Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things you only learned late in life

Comments

• Options
    That when a kid at school got "run over" it merely meant hit by a car as opposed to squashed completely and had tyre marks on their body.
  • Options
    Middle managment don't know a lot about piss ups and breweries.
  • Options
    I have learnt that most people in the English speaking world haven't got a clue about English grammar, but more importantly that it is the belief that this doesn't matter that makes international communication problematic.

I have also learnt that it is another nation's obsession with grammar that enables me to make money.

This demonstrates another lesson: try for the happy median, and do a little of everything.

Another lesson: Don't be too proud to ask a question. Is it 'happy median' or 'happy medium'? Don't like the latter as it sounds like a delirious seance lady. Ohhh....and please explain the spanner jokes.
  • Options
    "My wife went to the West Indies"

"Jamaica?"

"No, she went of her own accord"

Now that is a rubbish, but classic, joke I bit like the nun and the soap
    “Where in North America are you taking your wife?”
    ”Alaska”
    ”Well let me know when you find out.”

Sorry. 😳
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I prefer

"My wife went to the West Indies"

"Jamaica?"

"No. St Lucia".

Why does that make me laugh?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Swisdom said:
    I genuine learned last night that a lemming is not a bird 

Walt Disney's great lemming fraud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsFVzywPNEc

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    As a kid I remember seeing an episode of Birds of a Feather that my parents were watching. 

There was a scene where one of the women was crying and her makeup was smearing all over her face.

For years afterwards I thought there were women out there who had black tears.
    That woulda been Dorian Green
  • Options
    I thought everything was black and white in the old day, but only until I was about 7 isssshhhh
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    As a kid I remember seeing an episode of Birds of a Feather that my parents were watching. 

There was a scene where one of the women was crying and her makeup was smearing all over her face.

For years afterwards I thought there were women out there who had black tears.
    No, just black hearts.
  • Options
    Colouring pencils are crayons and not crowns.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I genuine learned last night that a lemming is not a bird 

Quote perilous when those birds (allegedly) run off a cliff…
  • Options
    Employment is not be all & end all, & just how good retirement is 👍
  • Options
    That you do eventually get to see your favourite club winning at Wembley, not only once, but twice.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    House prices are not becoming more affordable.
  • Options
    Not blind, perhaps, but you'll have to adjust to varifocals.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Now you mention it my optician does suggest them.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Not blind, perhaps, but you'll have to adjust to vinegar stroke.

• Options
    how to flip an omelette without it hitting the floor 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Always had an inkling, but I've finally learnt over this last few months just how arrogant, ignorant, selfish, stupid, naive, easily led, easily influenced, gullible and not very well read some folk are. 
  • Options
    Always had an inkling, but I've finally learnt over this last few months just how arrogant, ignorant, selfish, stupid, naive, easily led, easily influenced, gullible and not very well read some folk are. 
    On a Which? facebook group, someone asked if they tested positive for covid whilst overseas, if they could fly back and quarantine at home!