Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Have to agree that the final episode was somewhat OTT.

The series had been almost credible until that point.
  • Options
    Agree to an extent - the killers this series were very good, didn't need all the 'B plot' stuff to make it good.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Seeing as Luther has been very popular on here lately.... I'm curious which series is the best so far? And will it be okay to watch from not the first one if it's not the best?

I've started series midway before. For example, The Killing series 3, and Line of Duty series 3, as they were the highest rated series. I then watched their previous series. In both cases there were no problems for me to understand the plots.
  • Options
    For me character development is a huge part of anything I watch, so I couldn't imagine starting anything midway through, S1 of Luther is pretty good, imo.
  • Options

For me character development is a huge part of anything I watch, so I couldn't imagine starting anything midway through, S1 of Luther is pretty good, imo.

Yeah. I agree. Even if storyline wise there is no need to watch for series 1 I couldn’t start anywhere else.
  • Options
    Would definitely start Luther from series 1 just to understand his relationship with Alice.

Personally think this was on course to be best series since then but too much going on in the finale.

Like earlier poster said, how did Alice find Luther, she would not have known about the teachers house from episode 1
  • Options
    Gomorra is back on March 29th. Some of it has been filmed in London.
  • Options
    Thanks. I'll start from series 1 then.
  • Options

Thanks. I'll start from series 1 then.

It’s not that many episodes either. So not as daunting starting from the beginning
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Brilliant series but not sure they should make another one. Signs were it was slipping slightly in the last series.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Would definitely start Luther from series 1 just to understand his relationship with Alice.

Personally think this was on course to be best series since then but too much going on in the finale.

Like earlier poster said, how did Alice find Luther, she would not have known about the teachers house from episode 1

I watched the whole thing back to back when super jet lagged yesterday and seem to have missed a major part of the plot. What was the relationship between the killer and the teacher whose house the *stuff* at the end takes place at?
  • Options

Yeah. I agree. Even if storyline wise there is no need to watch for series 1 I couldn’t start anywhere else.
    There's a pretty massive plot that runs throughout from s1 isn't there!?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I had the good fortune of my missus agreeing to watch The Wire on NYE as there was shit all else on. She's completely hooked and now knows why I've been telling her for years it's the best thing on TV
  • Options
    se9addick said:

MrOneLung said:

I watched the whole thing back to back when super jet lagged yesterday and seem to have missed a major part of the plot. What was the relationship between the killer and the teacher whose house the *stuff* at the end takes place at?
    In episode one, the school kid who saw the first murder in the basement (the one with the nails banged into the victim) and banged on the door of his teachers house opposite but she didn’t open the door to him.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

se9addick said:

MrOneLung said:

In episode one, the school kid who saw the first murder in the basement (the one with the nails banged into the victim) and banged on the door of his teachers house opposite but she didn’t open the door to him.
    Right...I remember that, but I’m sure the killer knocks on her door in the last episode and greets her with flowers - she is clearly known to him. Plus Luther knows to go there.

What is the relationship between the killer and the schoolteacher as I don’t remember her involvement in the plot beyond the first scene of episode one.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Valley11 said:

RedPanda said:

Brilliant series but not sure they should make another one. Signs were it was slipping slightly in the last series.
    I agree and disagree to be honest, the ending was stunning. They can't beat that.

It should still be among the best shows on TV though. Looks like all episodes will be available on that date.
  • Options

I had the good fortune of my missus agreeing to watch The Wire on NYE as there was shit all else on. She's completely hooked and now knows why I've been telling her for years it's the best thing on TV

You lucky, lucky man, still can't persuade my wife to give it a try. "You've seen it before, what's the point" surely the fact I've seen it at least 5 times should be a positive!!
  • Options
    I’d love to wipe my memory and watch the Wire all over again.
  • Options

There's a pretty massive plot that runs throughout from s1 isn't there!?
    Yeah, I wasn’t talking about Luther.

When I said “Even if storyline wise.....”
    I was talking about tv in general, that I wouldn’t watch a series without starting at series 1.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

MrOneLung said:

se9addick said:

MrOneLung said:

Right...I remember that, but I’m sure the killer knocks on her door in the last episode and greets her with flowers - she is clearly known to him. Plus Luther knows to go there.

What is the relationship between the killer and the schoolteacher as I don’t remember her involvement in the plot beyond the first scene of episode one.
    The flowers were just a distraction. He didn’t know her other than his victim had knocked on her door previously.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anyone watching Manhunt?, last part tonight - thought it had been pretty good so far.

also ITV got a new one starting tomorrow with Sheridan Smith - they've been advertising it for ages, she plays a cleaner in the City who manages to do some insider trading.
  • Options
    Anyone watching YOU on Netflix?

Kind of a black comedy about an obsessed boyfriend / stalker. Not bad.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

anyone watching Manhunt?, last part tonight - thought it had been pretty good so far.

also ITV got a new one starting tomorrow with Sheridan Smith - they've been advertising it for ages, she plays a cleaner in the City who manages to do some insider trading.

Enjoying Manhunt.
    It helps that it's a true story and stops the the production team from using their expressive license to completely balls it up at the end.
    As happens so many times on itv/BBC fictional dramas.
  • Options
    yeah, Manhunt is ok.

Not holding out much hope for the Sheridan Smith one - the highlights and the premise look crap to me.
  • Options

You lucky, lucky man, still can't persuade my wife to give it a try. "You've seen it before, what's the point" surely the fact I've seen it at least 5 times should be a positive!!
    Part way through my third run through and just about to start season 4, which is my favourite.

Just as good this time round.

• Options

2 episodes to go, really enjoying it
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Valley11 said:

RedPanda said:

I agree and disagree to be honest, the ending was stunning. They can't beat that.

It should still be among the best shows on TV though. Looks like all episodes will be available on that date.
    Agree @RedPanda that it’ll still be one of the best things on TV.
  • Options

I literally commented last page :smile:

Still watching it surprisingly, dont think its anything special but i might aswell see it through. Not terrible
  • Options
    Dunno if it’s been mentioned on here but just binged watched Burden of Truth on universal. A 10 part Canadian production. Legal eagle stuff with a family twist. A bit glossy but enjoyed it. Season two to follow sometime this year.