Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Green

Danny Green surely one of the most gifted footballers we have in the current squad.
I suggest he should be playing in every home game for us as he is probably one of our biggest attacking threats.
I am also fed up with central midfielders playing wide and defenders playing in midfield. I want to go to the Valley and be entertained, not watch most of the drivel we have had to put up with this season.
Am I the only fan with this view?

Comments

• Options
    Very rarely puts two good performances together, hence a bench warmer. He's had plenty of chances to establish himself but hasn't taken them.
  • Options
    DG certainly has ability but shows it far to infrequently to be a regular championship player. He didn't exactly set league one on fire either.
  • Options
    No that is probably a common view for the season ticket holders that have seen 4 home wins and 8 home defeats. I like Green and think he should start more games and not be overlooked.
  • Options
    sralan said:

Very rarely puts two good performances together, hence a bench warmer. He's had plenty of chances to establish himself but hasn't taken them.

I disagree he has had 498 mins starting according to promorelegater stats.
  • Options

DG certainly has ability but shows it far to infrequently to be a regular championship player. He didn't exactly set league one on fire either.

He never got a full season in league one either
  • Options
    Can somebody tell me if there is a better creative player than Green in the squad
  • Options
    Completely agree. Sure, Green can be frustrating. But he is one of the very few genuinely creative players we have and he gets me out of my seat. Play to his strengths rather than constantly criticise his weaknesses I say. He has been very badly managed in my view. Surprised he has any confidence left. Same as Waggy although Green is a far better player for my money. I'd actually start with them both.
  • Options
    Stephens, when he puts it together? Other than him, I'm struggling. We 're certainly not over blessed with play makers that's for sure.
  • Options
    Oh purlease

He showed a bit of urgency with a couple of quick thrown ins but its chuff like him on the bench that only shows what limitations this squad has

I can give you half a dozen more creative players redhenry and some that can actually lift the cross over their marker
  • Options
    Apparently after the game Powell said hats off to you Greenie you are certainly in contention on Tuesday night
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2013
    He will probably play well in the next couple of games then get dropped for no reason just like Wagstaff did
  • Options
    We need creativity in midfield, it's what we're lacking at the moment, and although he is inconsistent, it is definitely something Green can provide more than most of our other midfielders.

Understand why he frustrates fans but for me, there is a lot to be said for a player with a decent cross on him.
  • Options
    Thought Green changed the style we played on saturday when he came on. At least he showed some urgency and fight and took the game to them. However he does have the ability to go missing during a match at any given time
  • Options
    How about, to get some creativity, and passing football we go with...

Button

Solly,
    Taylor
    Morrison
    Wiggins

Green
    Stephens
    Hughes
    Wagstaff (Harriot can also pass)

Haynes
    Kermorgant
  • Options
    Redhenry, tell me you're not serious?

In fairness, he did wake things up a bit yesterday when he came on. But generally, he can't beat a defender, his free kicks are absolutely pony, he drives me mad with the way he always tries to score direct from corners -or he hits the first man whilst trying to do so, he can't tackle except by diving in with his studs showing, thus either risking getting sent off or giving a free kick away, he gives no defensive support to his full back (look at what Wagstaff does), he goes missing in games.

Apart from all that, sure he should start regularly.
  • Options
    He was quality against Blackburn too
  • Options
    Jackson has been missing for the last few months but he is always first on the team sheet.
  • Options

Oh purlease

He showed a bit of urgency with a couple of quick thrown ins but its chuff like him on the bench that only shows what limitations this squad has

I can give you half a dozen more creative players redhenry and some that can actually lift the cross over their marker

This.

One cross and some long throws. Prefer Stephens on a bad day, Harriot, Wilson, Wagstaff, Jackson, Hammer. Everyone else now I think about it.

• Options

Redhenry, tell me you're not serious?

In fairness, he did wake things up a bit yesterday when he came on. But generally, he can't beat a defender, his free kicks are absolutely pony, he drives me mad with the way he always tries to score direct from corners -or he hits the first man whilst trying to do so, he can't tackle except by diving in with his studs showing, thus either risking getting sent off or giving a free kick away, he gives no defensive support to his full back (look at what Wagstaff does), he goes missing in games.

Apart from all that, sure he should start regularly.

Agree he has tried to score from corners in the past and he should work a bit on his tracking back but he is still young and I think he will improve. His main asset is an attacking threat, do you prefer Pritch playing on the right?
  • Options

Oh purlease

No you can't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't have to, redrobo has just done it for me
  • Options
    I've been saying for months Green should start.He's the only player we have who isn't entirely predictable when he has the ball and contrary to some previous posts,he can whip in a good cross.

As for the inconsistency wallers,I give you the consistently underachieving Stephens.
  • Options

I don't have to, redrobo has just done it for me

No he hasn't. He's mentioned Harriott, who we don't know enough about, some bloke called "Hammer", Lawrie Wilson (no, really), and Wagstaff, who certainly isn't creative.
  • Options
    Other than take some long throws, what exactly did he do. Oh, other than run a couple of balls out of play for no apparent reason.

Frustrating thing is that you know he has a bit of quality in there somewhere. He just looks unfit to me, and a little bit lacking in nous.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Other than take some long throws, what exactly did he do. Oh, other than run a couple of balls out of play for no apparent reason.

Frustrating thing is that you know he has a bit of quality in there somewhere. He just looks unfit to me, and a little bit lacking in nous.

Beat his man a couple of times whipped in a few dangerous crosses and some very dangerous crosses. What have the Romans ever done for us Jeez!
  • Options
    Green has been terrible in most of the games I've seen him this season. He makes the odd decent cameo and people start all that rubbish about him being gifted or 'technically one of the best players we have'. Same goes for Stephens.

I agree about central midfielders playing out wide though.
  • Options
    He can't play to his best starting two game then missing the next four he should be given a decent run in the side
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

He can't play to his best starting two game then missing the next four he should be given a decent run in the side

He did last season and was crap.
  • Options
    Sorry Redhenry, but I don't remember seeing him beat anyone. Honestly. I also remember him slinging in some crosses, but nothing particularly great. wilson put in the best cross of the second half.

Not trying to dig him out in particular - not my style to bash players - but I find him so frustrating to watch. He just looks unfit.

Him and Waggy remind me of when we first had Robson and Robinson. One had industry and hard work and an eye for goal, and the other has occasional quality delivery but seems to be lacking in other areas and a bit too lightweight. Combine them and there's a great player there!
  • Options
    First thing he did when he came on was beat the opposing player