Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v. Charlton post-match views 2014

Kick in the balls this one.

1-0 up with only a few minutes and lose 2-1.

So many new faces and the heart of the team ripped out was always going to be interesting. Seemed to work for a while, but ran out of steam. Some will see this as an opportunity to have a go at Powell. Some won't.

Reza could have out us 2 up before halftime, but this is a season of could've, would've, should've's.

Keep it civil.

Comments

• Options
    Gutted but...

Better than expected.
  • Options
    Dervite sub was needless. Disrupted the defense and gave Wigan more space in the midfield. Bad decision.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Kick in the balls this one.

1-0 up with only a few minutes and lose 2-1.

So many new faces and the heart of the team ripped out was always going to be interesting. Seemed to work for a while, but ran out of steam. Some will see this as an opportunity to have a go at Powell. Some won't.

Reza could have out us 2 up before halftime, but this is a season of could've, would've, should've's.

Keep it civil.

I love Powell but people are allowed to criticise without it being an 'opportunity.' He got it wrong today.
  • Options
    We were expecting to lose this. So many had written it off. What a result it would have been. It wasn't to be. Keep the faith, Powell will save us.
  • Options
    That's tough to take.

Stick together, fans expected is to get beaten by a cricket score. Lost Wiggins early on which forced Lennon on out of position.

Stay positive.
  • Options
    We were absolutely shite in keeping possession we were asking for that. Powell will be gone tonight and I won't be annoyed . Boring Charlton
  • Options
    A result most were expecting.

Feels a lot worse the way it happened.
  • Options
    From what I heard while updating, we defended from as soon as we scored. Something like 16 corners or whatever it was is testament to that. The game plan was very much turn it into the Alamo, from what I gathered, and that wasn't right. Or fun to listen to. I think SCP got the subs wrong on this occasion; I'd've brought on Church for Sordell for instance. Urgh, it's just hard to take and I'm not thinking very clearly.
  • Options
    That could really kill us off, not easy for any team to take yet alone one thats in the bottom 3.
  • Options
    100% gutted thought we would get a hamering---was buzzing with 5 mins to go----and then typical of CAFC to kick you in the gonads.

we MUST beat Brum ---no siting back no shutting up shop--- we must win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you'd told me that we would be leading that Wigan team for 85 minutes, despite losing Wiggins and having to play a kid out of position in his place, I would have said you are dreaming. Gutting to lose, but in the circumstances that could have been much, much worse.
  • Options
    Difficult game, players not even knowing each other's names, Wiggy injured after a few mins...delighted we didn't lose that 5-0.
  • Options
    Can't expect the new players to immediately gel. However, we were in the relegation zone, so sticking with the same squad wasn't an option either.

Let's hope the players get to know each other during the week and give us something to cheer at the weekend.
  • Options
    FT Stat addicks first (warning - it don't make good reading!!)
    possession............32% - 68%
    shots on............... 2 - 7
    shots off.............. 3 - 21
    corners................ 3 - 14

GOALS................... 1 - 2
  • Options
    Absolutely fuming!i love the bloke but he has got it wrong too many times this season!i don't agree with his tactics at all!dervite and Pritchard are absolutely terrible,we need to just go out there with no fear!first half we were on top of them and created good chances...then we just curl up in a ball and sit back!just not on!...
  • Options
    Bugger.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    @PaddyP17 If we were defending from the time we scored, then surely bringing on Church, we still would have been defending. The problem was keeping the ball in possession. Was that a midfield issue? I'm not buying a link between Dervite and conceding. It didn't "HAVE" to be that way. But it was likely we'd concede at least one, because of all the possession Wigan had, which lead to attempts on goal. Who could have came on that would have helped with keeping the ball?

No matter how good our new arrivals are, none had even met prior to yesterday, more or less.
  • Options
    In shock still tbh.
  • Options
    i havent been this angry since chelsea came back to beat us 3-2 at the valley in the prem!! im more angry coz powell has just handed roland a reason to sack him!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    28 shots to 5. says it all.
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted and annoyed aswell.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Think this might be the end of Powell.

Expected us to get an absolute tonking to be honest. Looking at the stats and listening to the commentary, we did in every respect but the final scoreline.

Sounds like the new guys did ok. Was really disappointed that we didn't do something in midfield yesterday and even more disappointed not to see Piotr on the bench.

Looks pretty bleak and unless something happens in the loan window I'm not hopeful that we can survive.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

We lost away from home against a strong side. Of course that won't stop a torrent of nonsense from football experts about the correct way to play when winning away from home against a better team.

Just because people don't agree with you it doesn't make them idiots.
  • Options
    How much worse can it get FFS? Losing to 2 goals in last 2 mins....I am f****** gutted spoilt my Saturday......
  • Options
    Gutted that we lost it having been in front until the last few minutes. I reckon it was a damn good effort, against a good quality opposition, for such a hastily assembled side to go so close to a positive result. Bear in mind that very many on the predictions thread thought we would get hammered. Real positives also in the debut performances (as far as i could tell from the match thread) of Reza, Nego and Diego.

I share the views posted elsewhere about the negative substitutions costing us dear. Every time we sit back so much, we concede. We are not good enough, defensively, as a unit, to keep teams out.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

28 shots to 5. says it all.

We'll have to have a few wayward shot from impossible angles then to improve that stat as those were the ones off target... Was 7 / 2 in terms of shots on target
  • Options
    Did a lot better than I expected considering how the transfer window went. Several foreign signings making their debut or 2nd/3rd appearance, Poyet's full debut and Lennon coming on early again playing out position.

Need to find our best team as soon as possible.
  • Options
    We lost the last 2 mins 2 to 0 we won the first 88 1 to 0. Some on here are almost saying that's ok because we didn't expect anything ! Get f..king real it's a shit result in the context of the first 88 mins.
  • Options
    2 points adrift from Millwall and 4 points adrift from the team above them. OK, 19 games to go but we are not much of a threat at the moment to pick up many points. How many away games have we been up against it for most of the game? Need a miracle now to avoid relegation.