Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton 2013 Post-match news & views

Comments

• Options
    Third best away record in the league, winning 42% of our games (22% at home). Fourth best defence away from home (10th at home) and eighth best attack on the road (19th at home).
  • Options
    WSS said:

Did the Obika song get sung VG?

No mate unfortunately.

Honestly, coldest I've been at football.
  • Options
    Oats warms ya
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Great win. Another 3 points in the bag.

Can we all now please agree that any talk of relegation should cease?

100% this.

• Options
    We didn't play that well. Had a couple chances at the end of the first half but was fairly even, albeit we sat back in the second half. And they offered nothing.

Irrelevant though, job done thanks to one moment of quality. I'd say sit back and enjoy the rest of the season but will leave that til 3pm next Saturday...
  • Options
    As said above we didn't play particularly well, but who cares? 3 points, clean sheet and hopefully a follow up result next week. Special mention for Taylor who I thought was excellent throughout.
  • Options
    From my upbeat father who did his annual northern away game VIP stylee with a couple of his suppliers (no, not that kind):

"We got the early goal and they battered us but couldn't get close to scoring really thank god. Crap game apart from the result."
  • Options
    Any great reason why you appear to be so much better away from home - style/tactics?

I notice you've been worried about the state of the pitch as well at the Valley - probably helps with the passing game to find a decent one on the road.
  • Options
    nolly said:

Oats warms ya

On it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

nolly said:

Oats warms ya

On it
    He's long gone mate. There's a new sheriff in town now.
  • Options
    The pitch might be a factor now but we weren't winning many at home in the early months when it was fine.

We are a counter-attacking side and our strenghts as a squad means it suits us when teams came at us.

IMHO
  • Options

Any great reason why you appear to be so much better away from home - style/tactics?

I notice you've been worried about the state of the pitch as well at the Valley - probably helps with the passing game to find a decent one on the road.

I think its more the opponents tactics. We seem to play worse against a more defensive (away) team that we're unable to break down. We create chances against teams that try to push forward.
  • Options

clueless amateur must have got lucky ;)

Like it Crookester!
  • Options

The pitch might be a factor now but we weren't winning many at home in the early months when it was fine.

We are a counter-attacking side and our strenghts as a squad means it suits us when teams came at us.

IMHO

just about right I think
  • Options

and can I throw in a "tactical ineptitude"?

Ditto Crookester!
  • Options
    Very happy with that.

But please can we start playing well when there are 15,000 of us there to watch rather than 500?

Based on what I've seen in SE7 this season we are rubbish.

But based on the stats of the games I haven't seen up t'other end of the country, we are bloody great.

So I've no idea whether we're crap or whether we're fantastic. You can't even say we're inconsistent, because we're consistently dire at the Valley and consistently decent away from it.

If we played behind closed doors without any supporters at all, we'd probably be Barcelona!

• Options
    Off_it said:

Great win. Another 3 points in the bag.

Can we all now please agree that any talk of relegation should cease?

Be careful - you'll be mentioning the play-offs next!
  • Options

Great result, 8 points from relegation a few more points and we are guarenteed safety. Nice time to win as well means we can go into next weeks game a little more relaxed

I assume you are talking about the football next Saturday?
  • Options

Sir Chris Powell has done a fantastic job this season.

What is all this sir rubbish?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amazing result. Never saw this one coming. Need 6 more points from 9 games.
  • Options

We scraped thru, I don't understand the rationale behind the substituting of a forward with a defender early in the second half when there's another forward on the bench... All it take is a deflection and we lose 2 points yet again and sitting back inviting shots will do just that! I'm not impressed at all as we should have wiped Huddersfield out...

You sound like the moron who sits next to me in the West Stand, although he isn't silent very often!
  • Options
    Shrew said:

Redrobo said:

Chris Powell has done a fantastic job this season.

Agree.

Avoid relegation = good season. Mid table = great season. Anything higher = SCP manager of the year.
    SCP manager of the year? Why?
  • Options
    Unleash the Kermit
  • Options
    Imagine the same side next week but with Yann in for Fuller. Bring on Millwall!
  • Options
    I think fuller is a good footballer but he was poor today.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    just home from the game
    great result and 3 points
    BUT
    they were crap, luckily Hudersfield were worse.
    well taken training ground goal but for most of the match we just gave the ball away, luckily Hudds were too poor to take advantage.
    Pluses were Button and Wiggins, Taylor was OK, Morro a liability, Harriott good inparts and will improve, Fuller poor and Haynes could have had one.
    I just hope we play more teams as poor as Town
  • Options

I think fuller is a good footballer but he was poor today.

Kermogant back next week though...

• Options
    Reading the match thread it sounded like we didn't do much apart from score - 2nd half we were camped in our own half for most of it & it would be good to hear from someone who was at the game to see how we played.

but at this stage of the season a win's a win I suppose, no matter how it comes..........although I wouldn't keep on bringing defenders for forwards and expect to get away with it.

lets just hope the team can use this win to put in a performance next week - a win next week would 99% guarantee staying in this division next season.....and that is all that matters !!
  • Options
    Did we play 451 today with harriot and haynes on the wings or 442 with haynes up top

Be interesting to see how we set up at home to millwall.

Can see it being 442 with harriot and wilson on the wings with haynes and kerm up top.