Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton 2013 Post-match news & views

Comments

• Options
    we started 4-4-2,then reverted to 4-5-1 when Fuller went off, although it looked more like 9-0-1
  • Options
    Greetings from Kenya.

We have elected a new president today, but I can assure you that the big news is our win at Huddersfield :-)
  • Options
    waldo said:

We scraped thru, I don't understand the rationale behind the substituting of a forward with a defender early in the second half when there's another forward on the bench... All it take is a deflection and we lose 2 points yet again and sitting back inviting shots will do just that! I'm not impressed at all as we should have wiped Huddersfield out...

You sound like the moron who sits next to me in the West Stand, although he isn't silent very often!
    he might do but what he says is right
  • Options
    Our performance sounds similar to Burnleys and Hudders like ours last week ... Away team gets the early goal and says come on then let's see what you've got to throw at us cos we don't think you've got fuck all to break us down
    Thank you very much 3 points in the bag ... Goodnight !
  • Options
    Great result, delighted with the three points BUT we are a VERY strange team indeed!

FOUR home wins and EIGHT defeats against EIGHT away wins, can't remember a season like it.
  • Options
    Keep fuller in , he will come good with a wonder strike
  • Options

Our performance sounds similar to Burnleys and Hudders like ours last week ... Away team gets the early goal and says come on then let's see what you've got to throw at us cos we don't think you've got fuck all to break us down
    Thank you very much 3 points in the bag ... Goodnight !

That's exactly how it sounds to me too, spot on.

• Options

Awful game, freezing cold, middle of nowhere but great 3 points.

Up the Addicks.

This!

It was so cold, my daughter put my gloves on her FEET!

Such a pleasing win. To go ahead after 3 mins and stay in front mentally is a real task. After the game the Hudds boss talked of how we were superior in fitness, something Powell and his team should be applauded for. Great manager and a great team!

• Options
    3 points

End of
  • Options
    Yup, 3 points is 3 points. Couldn't really give a monkey's how we get them now. Safety first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big game for Harriott as well, scoring the winner in what was a big game and 3 points for us.
  • Options
    Just back from the game.

Two sh*t teams, playing out a sh*t game on a sh*t pitch settled by the one moment of quality in 90 mins.

Back four all had decent games imo, Taylor was my man of the match. Harriot showed flashes and was our most threatening attacker (not saying a great deal) and his clean strike won the game. Button claimed some good crosses but got lucky with a couple of fumbled shots, didn't convince me entirely but I'm a harsh judge of 'keepers and didn't rate Deano too highly after some of his early appearances for us. The rest of them were crap but put the miles in.

We struggled to string passes together throughout the game, particularly in the second half. Wilson was lost for a lot of the game, Pritch was a nuisance but kept getting muscled off the ball having got himself into the right place (the sticky pitch probably did not help his footing but he was still too easily knocked off it) and Jacko was trying but did not exert any influence on the game. Fuller didn't win a header all game and barely anything stuck to him (other than mud) although I felt for him a bit given the atrocious service he had to work with. Haynes squandered two guilt edge chances (one heading wide from the centre of the goal 6 yards out after Wilson delivered an inviting cross and later his touch let him down when Harriot set him free, allowing Smithies to get out and smother) before running out of steam and being subbed.

Despite that, we fashioned the best chances of the game and once Dervite came on and plugged some of the ever widening gaps in our midfield I didn't think we ever looked under serious threat as Hudds just resorted to long hoofs down the middle which were meat and drink to Morro and (particularly) Taylor.

It was a low quality game, but Hudds made it a scrap and the pitch really did not help either side as the ball kept getting stuck under foot or would unexpectedly skip off the turf. We matched them in the battle though and everyone put their fair share into the shift effort wise. CP made the right subs at the right time and Hudds had no answer.

We deserved the win and we hopefully go into Millwal with a bit of a spring in our step. CP was clearly delighted with the result but I'd like to see us win a couple more before people start saying we're definitely safe (although I've been confident we'll be alright since day one).
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Very happy with that.

But please can we start playing well when there are 15,000 of us there to watch rather than 500?

Based on what I've seen in SE7 this season we are rubbish.

But based on the stats of the games I haven't seen up t'other end of the country, we are bloody great.

So I've no idea whether we're crap or whether we're fantastic. You can't even say we're inconsistent, because we're consistently dire at the Valley and consistently decent away from it.

If we played behind closed doors without any supporters at all, we'd probably be Barcelona!

I think the poor home record is a large part of why SCP has had flak in certain quarters.

I've seen us win just twice this season as I've not been away. At home I've missed 3 matches. Two of which were wins and one a draw!

Good to see you back IA. Try and post more often!
  • Options
    Agree with exiled.

Harriot is a massive prospect but so raw. He put us in the shit a couple of times but he will become a brilliant player.

Back four were pukka. Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Is Yan back for millwall? Very important win today well done cp and co
  • Options
    razil said:

Is Yan back for millwall? Very important win today well done cp and co

I think so. We missed him today imo. It's not to everyone's liking but we're a pretty direct side right now and for all Fuller's supposed x-factor quality (not much in evidance today) Yann wins headers and beats defenders up. He's a really important cog in our machine. I think him and Haynes should start vs Millsmall if possible. The rest of the side can probably stay unchanged.

• Options
    Hard fought, low on quality but never felt Udders were a threat, especially with Lee thrashing around like a really ugly sunday footballer. Lancashire Lad - Morrison a liability? Haynes should have done better when put through. Radio Leeds West Yorkshire Sport programme singing our praises as were lot of the texters and twatters quoted on the show. Robins singled out Taylor as somebody they had to deal with as Morrison does the hard marking and Taylor attacks the ball. Said they tried to mark Taylor out of the game but never able to stop him or get ball past the pair of them to challenge Button.
    Felt really very relaxed through second half just a bit cold.
  • Options
    Fantastic win, Sounded like a solid performence. Well done to Harriott on getting his first goal for us.
  • Options
    Can someone give more info on Harriott? Is he a real left winger or a central player pushed wide? Seems to have a nice few tricks up his sleeve.
  • Options
    Good result. That is all that matters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can someone give more info on Harriott? Is he a real left winger or a central player pushed wide? Seems to have a nice few tricks up his sleeve.

Definitely a winger. Not aware of the club ever using him centrally apart occasionally behind the striker(s).
  • Options
    Morrison was a liability because in the second half he blatantly pushed Lee when in the penalty area, had the ref seen it then it would have given away a penalty. It was a needless push as Lee was rubbish.
    Harriott played left midfield, very good attacking but at present a bit light-weight defending, however he is young and with more experience and a bit more body strength he could become a real asset.
  • Options
    Didn't see that push, just like the ref it seems. Agree Lee is rubbish.
  • Options
    Funny how quiet it gets on the web and how certain people disappear whenever we win a game.

Very odd.
  • Options
    Harriot looks a bit small to play centrally to me. That said when he did manage to get on a run today he tended to drive in field towards the corner of the penalty area rather than look to get to the byline and whip in crosses.

He wasn't oblivious to his defensive duties either. He tracked back and made a couple of good tackles and also doubled up with Wiggins when appropriate. There were a couple of times when he tried to be a bit too clever a bit too close to our goal but he got away with it today and ato least one of those situations was partly Wiggins' fault for bombing on past him when the overlap wasn't really on.

He's a bit raw as you would expect, but there's plenty there to work with.
  • Options
    Harriott is a winger. Too slight to play central. Moments of brilliance from the lad. Couple times he was naive, but that's expected. Fantastic prospect...

There's always someone who likes a moan...

Crap weather, crap stadium, crap pitch, crap home fans...I couldn't give a crap, we scored more than they did. Got a much needed/deserved three points and a clean sheet to boot...thank you & goodnight.
  • Options
    Big shout to the 400 odd of us who went there today. Brilliant support, out sung them all game!

See what happens when you get behind the team, even though we aren't playing brilliantly...? Boo boys - take note....
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Definitely a winger. Not aware of the club ever using him centrally apart occasionally behind the striker(s).
    Thanks. Can't remember the last genuine 'tricky' winger we had.
  • Options
    Well today I was in the prawn sarnie area with a very good Huddersfield fan friend.

An ugly 1-0 win, Button and Taylor were immense especially the latter dealing with Alan Lee

The pitch was bad but better than The Valley and at times we played some decent stuff, that said it was certainly not an advert for free flowing/passing football.

The locals thoughts....CAFC should have been 3-0 up at HT, excellently executed counter attack game plan after an early goal, deserved winners.

The bench went mental at the FT whistle, I legged it to the directors area and shook hands with Jim D, and Pete from Charlton Live

And talk of if Peasron gets he big E at Leicester will SCP be tempted?

Peter Clarke made a stunning bicycle kick clearance off the line in the first half, Smithies made a stunning reflex save. HTFC huffed and puffed but they couldn't break the CAFC defence down
  • Options
    Latimer said:

Well today I was in the prawn sarnie area with a very good Huddersfield fan friend.

An ugly 1-0 win, Button and Taylor were immense especially the latter dealing with Alan Lee

The pitch was bad but better than The Valley and at times we played some decent stuff, that said it was certainly not an advert for free flowing/passing football.

The locals thoughts....CAFC should have been 3-0 up at HT, excellently executed counter attack game plan after an early goal, deserved winners.

The bench went mental at the FT whistle, I legged it to the directors area and shook hands with Jim D, and Pete from Charlton Live

And talk of if Peasron gets he big E at Leicester will SCP be tempted?

Peter Clarke made a stunning bicycle kick clearance off the line in the first half, Smithies made a stunning reflex save. HTFC huffed and puffed but they couldn't break the CAFC defence down

Powell to Leicester? I doubt it but we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, do we?