Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things you only learned late in life

Comments

• Options
    What does a school bus and a grape have in common?

They're both purple, except for the bus!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: olster[/cite]A woman walks up to a bar tender and orders a double entendre, so he gave her one.

My favourite joke of all time.

Other than the Space Alien who crash lands in south London but takes too long to type.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]My brother's on the stage: he chews hammers

Is he a professional?

No, he's an amachewer!

This one made me laugh!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]no need now though as Velcro has arrived.[/quote]

That Velcro is just a Rip Off !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: olster[/cite]A woman walks up to a bar tender and orders a double entendre, so he gave her one.

Other than the Space Alien who crash lands in south London but takes too long to type.

Go on Henners. You know you want to. ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The past tense of learn : - )

Cough, cough, ahem...
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    New Labour are not Labour

woman prefer a challenge than a nice guy

perhaps should have taken my charlton-supporting old man's advice and supported Arsenal

Smoking is not easy to quit

money might not buy hapiness but can remove a lot of the obstacles in pursuit of it

most women dont consider match of the day followed by a pat on the backside as it ends and nod to the boudoir to be foreplay
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]

Cough, cough, ahem...

Disallowing that : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Go on Henners. You know you want to. ;)

One day.
  • Options
    I only just recently got this one. i dont know how. it seems so simple now.

on the train opposite this woman. I said........

'' can i smell your fanny?''

she said....

'' NO! and how dare you!!''

I said.....

''must be your feet then''.

p.s i didnt get the nun or the 2 birds ones?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have learnt (learned) that the following irregular verbs are now obsolete in British and American English. Burn, dream, dwell, Kneel, lean, learn, mow, smell, spell, spill and spoil. They now have the standard past and participle forms (-ed).

Who decided this and when? Nobody asked me. Its all part of the dumbing down......

Have also learnt that I am a pedantic, old fashioned git.
  • Options
    I've learnt it's always bro's before ho's. Always.

And i'm only little.
  • Options
    Burnt, dreamt, dwelt, Knelt, leant, learnt, mowed, smelt, spelt, spilt and spoilt

Burned, dreamed, dwelled, Knelled, leaned, learned, mowed, smelled, spelled, spilled and spoiled
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]

Cough, cough, ahem...

Well, bugger me Les Addick, that was interesting .....

I've even learned or learnt how poppodom is spelled or spelt correctly.
    And that Fayre is an archaic 'historick' word mis-spelling that is nearly always mis-applied these days, assuming I'm allowed to hyphenate the word 'misapplied' or 'misspelling'.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]

Have also learnt that I am a pedantic, old fashioned git.

Merely a euphemism for 'grumpy old man'.

Welcome to our club. Henry's chairman, but you can stand for election once per year.

;o)
  • Options
    ive learnt that i still dont understand most of what you bstds write when it aint about footie or birds
  • Options
    Re Henry Irwin's list of past participles...IF used with 'to have' as in 'I have dreamed' use -ed
    BUT if used as past simple, most of Henry's verbs are STRONG and take the form we all know such as I dreampt, I dwelt, I learnt, I spelt, etc. BUT I mowed (never heard of mowt!)
  • Options
    What about grasst ...... as in, "I grasst up the Great Train Robbers" .......?

Well?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: daveroan[/cite]Re Henry Irwin's list of past participles...IF used with 'to have' as in 'I have dreamed' use -ed
    BUT if used as past simple, most of Henry's verbs are STRONG and take the form we all know such as I dreampt, I dwelt, I learnt, I spelt, etc. BUT I mowed (never heard of mowt!)

see WTF does this mean it is like reading alien transcript sometimes on here
  • Options
    I've just recently learned that nuns are disgusting!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grumpy old man eh? That is something I have been working toward for the last 15 years, I long for the time when I can stand at my garden gate, wave my walking stick and shout obscenities at passing children for no apparent reason (not that the little buggers have any respect these days).

If accepted, I will promise to contradict myself on a regular basis, get names wrong and forget ......

Also its mown.
  • Options
    Oggy, no way am I a grumpy old man!!!!!!!!!

I do not go on about the good old days and how it was safer on the streets, I do not moan about young people listening to loud music or about speed cameras, taxation, immigration or the off-side law.

Middle aged perhaps, Grumpy no way.

So stick you Chairmanship up your ar*e sideways Granddad.

Hope I die before I get old

; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SpicedAddick[/cite]I've just recently learned that nuns are disgusting!

When I was a grotty spotty teenager at school, we use to call them the "Get Nones".

Evidently, we were wrong. They may have been spared the rod of man, but seem to have found many satisfying alternatives in their quest for personal holy grail.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Oggy, no way am I a grumpy old man!!!!!!!!!

I do not go on about the good old days and how it was safer on the streets, I do not moan about young people listening to loud music or about speed cameras, taxation, immigration or the off-side law.

; - )

Aw, poor Henry.

Have I touched a raw nerve ........he he he

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Oggy, no way am I a grumpy old man!!!!!!!!!

Oh c'mon Henry there's no need to be so modest. As holder of the Holey Cardigan you know your flock of miserable old sods log on every day for the latest pearls of wisdom to trip from your liver spotted fingers...
  • Options
    Liver spotted fingers ..... You want to get that seen to oggy ;-)
  • Options
    Is it something to do with me? I have only just joined the "grumpy old men" and already the chairman has resigned.

I suppose if you look at his record over the last two seasons though, you can see that the whole thing was inevitable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Liver spotted fingers ..... You want to get that seen to oggy ;-)

Hey, Unc .......according to Bournemouth Addick, they are Henry's liver spotted fingers, not mine.....(!)

;o)
  • Options
    The hotel receptionist told me that I couldn't have a tartan room, so I said I'd just have the room instead.
  • Options
    That thick tracing paper serves other purposes than for just wiping your arse on.