Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton chase Daggers star

Comments

• edited June 2011

Am split on Waggy, at times last season he was excellent and a real asset. However he also had some very quiet games and would certainly benefit from proper competition. Green would provide this. 

• There is room for both players at the club.
    Agree - Green seems to be the type of winger that can pick out a cross or pass, which would be ideal as an alternative to Waggy, who is a different type of player, who can't put in a decent cross to save his life  :-)

• As well as 10 goals Waggy also got 6 assists (all in the league). Only Reid beat him with 7, though 3 of those were in the cups.

He's not a great crosser but it shows he does create a few goals as well as score them.
  • I think Waggy lacks the tricks of a winger but comes into his own when defences tire due to his excellent fitness levels. Have seen some good crosses from him and some bad but he didn't look too bad playing more centarlly behind the front man and he has shown signs he knows where the goal is so maybe this is the direction we should be taking with him. Still young so has time to develop further. 
  • I think Waggy lacks the tricks of a winger but comes into his own when defences tire due to his excellent fitness levels. Have seen some good crosses from him and some bad but he didn't look too bad playing more centarlly behind the front man and he has shown signs he knows where the goal is so maybe this is the direction we should be taking with him. Still young so has time to develop further. 
    Could not agree more. I said last year (before Peacock played him up front!) - Redrobo August 2010 Quote

Fast, eye for a goal, young, free!

Play Wagstaff up front.

I would like to see him play there late in game or if BWP not starting. If he develops in this position we would be very fortunate and he could be worth a mint to us or in transfer fee. I hear a French Div 2 side in for him and offering more £. IMO we would be stupid not to try and keep and develop our young stars of the future. I hope our coahes have more faith than some of our fans.

10 goals and six assists - remember Sam?
  • 10 goals and six assists - remember Sam?
    He had 4 goals and 10 assists in 09/10. Very different players but both gave us a decent end product at this level.

No doubt would have got more assists had better strikers been there to get on the end of his crosses.
  • Agree. You can put over decent crosses all day long - but unless they are converted, you won't get any credit.

So assists tally is not in your own hands.
  • edited June 2011
    definitely not, quite a few excellent crosses went unrewarded last season although the quality of ball into the box was on the whole one of our major failings IMO.
  • Wagstaff and Solly are class at this level which is why were not being constantly linked with right sided players.

If waggy had those stats (no pens unlike green) for another club people would be demanding we signed him.
  • also like waggy and think there is more to come. only reservation is that our biggest weakness last year was our crossing and waggy was a culprit (though not the worst) - don't know enough about green to know if he is the answer but would like to see us bring in players that can cross a ball
  • Sponsored links:

• I like Waggy, but we need options on the right and we need more creativity throughout the midfield. He may have the second highest number of assists but Reid was shite for most of the season and hardly played - I think Waggy being so high up the charts is daming of the competition more than a reason to praise Waggy.

His goal return was however excellent, but he isn't all that consistent yet and we need more than one player in the squad who can play right midfield - there were periods last season when he was off form and probably should have been rested but after Martin went back he had to play by default and a lack of competition is rarely good for any player.
  • Danny Green was at Sparrows Lane on Thursday
  • edited June 2011
    very good source
  • edited June 2011
    Sounds very promising. Common you big hitters call in-favours and find out who !
  • wait for announcement next week, 2 top championship players imo signed last week
  • whisper it to us bourney?
  • You can't tease us like this Bourneaddick!
  • i cant tell you the names but i think your all be pleased, club will annouce when ready. dont know if Green signed but he was in talks.
  • Well Danny Green is not a Championship player so not him. Have we been linked to anyone that fits the bill ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope one of them is a centre half?!
  • I cant tell you the names but I think your all be pleased, the club will make an annoucement when ready. I dont know if Green signed  but he was in talks, what i will say is that both players have been mentioned on this site within the last 2 weeks
  • you tease
  • Gavin Rae was linked, he was quoted as saying it was between us and Aberdeen. Reading between the lines we might offer more money.
  • edited June 2011
    Oh the suspense!

Rae would be the logical answer.
  • hmmm might be the time for another inbox session, any chance you could spread the knowledge?
  • Rather Rowlands than Rae.
  • Well Rowlands isn't a top championship player for a start !

Couldn't get in qpr team, loaned to millwall couldn't get in their team. Not saying he wouldn't do an ok job for us just that he isn't top Champioship player

Maybe it's spotty parker, I don't know all of these rubbish rumours !

• Hope Green signs - and that one or both of these 'top Championship' players are defenders.

Bourneaddick- can you say what positions both players play in?
  • So and so has signed. Whatshisname will sign a week on Tuesday......yadda yadda.

Getting boring now.