Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:

Started watching Luther as every fucker was talking about it. First series was great, second series not great, third series I'm bored. Shall I bother continuing to watch it?

No. Obviously not your thing.
    Your loss. :smile:
  • Options
    The relationship between Luther and Alice Morgan was brilliantly conceived and written.
    Alice is such a compelling character you find yourself empathising with her even though you know she's a psycho killer.
    I spent the whole of series 4 desperately hoping they didn't kill her off.

I read recently that the writer has written a spin-off series about Alice and was given the green light by the producers.
    This was supposedly 18 months or more ago, since when nothing more has been heard.

Bring it on.
    I want more Alice.
  • Options

New series of True Detective has started, 1 episode in and it's already better than the second season, feels very much like the first one.

That's exactly how I felt about it, they are going to have done remarkably well to get close to series 1 but it had the same ominous feel about it
  • Options

The relationship between Luther and Alice Morgan was brilliantly conceived and written.
    Alice is such a compelling character you find yourself empathising with her even though you know she's a psycho killer.
    I spent the whole of series 4 desperately hoping they didn't kill her off.

I read recently that the writer has written a spin-off series about Alice and was given the green light by the producers.
    This was supposedly 18 months or more ago, since when nothing more has been heard.

Bring it on.
    I want more Alice.

I actually found the Alice storyline a bit tiresome in the latest series.
  • Options

did anyone watch the BBC4 Waco David Kuresh documentary? I'm halfway through the 2nd episode. fascinating stuff.

Fantastic Netflix documentary on the Oklahoma bombing which touches on the events at Waco. Well worth a watch!
  • Options
    Carter said:

New series of True Detective has started, 1 episode in and it's already better than the second season, feels very much like the first one.

That's exactly how I felt about it, they are going to have done remarkably well to get close to series 1 but it had the same ominous feel about it
    Watched the first 2 episodes last night & loved it !

Series 1 was definitely something special but this is looking very promising IMO.
  • Options
    I'm enjoying the first season of Patriot. The show has a Wes Anderson feel that isn't usually my thing but the pacing and dark humour had got me hooked.
  • Options
    Started watching Cleaning up, not really sure about it. Not that bad as i dont mind Sheridan Smith so will probably stick with it, yesterday half watched in the background so not a good sign.

Next new series been told Luther so will probably give that a go soon
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the first episode of the new series of the grand tour.
  • Options
    Finished BBC's Informer last week. It's fast-paced and very thought-provoking. Loved it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

Thought Manhunt was excellent. Martin Clunes is a mighty fine actor. There was some artistic licence as characters and events were invented for dramatic effect, we were told this. However the biggest thing from this was that although dear old DCI Sutton was an old school detective who relied on methodical police work, taking the long and laborious route to collect evidence we all know that 99% of all serious crimes are solved through information received.
    A great TV drama nonetheless.

Watched it last night. Not really a fan of Martin Clunes but really enjoyed this. Agreed, great TV drama.
  • Options
    Glovepup said:

Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix.

My brother and his other half raved about her book for years, I get it now. Great watch and revoluionsary imo.

My missus read the book and started doing peculiar things with her sock drawer and then when this came along she made me watch it, doesn’t hurt that she is just a smidge gorgeous too eh..
  • Options
    Anybody watched the new series of Star Trek Discovery? I thought I'd give it a chance to see if they'd learnt anything from the train wreck of the first series and tried to fix it. If anything, it's even worse. Michael Burnham is even more of an objectionable and insufferable know-it-all. I didn't think that was possible.
  • Options
    Has anyone watched “Britain’s Youngest Football Boss” on BBC3/iPlayer? It’s a documentary Netflix style aabout David Sullivan’s 18 year old son’s attempt to be managing director of West Ham Ladies. I was half way through episode 2 before I realised that it wasn’t a spoof. I’m speechless.
  • Options

Has anyone watched “Britain’s Youngest Football Boss” on BBC3/iPlayer? It’s a documentary Netflix style aabout David Sullivan’s 18 year old son’s attempt to be managing director of West Ham Ladies. I was half way through episode 2 before I realised that it wasn’t a spoof. I’m speechless.

Yeah he doesn't have a clue does he?. Episode 3 is available atm. Think they beat us in a cup competition so may feature in future episodes.
  • Options

Erase series 2 from your mind and tell yourself Sharp Objects was series 2 instead
    Where is this on please
  • Options
    Watched the first series of Tin Star but was clinging on by my fingertips towards the end. Really just wanted to see what happened. Got three quarters of the way through the first episode of season two last night and gave up. Utter nonsense. Absolutely no empathy with any of the characters. Won’t be bothering with the rest.
  • Options
    Has anyone watched F is for Family on Netflix? I’ve ploughed through the first three seasons in record time. Kind of like a ruder King of the Hill animated series, really enjoyed it.
  • Options

I didn’t watch it (but probably will).......did it crowbar sections in that supposedly tell the viewer what they are talking about re the trading?

That awful Nick Leeson film with McGregor in it did that and it drove me mad.....

Leeson to junior office worker - ‘what is today’s margin call?’

Junior - ‘what’s a margin call?’

Leeson - ‘well, a margin call is.......’

The Sheridan Smith thing really is shit.

This week’s episode had a 10 minute section that was as stated above.

It’s painful.
  • Options

Watched the first series of Tin Star but was clinging on by my fingertips towards the end. Really just wanted to see what happened. Got three quarters of the way through the first episode of season two last night and gave up. Utter nonsense. Absolutely no empathy with any of the characters. Won’t be bothering with the rest.

Agree with that.

Persevered to the end of the first series, but only just to see how it finished.

Wasn't intending to even start series two, and by the sound of it that seems like a good plan!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I didn’t watch it (but probably will).......did it crowbar sections in that supposedly tell the viewer what they are talking about re the trading?

That awful Nick Leeson film with McGregor in it did that and it drove me mad.....

Leeson to junior office worker - ‘what is today’s margin call?’

Junior - ‘what’s a margin call?’

Leeson - ‘well, a margin call is.......’

The Sheridan Smith thing really is shit.

This week’s episode had a 10 minute section that was as stated above.

It’s painful.
    I agree, i have been watching it but still couldn't really give much of a report.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    se9addick said:

Has anyone watched F is for Family on Netflix? I’ve ploughed through the first three seasons in record time. Kind of like a ruder King of the Hill animated series, really enjoyed it.

Thought the third series was weak in comparison to the first two. The scene where Bill is under the bed while his parents are at it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

If you're a fan of FIFF, I recommend Big Mouth
  • Options
    Croydon said:

se9addick said:

Thought the third series was weak in comparison to the first two. The scene where Bill is under the bed while his parents are at it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

If you're a fan of FIFF, I recommend Big Mouth
    I’ll give it a go!

Re FIFF, because I watched it all back to back I didn’t really notice when one season turned into another. Don’t think a fourth season has been approved yet?
  • Options
    the Sheridan Smith thing really is dross but I've watched the first four episodes so will stick with it for the last two. Death in Paradise has had it's day now and it's gotten too ridiculous for words.
  • Options
    Anyone else watching ‘American History’s Biggest Fibs’ by Lucy Worsley on BBC4? A very insightful potted history of, in the main, America’s political development. In 3 one hour episodes with the final part next Thursday.

• Options
    Chaz Hill said:

Anyone else watching ‘American History’s Biggest Fibs’ by Lucy Worsley on BBC4? A very insightful potted history of, in the main, America’s political development. In 3 one hour episodes with the final part next Thursday.

She'll do any programme,as long as it gives her a chance to dress up in period costume.

Still would though !
  • Options

Chaz Hill said:

She'll do any programme,as long as it gives her a chance to dress up in period costume.

Still would though !
    She is a bit weird and as you say likes to ‘dress up’ 😉

I do find her programmes very watchable and this one is particularly good especially given the current state of US politics (not that ours is much better).
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

I've watched the first episode and thought it was very good. I know next to nothing about American history, so it's a learning experience for me, but shocking how much of history is just basically bollocks that someone has made up.
  • Options
    Wilma said:

Chaz Hill said:

I've watched the first episode and thought it was very good. I know next to nothing about American history, so it's a learning experience for me, but shocking how much of history is just basically bollocks that someone has made up.
    Second episode is even better. Covers the Civil War and the undercurrents that exist today as a result.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    se9addick said:

Frank is my hero, he's the man I aspire to be.