Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton 2013 Post-match news & views

Comments

• Options

Safety confirmed IMO. Any team in the top half at this stage can't be serious relegation candidates.

Due to the closeness of all the sides and the division, and that all the teams in the bottom 3 are capable of winning, it is possible that a team will go down with 52 or 53 points.

A great victory today that really helps towards the safety target. Sets us up nicely for the game against Millwall.

• Options
    edited March 2013

We scraped thru, I don't understand the rationale behind the substituting of a forward with a defender early in the second half when there's another forward on the bench... All it take is a deflection and we lose 2 points yet again and sitting back inviting shots will do just that! I'm not impressed at all as we should have wiped Huddersfield out...

Ridiculous comments. You might not be impressed, but I certainly am. Well done to CP & the team today.
  • Options
    Yes the boys!

Powell guiding a team of League One players to the top half on a shoe-string budget - superb effort.

We all worry about tactics and get frustrated with subs, but our whiny morons need to stop being so reactionary for 5 minutes and be able to sit back and review this picture. Excellent season.

Well done Chris.
  • Options
    Unexpected but welcome cleansheet and 3 points.

Now if we can for just one week, put our car crash home form behind us, I'll start to really believe we are safe.
  • Options
    What a fantastic result and that little bit sweeter that the winner came from young Harriott. Got real high hopes for him, potentially the next big player.

Sounded like we defended brilliantly and our first clean sheet since Millwall away!

Sets us up nicely for next week. Huge win, big well done to CP and the boys.

SISS
  • Options
    Huddersfield losses on their own pitch this year:

2-3 Watford
    0-2 Leicester
    1-2 Brighton
    2-4 Leeds
    0-1 Charlton
  • Options

We scraped thru, I don't understand the rationale behind the substituting of a forward with a defender early in the second half when there's another forward on the bench... All it take is a deflection and we lose 2 points yet again and sitting back inviting shots will do just that! I'm not impressed at all as we should have wiped Huddersfield out...

Incredible...

We dig deep, fight hard and win a game and you still can't give the team and the manager any credit?

I'm guessing here, but I think most teams would take an away win in this division. Doubtless in your perfect world we should have won by a higher margin but football and life isn't like that.

Three points, an away win, clean sheet, job done.

• Options
    Well done Chris Powell,the players and a special mention for Callum Harriott.I have been watching him since he played for the U16s so I am overjoyed that he has come out with the winner.A certain forum will be quiet tonight.Oh by the way POWELL OUT.
  • Options
    Lovely result. Haven't won in a while, near the bottom, shocking home form, it was always going to be a balls to the wall job. Scoring after 4 minutes meant that Hudds had 86(!) minutes to be pushing for the equaliser so we've done brilliantly to keep them out and get a clean sheet. Sometimes you just need a mucky 1-0 that gets 3 points on the boad and we've done that. Sounds like the tactics were spot on as well. Well done all round
  • Options
    3 points and a clean sheet----------its all good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    monster result and all but confirms realistically safety for us but last time i said that we got a point in the next 4 games

well done Harriott for getting the all important goal and that will boost his confidence no end

the pressure is now off and the team can express themselves next week against the scum and start ammending the wank home and derby record !

Let's hope the over critical ones who minge and moan about the minutae of each and every substitution come on and say how SCP nailed it today......

definitely breathing a lot easier tonight and will be happy as we coast to the end of the season with palaces potential success the only dampener once the scum are dispatched out of the cup(hopefully)

7th-12th 35% .....13th-21st 60% .... the dreaded R 5%
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Any of you doubters buying your season ticket for next year yet?

I need us to lose a couple of games first, so I don't look like a gloryhunter.
  • Options
    Phew, big result with Birmingham, Sheff Wed, Bristol City all winning, now desperate for some home form.
  • Options
    Outstanding result and it's been an excellent 5 days. We only need, at most, another 5 or 6 points and we'll surely win a couple more at the Valley, as well as picking up more points away.

Great to see Harriot getting in. If we can get over the line this month, he may look to give one or two others a taste of the action.
  • Options
    I believe Button deserves high praise for his performance today!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Great win. Another 3 points in the bag.

Can we all now please agree that any talk of relegation should cease?

No, but I think the conversation can be about how we are safe from it.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Redrobo said:

Chris Powell has done a fantastic job this season.

Agree.

Avoid relegation = good season. Mid table = great season. Anything higher = SCP manager of the year.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    On coach back. Harriott superb. Button superb. Taylor superb. Back four was solid throughout. Nervy once we played 11 men behind the ball the second half. Fuller didnt look interested I have to say...A well battled point.
  • Options
    Delighted for Harriott. Also, special mention for Taylor who sounded like he had a solid game, having been 4th choice centre back for a while. Really liked him last season, and thought he was very unlucky to be dropped (although it worked) when Morro was just as out of form during the Col U/Notts County games.

Absolutely pumped for Millwall.
  • Options
    Teams at the bottom have only managed just over one point a game so far. Hard to see them getting more than another dozen and the teams in the pack all picking up enough points as well. 52/53 should be fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    U mustve missed the goal nam

We got 3 points
  • Options

Incredible...

We dig deep, fight hard and win a game and you still can't give the team and the manager any credit?

I'm guessing here, but I think most teams would take an away win in this division. Doubtless in your perfect world we should have won by a higher margin but football and life isn't like that.

Three points, an away win, clean sheet, job done.

quite right BFR
  • Options
    Massive win
    Let's have the same fight next week
    Get in there
  • Options
    First 0-0 at Peterborough in over 150 games.
  • Options
    Just like the point away to pboro these 3 keeps nice distance from hudders

Beat those nearest to us is an ideal scenerio no matter how we do it
  • Options

We got 3 points

No I was there? One is confused...
  • Options
    Bottom 4 are two games from everyone they'll struggle to reach 50 points imo

Nice to see Button have a good game shirts his to lose now
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

We got 3 points

No I was there? One is confused...
    We won 1-0 sir.
  • Options
    Expect a relegation battle.
  • Options
    For me Fuller has been the biggest disappointment this year.