  • Options
    WSS said:

I assume you're going into work on Christmas Day?
    That is a public holiday though - I have that off, but not for religious reasons.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

WSS said:

That is a public holiday though - I have that off, but not for religious reasons.
    Exactly right.
  • Options
    Maybe he can have the day off if he brings in one grain of evidence for his God to Bob Peeters. I think that's fair.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

WSS said:

Why do you think it's a public holiday in this Christian country?
    That is irrelevant, I have it off as it is a public holiday.
    If it was not a public holiday, I would not be having the day off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrOneLung said:

WSS said:

Yuletide?
  • Options
    Some teams train on Christmas Day.
  • Options
    If true. What's to say it's not written into his contract?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

WSS said:

That is irrelevant, I have it off as it is a public holiday.
    If it was not a public holiday, I would not be having the day off.
    Maybe he's slightly more religious than you?

I wonder how many devout Christians around the country would refuse to work on Christmas Day if a firm asked them to.
  • Options
    Can see this being sunk very soon
  • Options
    Can't see anyone having too much of a problem with this. Hope he enjoys the day.

Michael Morrison is a great Charlton servant and it would be good to see him playing again.