Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton 2013 Post-match news & views

1234568»

Comments

• Options

both Taylor and Morro worried me yesterday as they kept clearing the ball to Huddersfield players, however it could equally be said that our central midfield players weren't in the right places to receive the clearances, in retrospect I'm more worried by our central midfield which, on a heavy pitch, was too light-weight. I like Morro and Taylor together but also think Cort is just a good, I wonder what Cort and Taylor would be like together?

The way CP tinkers with the team I'm sure that we'll find out before the end of the season ;-)
    Well there was a thread earlier in the season about whether Morro should/could be dropped, but it all got a bit heated :-)
  • Options
    Is this comment for real?
    With people like this around no player, no manager and no board member stands a chance of ever achieving anything at this club.
    Perhaps "silent addick" needs to practise what his nick infers! unbelievable nonesense

Well done to Chris and the team, somewhere around mid table with what he has had to spend will be a superb performance.

We scraped thru, I don't understand the rationale behind the substituting of a forward with a defender early in the second half when there's another forward on the bench... All it take is a deflection and we lose 2 points yet again and sitting back inviting shots will do just that! I'm not impressed at all as we should have wiped Huddersfield out...

• Options

Scoham said:

Can someone give more info on Harriott? Is he a real left winger or a central player pushed wide? Seems to have a nice few tricks up his sleeve.

Definitely a winger. Not aware of the club ever using him centrally apart occasionally behind the striker(s).
    Thanks. Can't remember the last genuine 'tricky' winger we had.
    Len Glover. He still posts on here.

• Options
    he said winger not whinger!
  • Options

Pi$$ off!

:-)

• Options

Great quote from Powell in the press conference.

Q: Was that a training ground free-kick routine for the goal?

A: It is, but Callum is not supposed to be involved in it!

Class!

Callum harriott, he does what he wants!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Pi$$ off!

:-)

Are you really THE Len Glover? (I know I'm opening myself up for some royal windups here....)
  • Options
    He sure is, Ticket .......but he had to give up playing after a spell in the slammer.

Len keeps that bit about himself quiet on here - but it's true. FACT
  • Options
    Ooops.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Didn't think it was as bad a game to watch as some have made out. A nicely taken goal followed by a hard working performance. Huddersfield didn't look like scoring even when they had possession of the ball.

It is too early to judge Harriott but this was a positive step forward for a young player. He played with energy and skill, and critically did not seem out of place at this level.

Like Harriott, Button is new to the team and has not had sufficient appearances to be fully juged as a Charlton player. In parts he played well, in others he relied upon luck to get him out of errors. In making a decision on a goalkeepers performance it is easy to go by the score, and criticise a goalkeeper who has conceeded in a game and lavishly praise one who has kept a clean sheet.

Button's distribution in this match was not as good as Hamer's distribution, and his awareness at the end was not great (only belatedly realising that their goalkeeper was running back and that any of our players in a forward position had a reasonable chance of scoring). Having said this, it was a reasonable performance, it may take a while to get back to the level of someone playing regularly, it takes time for a goalkeeper to adapt to playing alongside teammates and there is potential for improvement.

Contrary to what others have stated Fuller gave a decent performance. CP made the best use of the resources availabe to him and due Yann's unavailability, selected Fuller to play a role better suited to Yann. Fuller battled for the ball, showed the odd bit of skill and chased after the ball were there was a possibility that he might retrieve it. When we got Fuller, we acquired a dressage horse, don't be surprised when he doesn't win flat races or those over hurdles.

Towards the end of the game we sat deep and invited pressure. For Charlton to progress as a club the midfield situation will need to be (and I am sure will be) addressed over Summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SheffieldRed, that is a bit too positive a review. Delete it.
  • Options
    Fair play. Fuller did try, but looked unfit IMO